• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Liberals base their opinions on popular culture, while conservatives think for themselves.

eman926

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Sorry but that’s the truth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah the left is the dominant culture

So conservatives accept anything Trump says as 'facts', and anything a journalist (or anyone, for that matter) says that contradict the statements, as lies. Is that correct?

So conservatives accept anything Trump says as 'facts', and anything a journalist (or anyone, for that matter) says that contradict the statements, as lies? Is that correct?

You do realize I don’t like Trump’s views on trade, or his spending, right? I even criticized Trump saying that he spends faster than Obama did. Nice try.

Sorry, but I never met a conservative who had an original thought. Your post is an example of this.
If you had a better vocabulary you might be able to reword an old cliche in such a way that it sounds like an original thought but alas, conservatives come up short in that department too.

Actually you have it backwards, but then again you actually believe you are a conservative.

Sorry, but I never met a conservative who had an original thought. Your post is an example of this.
If you had a better vocabulary you might be able to reword an old cliche in such a way that it sounds like an original thought but alas, conservatives come up short in that department too.

Kind of like how people interviewed that supported Hillary Clinton COULDN’T NAME ONE accomplishment of hers? Sheep.

You do realize I don’t like Trump’s views on trade, or his spending, right? I even criticized Trump saying that he spends faster than Obama did. Nice try.

I haven't been around long enough to analyze your inputs, but it is rare to hear anyone admit anything not pro Trump here. I commend you for that.

I think we all tend to think for ourselves, some just tend to do so less critically then others.

Speaking for those that interpolate facts in the absence of full evidence, we do have enough of Trump's behaviors, truths/non-truths, and actions to fill in some of the gaps. I think it's reasonable to say he does not always embellish the truth when it comes to aggrandizing himself or his actions, responsibilities, etc... If he did, it would be a lot harder to buy the journalists or politicians who say something contradictory to him.

Last edited:
Actually you have it backwards, but then again you actually believe you are a conservative.

How so? Conservatives are pro-life, pro traditional marriage, pro-gun, Laissez-faire capitalists, low taxes, less government supporters. If you mention tariffs, well I oppose them because they ARE A TAX. I could go on!

I haven't been around long enough to analyze your inputs, but it is rare to hear anyone admit anything not pro Trump here. I commend you for that.
I think we all tend to think for ourselves, some just tend to do so less critically then others.

Go to the “Government Spending and Debt” boards, look at my thread, and see what I said about Trump. I also made a thread on these boards about a month-and-a-half ago criticizing Trump’s trade policies.

Kind of like how people interviewed that supported Hillary Clinton COULDN’T NAME ONE accomplishment of hers? Sheep.

What's kinda like that? Conservative cliches? Your vocabulary? What?

:lamo
Sorry, this is just dumb.

Conservatives get their "news" from Hannity, Carlson, Ingraham, Alex Jones, Brietbart, etc. etc.....and THINK they are "thinking for themselves". And that just means that conservatives are weak-minded fools.

Liberals get their opinions from facts. Conservatives get their opinions from...the opinions of other conservatives.

Silly false dichotomy with no supporting argument. Put some effort into your next thread.

These threads are hilarious. It's like watching a three year old scribble with a crayon.

How so? Conservatives are pro-life, pro traditional marriage, pro-gun, Laissez-faire capitalists, low taxes, less government supporters. If you mention tariffs, well I oppose them because they ARE A TAX. I could go on!

conservatives are for protectionism and should be

These threads are hilarious. It's like watching a three year old scribble with a crayon.

No wonder you say that, you are one of those Marxist educators who opposes school choice.

Thread title: Liberals base their opinions on popular culture, while conservatives think for themselves.

That is one of the worst examples of projection I have seen at this forum in ....Oh.... about a day since Trumpets sputter out one of these at least once a day.

America's History of Protectionism | The National Interest

it has always been a thing

and the great depression is because of the Fed reserve

Doesn't mean that conservatives didn't oppose it prior to Trump running for office. Did you know that NAFTA was originally Ronald Reagan's idea? You could make exceptions with maybe Calvin Coolidge (who was still a great president), or Herbert Hoover (who sucked anyways), but throughout history conservatives have always supported free trade. It seems also as if Republicans (but not conservatives) have shut up about the national debt considering Trump adding to it faster than Obama. Look up U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time and look at the projected years 2024 and 2028 if we continue the path we're. The website was not nice to Obama either if you somehow think it's a leftist site. Spending wise, we need another president like Calvin Coolidge. It seems like so-called "conservatives" like you also can't think for themselves. If Trump supports something, you automatically support that. I don't go that easy. I even criticize friends of mine that are politicians, and they are GOP as well. I criticize both parties.

Back
Top Bottom