• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

LIBERALS at it again, Demanding Diversity even when it's NON-SENSICAL; trans want to be models

Are liberals taking it too far when their diversity demands?

• Yes

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ProgressiveCON

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
https://www.harpersbazaar.com/uk/fa...logises-insensitive-trans-plus-size-comments/

Look, liberals, Victoria Secret is a business, they are in it to make a profit. There isn't a marketable audience that's big enough for them to consider transgender models.

Niche is niche, I mean, I'd like some 60 year old fat, white males as models strutting around to make me feel better about my image. But it doesn't work that way, just because you want a trans up there, IT HAS TO MAKE BUSINESS SENSE.

But it's just too niche, go start a lingerie brand for transgenders, go make that money, don't demand it from a mainstream lingerie business that serves the majority to make a profit off the majority.

I should start a movement that fat white males can also be beautiful and make snarky remarks when there aren't more of us as models.

https://www.harpersbazaar.com/uk/fa...logises-insensitive-trans-plus-size-comments/

Look, liberals, Victoria Secret is a business, they are in it to make a profit. There isn't a marketable audience that's big enough for them to consider transgender models.

Niche is niche, I mean, I'd like some 60 year old fat, white males as models strutting around to make me feel better about my image. But it doesn't work that way, just because you want a trans up there, IT HAS TO MAKE BUSINESS SENSE.

But it's just too niche, go start a lingerie brand for transgenders, go make that money, don't demand it from a mainstream lingerie business that serves the majority to make a profit off the majority.

I should start a movement that fat white males can also be beautiful and make snarky remarks when there aren't more of us as models.

This liberal has lived a lot of years never giving one thought to Victoria's Secret and I could care less what they do now.

This liberal has lived a lot of years never giving one thought to Victoria's Secret and I could care less what they do now.

Do you support businesses having to engage in affirmative action (for race, gender, ect.) in their marketing and advertisement?

Do you support businesses having to engage in affirmative action (for race, gender, ect.) in their marketing and advertisement?

"having to engage" ??

Victoria's Secret obviously targets a specific audience. It's probably dumb to not include trans models if they like to sell lingerie. But who knows, maybe all the VS customers will run off and buy different lingerie if their "brand" becomes confused with trans. Much ado about not much at all.

"having to engage" ??

Victoria's Secret obviously targets a specific audience. It's probably dumb to not include trans models if they like to sell lingerie. But who knows, maybe all the VS customers will run off and buy different lingerie if their "brand" becomes confused with trans. Much ado about not much at all.

I would define "having to engage", as having a diverse group of people as part of your advertisement and marketing, as well as having your product be usable for a diverse group of people.

I recall Asians crying about not enough Asians show up in advertisements, commercials, movies, and ect. a few years back, as an example.

Nothing burger. According to the article he was asked whether the brand should think about more diversity. he said they'd considered it and decided it didn't suit the brand. Two people we've never heard of got on twitter and disagreed with that choice, thinking it was outdated. One somewhat more strongly than the other.

Nobody 'demanded' anything, and whoever these people are I don't know what makes them representatives of 'The Left TM.' It is not entirely clear to me exactly 'who' is 'at' 'what' again and what 'it' is.

Nothing burger. According to the article he was asked whether the brand should think about more diversity. he said they'd considered it and decided it didn't suit the brand. Two people we've never heard of got on twitter and disagreed with that choice, thinking it was outdated. One somewhat more strongly than the other.

Nobody 'demanded' anything, and whoever these people are I don't know what makes them representatives of 'The Left TM.' It is not entirely clear to me exactly 'who' is 'at' 'what' again and what 'it' is.

Why is all the leftist media jumping on this nothing burger?

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...ret-trans-apology_us_5be7caefe4b0e8438898a5ad

Victoria'''s Secret CEO Jan Singer Resigns After Two Years | Time

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-...ersity-fashion-show-controversy-a8634886.html

"VICTORIA’S SECRET LINGERIE CEO ‘STEPS DOWN’ AMID CONTROVERSY OVER LACK OF DIVERSITY"

A nothing burger huh? A bunch of complaining liberals might have cost a CEO her job.

What??? I see plenty of white old male fat models selling computer software, big and tall clothes, gold, and pillows.

WHat are you talking about? LMAO

1.) this has nothing to do with "liberals"
2.) Harpers bazzar?
3.) your article doesnt even support your op

wow what an instant fail

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...ret-trans-apology_us_5be7caefe4b0e8438898a5ad

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-...ersity-fashion-show-controversy-a8634886.html

"VICTORIA’S SECRET LINGERIE CEO ‘STEPS DOWN’ AMID CONTROVERSY OVER LACK OF DIVERSITY"

A nothing burger huh? A bunch of complaining liberals might have cost a CEO her job.

They're reporting on it. That's what news media does.

Left or right aside; the first time I see a trans or obese model at VS, I will stop buying my wife stuff from there. Not because I have any problem with trans, but because I will loose all respect for the company if they give up a long time successful marketing campaign to capitulate to an idiotic group who is pressuring them.

I don't see them throwing profits down the drain, though. People buy their products largely because they've always had attractive people wearing their clothes and hoping they will look attractive. Once people realize fat is still fat in pretty underwear, they lose millions.

They're reporting on it. That's what news media does.

News shouldn't be reporting on "nothing burgers". I had a big sandwich this morning, no news media jumping on that news because that's a "nothing burger"

For the same reason Carters sells pills: to make money.

Media outlets sell advertising, which means they need to publish content that attracts readers/viewers. They need to care what viewers, they just need ones who have eyes and/or ears, and the more the better. It's less, if at all, about ad revenue when it comes to a mass media outlet's editorial and op-ed pages/content, but as goes "Page 6," "style and lifestyle pages," that's all it's about.

Last edited:
For the same reason Carters sells pills: to make money.

Media outlets sell advertising, which means they need to publish content that attracts readers/viewers. They need to care what viewers, they just need ones who have eyes and/or ears, and the more the better. It's less, if at all, about ad revenue when it comes to a mass media outlet's editorial and op-ed pages/content, but as goes "Page 6," "style and lifestyle pages," that's all it's about.

Wow, lots of people calling out the mainstream news media on this thread...

Wow, lots of people calling out the mainstream news media on this thread...

3132+The+Whipping+Boy+Booki_Page_3.jpg

Like the man said, he markets to many other countries. The fact is whilst countries like the US and the UK are obsessed with diversity, the majority of the world see the LGBT community as a bunch of perverts and and nutcases. Behave like that in any one of the many Islamic countries and you will get stoned to death. Even many of the non Islamic countries aren't nearly as liberal or accepting as us. I often wonder if they have it right, and we have it wrong?

And she might not be able to affor that second yacht or her baby's platinum diapers? The OUTRAGE! OH the HUMANITY!

Godless trannies are trying to convert your children as we speak you know?

:lamo

Like the man said, he markets to many other countries. The fact is whilst countries like the US and the UK are obsessed with diversity, the majority of the world see the LGBT community as a bunch of perverts and and nutcases. Behave like that in any one of the many Islamic countries and you will get stoned to death. Even many of the non Islamic countries aren't nearly as liberal or accepting as us. I often wonder if they have it right, and we have it wrong?

Victoria Secret doesn't target people who require their women to wear burkas.

Food for thought.

Nothing you're blabbering about squares with your headline.

News shouldn't be reporting on "nothing burgers". I had a big sandwich this morning, no news media jumping on that news because that's a "nothing burger"

Depends on what was in the sandwich. The "nothing burger" has three pages of comments here. Ain't nothing... Dog bites man is newsworthy.

And by the way, why has no one yet mentioned the movie Victor/Victoria? Seems relevant as any other comment.

Last edited:
Report on nothing burgers?

So...you agree with Trump then.

Dunno what this has to do with Trump, but if a story rates a sidebar in opinion-rags like Huffpost and Harper's Bazaar, or a third page column in the business news, it's not a big deal.

Back
Top Bottom