• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Liberals....As we said....your tribal leaders have been lying to you

WEAR YOUR MASKS!! KEEP 6 FEET AWAY!! IF YOU DON'T YOU WILL INFECT SOMEONE OR BE INFECTED!!!

Well, folks. It was all a lie, I knew it. The conservatives here knew and we all told you it w
as hogwash and to STOP listening to the unelected bureaucrats that shut down the economy and cost millions their jobs. Here is the proof.

Early test results of Minnesota protesters show few coronavirus positives | Fox News

Questions? Comments?

And BTW - it isn't "unelected bureaucrats that shut down the economy and cost millions their jobs". They have no such authority.

Nah. I asked you to prove what you were saying and I knew you couldn't.

LOL, you would have to deaf, dumb and blind to not know what is happening, oh wait....never mind.

The obvious comment is addressing the very first word of the link. EARLY.

Despite the fact that the past 6 months have presented such a data rich subject, it does not mean that everything is known about this capricious virus. That said, there are things we do know, and there are already dozens of counter examples traceable to close gatherings like church services, where the spread has been devastating. It's already far too late for feeble revisionism like your post.

Further is safer.
Masks are safer.
Better, more frequent hygiene is safer.
AND!
Outdoors is safer than indoors.

Life is a risk. Those who contracted this virus and lived are really safe now. Those who didn't are at risk. Of course it would safer if everyone wore one of those ridiculous stifling germ infested masks ALL THE TIME even in flu season. Are we gonna mandate that? If not, why not if the goal is that not ONE person die?

This is far from being any pandemic. 80% of the people who die are on their last legs. People under 60 have a VERY small chance of dying from this. All that hullabaloo about spring break? You don't hear about it any more, do you? The news about is abruptly stopped in early April You can g=bet you ass that if hundreds of kids died because they were on that the beach without masks that CNN and MSNBS would be al over it like white in rice.

That didn't happen and the news is now silent. Why? Because their nail biting and hyper-ventilating was wrong and they won't admit it. If they did, it would be good news and destroy their narrative. All of you are being indoctrinated daily by those who want to destroy America, namely CNN, MSBNC, WaPo and the NY Times.

And BTW - it isn't "unelected bureaucrats that shut down the economy and cost millions their jobs". They have no such authority.

They DO have the authority because the ONLY reason a mayor or governor can do is utilizing the health department edicts in the various cities, since they are not doctors or experts. When a gym re=opened against orders, the HEALTH Department was sicced on him and closed his ass down. They have immense powers now because society is like sheep and LET them.

BTW, a chain of 130 gyms is going bankrupt. Great job, liberals

They DO have the authority because the ONLY reason a mayor or governor can do is utilizing the health department edicts in the various cities, since they are not doctors or experts. When a gym re=opened against orders, the HEALTH Department was sicced on him and closed his ass down. They have immense powers now because society is like sheep and LET them.

BTW, a chain of 130 gyms is going bankrupt. Great job, liberals

All of these recommendations came out of the white house.

Trump gets any blame attached

LOL, you would have to deaf, dumb and blind to not know what is happening, oh wait....never mind.

Proves you have nothing and can't support your posts. I deal in facts, Casper. your opinion doesn't count with me. Give me facts when I ask for them. Don't run and hide and say "go fetch". If you have facts you would immediately post them. you didn't. It's not up to me or others to disprove what you say. it's up to you to prove what you say. Otherwise, we all might as well become evangelical Christians and just believe each other because there is some passage in the bible that can be interpreted as such and such. It becomes crazy when people post opinions as facts.

You have FACTS...show them. You don't, admit it.

You're repeating yourself instead of listening.

You were duped and lied to and are not listening to the FACTS I posted. Instead, you have only opinions and emotions.

What have your tribal leaders (mainstream media) told you about how many of those college kids who were at the beach during spring break without masks died? isn't that something you would want to know? Mope. Because you don't WANT to listen to anything other than that which conforms to the narrative that MSM has indoctrinated you with.

Look at the bright side. Rush Limbaugh had these idiots convinced that COVID was the common cold not that many months ago.

At least people like the OP have ever so slowly started understanding how serious it is.

You were duped and lied to and are not listening to the FACTS I posted. Instead, you have only opinions and emotions.

What have your tribal leaders (mainstream media) told you about how many of those college kids who were at the beach during spring break without masks died? isn't that something you would want to know? Mope. Because you don't WANT to listen to anything other than that which conforms to the narrative that MSM has indoctrinated you with.

Read and weep.

Showing results for benefits of wearing a mask
Search instead for benefits ofd wearing a mask

Search Results
Web results

Why Face Masks Are Crucial Now in the Battle Against COVID ...Healthline: Medical information and health advice you can trust. › health-news › face-masks-import...
Apr 6, 2020 - ... the benefit of wearing a mask to coughing or sneezing into your elbow. “ Wearing a mask is good for two reasons: It's going to cut down 95 ...
COVID-19 alert
Common questions
Are masks effective against the coronavirus disease?

Why should I wear a cloth mask?

Does everyone need to wear a face mask?

Should I wear a mask when I go out in public?

For informational purposes only. Consult your local medical authority for health advice.
Feedback
Web results

Do Face Masks Prevent the Spread of Viruses? - Healthlinewww.healthline.com › health › cold-flu › mask
For many years, scientists weren't sure whether wearing a mask was effective at preventing the ... Still, studies have found benefits to both types of masks.
‎Recommendations · ‎Research · ‎Types of masks

Don't Wear a Mask for Yourself - The Atlanticwww.theatlantic.com › health › archive › 2020/04 › do...
Apr 22, 2020 - Masks help us do that. And because we don't know for sure who's sick, the only solution is for everyone to wear masks. This eventually benefits ...
Top stories

Spate of new research supports wearing masks to control coronavirus spread
Washington Post·2 days ago

What kind of face mask gives the best protection against coronavirus?
The Guardian·39 mins ago

Face masks are essential to slowing the coronavirus spread. Here’s a guide to help you
Idaho Statesman·1 day ago
More for benefits of wearing a mask
Web results

CDC Issues Guidelines On Mask-Wearing At Large ...khn.org › morning-breakout › cdc-issues-guidelines-on...
23 hours ago - CDC Issues Guidelines On Mask-Wearing At Large Gatherings As Studies Tout Benefits Of Face Coverings. For some Americans, the decision ...

CDC Recommends Americans Wear Cloth Face Masks in Publicwww.aarp.org › conditions-treatments › info-2020 › cd...
Apr 24, 2020 - The CDC is encouraging al Americans to wear cloth face masks if they ... But they can offer some germ-blocking benefits, says Joseph Allen, ...

Should I be wearing a face covering during the COVID-19 ...Home | MS Trust › news › views-and-comments › s...
Apr 24, 2020 - The way COVID-19 spreads has led to strict rules on medical masks ... however they may be of some benefit when worn in enclosed public ...

Masks and Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) | Infectious ...jamanetwork.com › journals › jama › fullarticle
Apr 17, 2020 - Primary benefits of wearing a mask include limiting the spread of the virus from someone who knows or does not know they have an infection to ...
by AN Desai - ‎Cited by 3

COVID-19: When should you wear a face mask? – Mayo ...newsnetwork.mayoclinic.org › discussion › covid-19-w...
Mar 5, 2020 - The increase in the general public buying surgical face masks has ... to be any additional benefit to wearing a mask yourself because the mask ...

What Are the Benefits of Wearing a Face Mask? - WSJwww.wsj.com › Life & Arts › Health › Your Health
Apr 3, 2020 - The biggest benefit of wearing a mask is protecting others from you in the event that you are sick or asymptomatic, experts say. “When going out ...
COVID-19 alert
Common searches
cdc face mask
masks for sale
how to make a mask
face masks for sale
Page Navigation
Next

Read and weep.

More:

theconversation.com › should-i-wear-a-mask-on-public...
5 days ago - So what does fresh evidence say about the benefits of healthy people wearing masks in public? And how do you use this to decide what to do?

Expert Quotes: Covering your face during the COVID-19 ...SciLine › covid › expert-quotes-covering-face
Apr 9, 2020 - What are the benefits of wearing a face mask, even if you are healthy? “First, the surgeon's mask is designed to prevent the wearer's viral-laden ...

Face masks are no 'silver bullet' for coronavirus but do have ...ABC (Australian Broadcasting Corporation) › news › health › coronavirus-faces-m...
May 28, 2020 - Face masks aren't "a silver bullet" for combatting coronavirus, but do have benefits. If you're going to wear one here's what you need to know.

Time to encourage people to wear face masks as a precaution ...ScienceDaily: Your source for the latest research news › releases › 2020/04
Apr 9, 2020 - Some researchers argue that people are unlikely to wear masks ... agree that the public should wear face masks because the benefits are ...

Two Doctors Explore The Physical – And Psychological ...Forbes › coronavirusfrontlines › 2020/04/16
Apr 16, 2020 - We believe that mask wearing likely provides a very small health benefit, mostly in protecting healthy people from infected people. But a ...

Benefits of wearing a mask in public - KRTV.comwww.krtv.com › news › coronavirus › benefits-of-wear...
Apr 13, 2020 - While the public is encouraged to wear face coverings, only medical professionals are encouraged to wear medical-grade face masks.

Spate of new research supports wearing masks to control ...www.washingtonpost.com › health › 2020/06/13 › spate-...
3 days ago - The studies don't settle the question of whether the protective benefit of a face mask derives from the barrier it creates — or from behavior ...

The benefits of wearing face masks are clear | Letters | World ...www.theguardian.com › world › apr › the-benefits-of-...
Apr 6, 2020 - Letters: Masks worn by the public will limit the transmission of Covid-19 and will help save lives, writes Dr Beng Goh.

Coronavirus: Who should wear a face mask or face covering ...www.bbc.com › news › health-51205344
Woman at railway station wearing a face mask ... Health staff already wear masks in clinical areas within 2m (6ft) of a patient - but they will now have to wear ...

Should You Wear a Mask to Prevent Coronavirus? | Timetime.com › Health › COVID-19
Should Healthy People Wear Masks to Prevent Coronavirus? ... six feet, mask wearing is unlikely to ...
Apr 3, 2020
COVID-19 alert
Common searches
cdc face mask
masks for sale
how to make a mask
face masks for sale
Page Navigation
Previous
Next

As the one million people pour into the arena in Tulsa to watch the massive liar and horrible leader spew his propaganda, we should keep an eye on how many wear masks.

Should be a number of old folks there.

Life is a risk. Those who contracted this virus and lived are really safe now. Those who didn't are at risk. Of course it would safer if everyone wore one of those ridiculous stifling germ infested masks ALL THE TIME even in flu season. Are we gonna mandate that? If not, why not if the goal is that not ONE person die?

This is far from being any pandemic. 80% of the people who die are on their last legs. People under 60 have a VERY small chance of dying from this. All that hullabaloo about spring break? You don't hear about it any more, do you? The news about is abruptly stopped in early April You can g=bet you ass that if hundreds of kids died because they were on that the beach without masks that CNN and MSNBS would be al over it like white in rice.

That didn't happen and the news is now silent. Why? Because their nail biting and hyper-ventilating was wrong and they won't admit it. If they did, it would be good news and destroy their narrative. All of you are being indoctrinated daily by those who want to destroy America, namely CNN, MSBNC, WaPo and the NY Times.

Hold on a minute while I get my hip waders on.
Is life a risk? Sure. Have all those who contracted the virus and lived, really safe now? Where's the evidence of that? In fact, just recently, sailors aboard a navel vessel who tested positive, were treated, tested negative and reassigned to duty aboard their ship, came down with the disease again.

But all of that is beside the point. You seem to have a serious blockage about the rather obvious concept of flattening the curve. It is nothing less than the "ridiculous stifling germ invested masks", and social distancing, that have kept the hospitals from being overrun with critical patients. Perhaps math is not your strong suit, but projecting a line, or following a simple curve, should be within your limited abilities. I suggest you rethink your nonsense.

Or not. But if not, then who is your audience for your deliberate distortion of reality?

This is far from being any pandemic. 80% of the people who die are on their last legs. People under 60 have a VERY small chance of dying from this

First let me start be saying this is a pandemic. It is severe enough that many people are dying from it, albeit it is true that most who succumb are older and in a weakened state. Denying a simple truth like this loses you credibility and doesn't get us anywhere.

Now that I've said that, I do believe we need to adapt to the situation as more information rolls in. The most important aspect of this is the mortality rate in my opinion, i.e., how deadly is it? Recent collection of data via antibody surveys and more refined modeling by the CDC no less, reveals that the most current estimates with the best data put this virus in the 0.3-0.5% fatality range. That includes all ages and all health conditions. It seems reasonable to me that this means generally healthy people under 60 may experience a mortality rate of 0.1% or even less than this.

So, much less severe than early estimates of 3-4%. For the record, I fully supported and applauded the shutdown some months ago. I think given the information we had it was the only course of action any responsible government could have made. Now that we have higher fidelity data, and a much lower fatality estimate has been published, I have to agree that some measures are too strict considering the mortality of this virus, but in my humble opinion some are still needed. Remember, only a small chunk of the population has antibodies to this thing, and we need to make sure not all of us get sick at the same time, it could overwhelm health treatment in any of our local areas if we aren't careful.

Having said this, it does not seem to warrant the huge economic losses to date, and a more refined model of how to live with this thing as a society needs to be reached. I'll leave it to those smarter than me to figure that out.

Proves you have nothing and can't support your posts. I deal in facts, Casper. your opinion doesn't count with me. Give me facts when I ask for them. Don't run and hide and say "go fetch". If you have facts you would immediately post them. you didn't. It's not up to me or others to disprove what you say. it's up to you to prove what you say. Otherwise, we all might as well become evangelical Christians and just believe each other because there is some passage in the bible that can be interpreted as such and such. It becomes crazy when people post opinions as facts.

You have FACTS...show them. You don't, admit it.

North Texas COVID-19 cases, hospitalizations maintain upward trend | FOX 4 News Dallas-Fort Worth

First let me start be saying this is a pandemic. It is severe enough that many people are dying from it, albeit it is true that most who succumb are older and in a weakened state. Denying a simple truth like this loses you credibility and doesn't get us anywhere.

Now that I've said that, I do believe we need to adapt to the situation as more information rolls in. The most important aspect of this is the mortality rate in my opinion, i.e., how deadly is it? Recent collection of data via antibody surveys and more refined modeling by the CDC no less, reveals that the most current estimates with the best data put this virus in the 0.3-0.5% fatality range. That includes all ages and all health conditions. It seems reasonable to me that this means generally healthy people under 60 may experience a mortality rate of 0.1% or even less than this.

So, much less severe than early estimates of 3-4%. For the record, I fully supported and applauded the shutdown some months ago. I think given the information we had it was the only course of action any responsible government could have made. Now that we have higher fidelity data, and a much lower fatality estimate has been published, I have to agree that some measures are too strict considering the mortality of this virus, but in my humble opinion some are still needed. Remember, only a small chunk of the population has antibodies to this thing, and we need to make sure not all of us get sick at the same time, it could overwhelm health treatment in any of our local areas if we aren't careful.

Having said this, it does not seem to warrant the huge economic losses to date, and a more refined model of how to live with this thing as a society needs to be reached. I'll leave it to those smarter than me to figure that out.

I want to know how many excess deaths there are and we don't have that information, at least not that I can confirm. I brought this up before. The only way we can really tell for sure is to wait until the duct settles and get the data of TOTAL deaths. This article states, not all countries count as a COVID death someone who has one or more serious conditions going in. This point has been debated here at length with the side who errs on the side of hysteria saying something like "If YOUR granny got a touch of COVID died at 87 even though she had cancer and heart disease, you wouldn't like it" or some such nonsense like that. I really don't see what good the CDC does other than keeping statistics of deaths. With their unbelievably lax method of calling a death COVID related, we have a skewed count because ANY person who dies WITH Covid is called as having died FROM Covid.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)30933-8/fulltext

We therefore urge all national authorities who can collate counts of weekly deaths to expedite the publication of these data and place them in the public domain. The dissemination of this information should be done within 3–4 weeks of the period of observation. At a minimum, tabulations by sex and 5-year age groups are essential. Where not already in the public domain, countries should also release the equivalent weekly data for every calendar year from 2010, for calculation of excess deaths in 2020.

The above is what I have been saying for months here. here is another article about Florida

Florida’s coronavirus death numbers are closer to reality than other states

According to a New York Times report, confirmed COVID-19 deaths in much of the country don’t account for the excess deaths reported by state health officials compared to an average year.

Excess deaths likely unskew inconsistent access to testing, especially a problem in the early days of the outbreak, and deaths among people already suffering myriad health problems......The most recent data in the Times’ report was more than three weeks behind............22 states have seen more deaths than their past five years’ average would suggest,

This means that twenty EIGHT states do NOT have deaths in excess of what would be expected on average. The states with the high rates of death are those who squeeze people into subways, trains, buses, high rises, condos, apartments and for THIS.......we ALL have to wear masks because of pearl clutchers??

Florida has about 500 excess deaths and they reopened early. They have 22 million people and 500 deaths isn't even a fraction of 1%. This is cray. This is NO pandemic. This is a bad virus that affects highly populated areas.

This means that twenty EIGHT states do NOT have deaths in excess of what would be expected on average. The states with the high rates of death are those who squeeze people into subways, trains, buses, high rises, condos, apartments and for THIS.......we ALL have to wear masks because of pearl clutchers??

Florida has about 500 excess deaths and they reopened early. They have 22 million people and 500 deaths isn't even a fraction of 1%. This is cray. This is NO pandemic. This is a bad virus that affects highly populated areas.

I agree with this statement in principal. By far the most accurate means of indicating how much more death occurred during a time period is to compare it to the 3 or 5 year historical average for that same time period. I expect many states weren't hit as hard as others and have no appreciable excess deaths.

The question I have to you is: What do you attribute that to? Is it because the virus is so weak that it can run through a society and do no detectable damage *or* is it because the measures that were instituted kept this virus from becoming too widespread (like the flu)? I believe we have ample evidence to suggest that unmitigated spread would overwhelm our health systems, so a degree of containment is needed. At the same time, I also believe that this virus in not severe enough to working-age people to continue disrupting the economy as it has in March and April.

We need to get to a more refined model that lets the economy flow as freely as possible while lowering the spread rate. Not an easy thing to figure out, but there are smart people working at this very thing.

I agree with this statement in principal. By far the most accurate means of indicating how much more death occurred during a time period is to compare it to the 3 or 5 year historical average for that same time period. I expect many states weren't hit as hard as others and have no appreciable excess deaths.

The question I have to you is: What do you attribute that to? Is it because the virus is so weak that it can run through a society and do no detectable damage *or* is it because the measures that were instituted kept this virus from becoming too widespread (like the flu)? I believe we have ample evidence to suggest that unmitigated spread would overwhelm our health systems, so a degree of containment is needed. At the same time, I also believe that this virus in not severe enough to working-age people to continue disrupting the economy as it has in March and April.

We need to get to a more refined model that lets the economy flow as freely as possible while lowering the spread rate. Not an easy thing to figure out, but there are smart people working at this very thing.

Well, one that would be a good start is to Enforce safety measures, meaning no mask = no service.

Well, one that would be a good start is to Enforce safety measures, meaning no mask = no service.

You wear yours everywhere. How about that? I think you're sick. I am fine.

WEAR YOUR MASKS!! KEEP 6 FEET AWAY!! IF YOU DON'T YOU WILL INFECT SOMEONE OR BE INFECTED!!!

Well, folks. It was all a lie, I knew it. The conservatives here knew and we all told you it w
as hogwash and to STOP listening to the unelected bureaucrats that shut down the economy and cost millions their jobs. Here is the proof.

Early test results of Minnesota protesters show few coronavirus positives | Fox News

Questions? Comments?

This liberal has no tribal leader, why do you lie about liberals all having tribal leaders? As far as shutting down the economy it began at the stock market and the White House....

Twenty EIGHT states with no excess Covid deaths. Eat that.

The States that opened early all do, but hey in your world ignoring the virus will make it go away, you may get a harsh reality check one of these days.

Back
Top Bottom