• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Liberals create "**** Tea" Movement

LizardofOz

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
I'm having a hard time showing the actual site just put f then ucktea.com that simple.

Is something created by these people: Agenda Project

Last edited:
I dont really see their facts as having any sources nor do I see their website actually SAYING anything.

I dont get why a group like this is necessary, the teabaggers already do plenty to make themselves look ridiculous.

Yeah I've been wondering that too, just saw it on digg and figured I would post it. I figure if we have one crazy right-wing movement it might as well have an anti-thesis.

To that end, the Agenda Project, a new, progressive group with roots in New York's fundraising scene and a goal of strengthening the progressive movement, has launched the "F*ck Tea" project, which is aimed, the group's founder Erica Payne wrote in an e-mail this morning, "to dismiss the tea party and promote the progressive cause."

""We will be launching new products in the next several months to help people all over the country F*ck Tea," Payne told POLITICO. "Products like a Glenn Beck Bowl Buddy (Beck B Scrubbin) and others are perfect holiday gifts or just a great way to say, 'I love you and our country' to your spouse, friend or family."

Payne, a veteran consultant to progressive groups, is a co-founder of the Democracy Alliance, the low-profile group of liberal mega-donors who helped build the Center for American Progress and other new organizations that grew in the Bush years.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0810/Dem_group_launches_Fck_Tea_campaign.html?showall

What's that phrase that liberals keep throwing around about the tea party? Astroturf?

This doesn't really bother me. Tea is a ***** drink anyway. :2razz:

Given all the vulgar "teabagger" talk it is hardly surprising that someone would take it a step further.

Nobody has any class anymore.

Given all the vulgar "teabagger" talk it is hardly surprising that someone would take it a step further.

Nobody has any class anymore.

Where did all the classy fascists go, Korimyr?

I dont really see their facts as having any sources nor do I see their website actually SAYING anything.

I dont get why a group like this is necessary, the teabaggers already do plenty to make themselves look ridiculous.

Most "Teabaggers" have a job. :shrug:

Yeah, laughing stock must be a full-time gig these days.

KelsoBURN2.jpg

A sad state when people can't tell the trolling from reality anymore...

Several of them are also retired. I'll make you a bet, if the Bush tax cuts stay the majority of the Tea Party dies down.

I think that's doubtful, as their discontent goes to far more than that.

Several of them are also retired. I'll make you a bet, if the Bush tax cuts stay the majority of the Tea Party dies down.

you would lose; the Tea Party was a response to bailout nation, the deficit, and Obamacare, not a threat to the tax cuts.

Yeah, I know. But that's what you get when you get a bunch of rednecks together.

People like you make California proud.

If it wasnt already blindingly obvious, I have less than no respect for the teabagger movement.

Of course you don't. You describe them using sexual innuendo and baseless racism. Unfortunately that's become the stereotypical Californian.

I normally call them AARP members myself.....also true, need to make sure they get rid of them damn mexicans and those terror babies too, so I take back my previous statement. Since apparently they will all live to be 83 the teabagger movement got what? Another 10 years?

Of course you don't. You describe them using sexual innuendo and baseless racism. Unfortunately that's become the stereotypical Californian.
I describe them with a word they used for themselves until they figured out that, oops!, that word means something else! Dont blame me for the angry and ignorant crowd not being "hip" enough or too squeamish to use Google.

And how does putting the teabaggers at the same table as Perez Hilton and reality TV shows make me a "stereotypical Californian"

Bonus points if you get the joke. If you dont, even better, it means you dont spend your life sucking up celebrity gossip.

Back
Top Bottom