• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Liberals again show their hate and dedain for our military..

You said enlist, in addition to not being able to read you can't speak either.........I am done with you rookie...........

Uh, no, here's what I said:

So you re-enlisted not out of a sense of patriotic duty, but because of what it would get you? Good to know.

That said, the United States of America has a history of giong back on its promises when it was convenient to do so. This isn't any different.

TED,
Not the one with reading comprehension issues, it would seem.

Last edited:
Do you have a reading comprehension to? What part of "one of the things"
do you not understand????

You also said:

I am not sure I would have reenlisted without it......

So.

It may have been one of the things, but it most certainly was by far the biggest thing.

There's nothing wrong with admitting your primary motivation was self-interest. That's a well-known trait in, well, just about every human on the planet.

Last edited:
You also said:

So.

It may have been one of the things, but it most certainly was by far the biggest thing.

There's nothing wrong with admitting your primary motivation was self-interest. That's a well-known trait in, well, just about every human on the planet.

This is senseless. . . what are you doing?

Everyone takes a job for their own personal reasons:

Pay
Benefits
Health Insurance
Business Connections
Expanding your Resume

The list goes on - all of these are personal reasons.

If being employed and doing a duty didn't fulfill a personal reason of some type then NO ONE WOULD WORK.

Not even a volunteer who doesn't get a pay check for duties performed does their duty without expecting some sort of personal-return.

So please don't use a fact of life in an argument when picking apart why someone would re-enlist.

Leaving aside the irrelevancy of Navy Pride, this is still just an entirely deceitful thing. It's typical of certain people on the right now, they cry about the deficit, then when discussion about reducing the deficit happens, they cry about that, and cry even more when it turns out they might have to share some of the cost. "The deficit is too big! Don't cut that, it benefits me!".

Then of course there is the usual hysteria about the left hating the military, even though it's such an obvious lie it's almost not worth pointing out. Yes, this whole thread is a huge example of complete and total fail.

Leaving aside the irrelevancy of Navy Pride, this is still just an entirely deceitful thing. It's typical of certain people on the right now, they cry about the deficit, then when discussion about reducing the deficit happens, they cry about that, and cry even more when it turns out they might have to share some of the cost. "The deficit is too big! Don't cut that, it benefits me!".

Then of course there is the usual hysteria about the left hating the military, even though it's such an obvious lie it's almost not worth pointing out. Yes, this whole thread is a huge example of complete and total fail.

Anyone - ever - suggesting that they should cut military anything gets people's panties a twist. It's a bit understandable. But things do need to go.

Benefits? Which ones - some are excessive.
Pay? Maybe - does everyone need a raise every year?
Budget cuts - sure, just like everything else, budgets can be flexed and reduced.
Overall spending - you betcha, just like everything else.

The sensitivity behind military-cost nips is why they had to form a non-political advisory comittee when they realized they *had* to shut down bases but no one in Congress wanted to kill their constituent support by voicing their thoughts and chosing which ones should go. The committee reviewed and recommended - and then those they cited should go were closed.

I've got no problem with them cutting benefits to Veterans.

As long as they cut it to every other type of welfarce recipiant who didn't serve their country by at least double the same percentage.

You want to cut Vet benefits by 5%? Fine. Cut Unemployement benefits, welfare benefits, and medicare benefits by 10%

This isn't worth any more discussion. Our posts speak for themselves.

Yeah, they do. Just want to point out that I agree with what Tactical said as to the meaning of his posts. So glad you can read minds. *rolls eyes*

Your only contribution to this thread is to point THAT out??? *rolls eyes back atcha*

As long as they cut it to every other type of welfarce recipiant who didn't serve their country by at least double the same percentage.

You want to cut Vet benefits by 5%? Fine. Cut Unemployement benefits, welfare benefits, and medicare benefits by 10%

Using the logic of the OP...why do you have such hate and disdain for our military my left wing friend?

No benefit should be cut if it is and earned benefit......Welfare and extended unemployment are 2 that are not earned....These are the kind of programs that should be cut.........

As far as military retirement pay goes we don't get a raise every year.........How can you tell someone if you make the military a career we will provide you with these benefits and once you do that the government reneges on their promise?

No benefit should be cut if it is and earned benefit......Welfare and extended unemployment are 2 that are not earned....These are the kind of programs that should be cut.........

As far as military retirement pay goes we don't get a raise every year.........How can you tell someone if you make the military a career we will provide you with these benefits and once you do that the government reneges on their promise?

then you would agree that my husbands pension and benefits should not be cut.

A lot of Liberals are ashamed to be addressed as such so they have changed their label to progressive now read what I high lighted, that might help...........

Kinda like a lot of Republicans.....right Navy?

Kinda like a lot of Republicans.....right Navy?

I don't know of another name for Conservatives like there is for Liberals.....Not sure how you put republican in the mix...........

You opposed the UAW renegotiating it's contracts as well?

In general I oppose all unions especially the UAW........They have long since outlived their usefulness but this is another thread...........

Not every witness was keen on maintaining the status quo for military retirees or veterans. Will Marshall, president of the Progressive Policy Institute, in his written statement said “no program should be exempted from new constraints of fiscal discipline, including defense.” He referred to Congressional Budget Office options that included higher “military health care premiums and deductibles” that would save $6 billion to $8 billion annually.

There WILL be cuts. There SHOULD be cuts. Even with the VA and healthcare there should be overhauls and more efficient use of taxpayer dollars but not in cuts in service. The ironic part is that the government is spending money like a crackfiend does rocks in a state owned limo and NOW they want to pretend like they are 'responsible'? Obama and the democrats just rammed through a healthcare plan that most of them didnt even read and have NO IDEA how much it will eventually cost...but how much do you want to bet THAT wont be considered for cuts? They have raised the debt ceiling to 15 trillion...and want to pretend that suddenly they are fiscally responsible? Heres the reality...they are going to spend and obligate money to social service programs to buy votes...then target cuts in other areas to pay for it.

Why do Liberaal hate our military...Why do they want to cut benefits earned from the men protecting us....Just another example:

TOM PHILPOTT | Debt Panel Told to Leave Military, Vet Benefits Alone » Kitsap Sun

Read more: TOM PHILPOTT | Debt Panel Told to Leave Military, Vet Benefits Alone » Kitsap Sun

Advocates for military retirees and veterans urged a bipartisan commission studying ways to end runaway budget deficits not to lump military-earned benefits in with other entitlements eyed for cost controls.

“There’s a fundamental difference between social insurance programs open to every American and military benefits earned by decades of service and sacrifice,” Steve Strobridge, director of government relations for the Military Officers Association of America, told the commission.

Carl Blake, legislative director for Paralyzed Veterans of America, conceded the country “faces a very harsh reality” of rapid federal spending growth that “appears unsustainable. And yet PVA is here today to emphasize why continued growth in federal spending for (veterans) is imperative.”

Not every witness was keen on maintaining the status quo for military retirees or veterans. Will Marshall, president of the Progressive Policy Institute, in his written statement said “no program should be exempted from new constraints of fiscal discipline, including defense.” He referred to Congressional Budget Office options that included higher “military health care premiums and deductibles” that would save $6 billion to $8 billion annually.

Just a question, anyone who favors a reduction in defense spending hates the military? IS that your premise?

There WILL be cuts. There SHOULD be cuts. Even with the VA and healthcare there should be overhauls and more efficient use of taxpayer dollars but not in cuts in service. The ironic part is that the government is spending money like a crackfiend does rocks in a state owned limo and NOW they want to pretend like they are 'responsible'? Obama and the democrats just rammed through a healthcare plan that most of them didnt even read and have NO IDEA how much it will eventually cost...but how much do you want to bet THAT wont be considered for cuts? They have raised the debt ceiling to 15 trillion...and want to pretend that suddenly they are fiscally responsible? Heres the reality...they are going to spend and obligate money to social service programs to buy votes...then target cuts in other areas to pay for it.

Easy for you to say.....They don't affect you.......

I don't know of another name for Conservatives like there is for Liberals.....Not sure how you put republican in the mix...........

Simple....you claim that many liberals are ashamed to post what they are. We both know that there are Republicans on this site that are embarassed to admit what they are. Same thing.

Just a question, anyone who favors a reduction in defense spending hates the military? IS that your premise?

Anyone who cuts hard earned promised benefits has disdain for our military........

Navy Pride said:
.........Free health care comes to mind if you make the military a career..........Clinton and his administration took it away...........
You keep perpetuating this myth even though you've been shown, numerous times, that it's a false claim.

...organizations representing military retirees have alluded to “broken promises.” Some individuals have claimed that these benefits include “free” health care for life, or more liberally, “free care for life in military health care facilities.”

Such contentions are not supported by a review of the legislative history of the statutory language related to military health care for retirees and dependents. These claims also have not been supported by authoritative written documentation.

http://www.law.umaryland.edu/marshall/crsreports/crsdocuments/98-1006_F.pdf

In general I oppose all unions especially the UAW........They have long since outlived their usefulness but this is another thread...........

And yet you said people should get what they are promised, but the UAW did not get that.

Easy for you to say.....They don't affect you.......

So you support cutting spending, but only when it does not affect you?

Why do you hate America so?

Back
Top Bottom