• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Liberals again show their hate and dedain for our military..

Its really a question of broken promises...When I joined the Navy I was told that if I made it a career I would have free benefits for life...That benefit was huge the first time I reenlisted because I realized what a good benefit it would be....I am not sure I would have reenlisted without it......As I said prior to 65 I paid the TRICARE premiums for me and my wife........When I turned 65 I picked up the MEDICARE premiums....I don't care how much they are they are not free and that is what we were promised..........

I go to a Naval Hospital and my doctor is a 4 stripper (a captain) Our care is good....The Navy takes care of its own....I have no complaint about that.........

Somebody promised you something and didn't deliver? Are you kidding me? Well **** in a toilet and call it flowers, life isn't fair. The rest of us adults have learned that. About time you did too. Take it up with the people who made such a ridiculous promise they knew they couldn't keep. Not people living in the 21st century.

@ Navy Pride --Broken promises I can understand and relate to. It's something we're all getting pretty used to dealing with...with many more to come, I'm afraid. I thank you most sincerely for your service. I hope this broken promise hasn't colored your life in a negative way.

Thank you...............I can live with it...........I make a good retirement but that is not the point..........Every time democrats get in office they try and stick it to the military in one way or another............

Its really a question of broken promises...When I joined the Navy I was told that if I made it a career I would have free benefits for life...That benefit was huge the first time I reenlisted because I realized what a good benefit it would be....I am not sure I would have reenlisted without it......

So you re-enlisted not out of a sense of patriotic duty, but because of what it would get you? Good to know.

That said, the United States of America has a history of giong back on its promises when it was convenient to do so. This isn't any different.

@ Tactical--That's a ridiculous observation. Why anyone would choose to insult a man the way you did who made a career out of the armed services is absolutely beyond me. Weighing the pros and cons of a military career (with all the inherent dangers) against a civilian career makes perfect sense.

Last edited:
I didn't actually insult him.

I simply drew attention to what he himself said.

He re-enlisted for the benefits.

How is that insulting?

I'm not playing games. Look at my post. Read what I said.

If you're bent on inserting your own thoughts into what I say, that's not my problem.

This isn't worth any more discussion. Our posts speak for themselves.

Why do Liberaal hate our military...Why do they want to cut benefits earned from the men protecting us....Just another example:

TOM PHILPOTT | Debt Panel Told to Leave Military, Vet Benefits Alone » Kitsap Sun

Read more: TOM PHILPOTT | Debt Panel Told to Leave Military, Vet Benefits Alone » Kitsap Sun

Advocates for military retirees and veterans urged a bipartisan commission studying ways to end runaway budget deficits not to lump military-earned benefits in with other entitlements eyed for cost controls.

“There’s a fundamental difference between social insurance programs open to every American and military benefits earned by decades of service and sacrifice,” Steve Strobridge, director of government relations for the Military Officers Association of America, told the commission.

Carl Blake, legislative director for Paralyzed Veterans of America, conceded the country “faces a very harsh reality” of rapid federal spending growth that “appears unsustainable. And yet PVA is here today to emphasize why continued growth in federal spending for (veterans) is imperative.”

Not every witness was keen on maintaining the status quo for military retirees or veterans. Will Marshall, president of the Progressive Policy Institute, in his written statement said “no program should be exempted from new constraints of fiscal discipline, including defense.” He referred to Congressional Budget Office options that included higher “military health care premiums and deductibles” that would save $6 billion to $8 billion annually.

If you care so much about military veterans then you obviously tax increases to pay for the government services due to them.

So you re-enlisted not out of a sense of patriotic duty, but because of what it would get you? Good to know.
That said, the United States of America has a history of giong back on its promises when it was convenient to do so. This isn't any different.

I guess I was as patriotic as the next guy but when I enlisted I had no clue if I were going to reenlist after my firts hitch or not.......There is no question that one of the important things that help me make my decision was the benefits awarded if you did.....

The only person patriotism I question is John Kerry your daddy.......

If you care so much about military veterans then you obviously tax increases to pay for the government services due to them.

Tax cuts generate revenue not tax increases..........JFK knew that.......

I didn't actually insult him.

I simply drew attention to what he himself said.

He re-enlisted for the benefits.

How is that insulting?

Clueless one, when I enlisted I was a 17 year old kid and the only beneffit I knew that the Navy had was seeing the world and they did not disappoint, On my first hitch I visited 40 different countries........

Clueless one, when I enlisted I was a 17 year old kid and the only beneffit I knew that the Navy had was seeing the world and they did not disappoint, On my first hitch I visited 40 different countries........

Hi ya Navy. I thank you for serving our country and applaud you for choosing the Navy. The cream of the crop.

I HIGHLY recommend the Navy to any person out there wanting to do good for themselves, their country and the world. It's an awesome adventure.

@ Tactical--That's a ridiculous observation. Why anyone would choose to insult a man the way you did who made a career out of the armed services is absolutely beyond me. Weighing the pros and cons of a military career (with all the inherent dangers) against a civilian career makes perfect sense.

This is NOT meant to say that this applies to Navy Pride (I don't know him from Adam), but I read military records all day long as part of my job. Plenty of people re-enlist for less than altruistic reasons. Many re-enlist because they have no other skills and, in the words of Richard Gere, have no place else to go.

Again, I'm just talking about your statement and not directing this to or at Navy Pride.

I'm trying to find in the article where it state that Liberals are trying to cut vet benefits. If anything, the article says the exact opposite. Moreover, it's not a single-party issue here, but rather a bipartisian commission that's at work trying to keep vet benefits intact.

When deficit hawks in Congress last year couldn’t get a bill approved to create by statute a commission to control federal deficits, President Obama created one under an executive order. In February its 18 members were named, including 12 members of Congress.

Erskine Bowles, former chief of staff to President Clinton and co-chair to the commission said this before the commission:

President Obama made it clear that no one should be surprised next year when he brings forward recommendations that have real budget cuts in them.

So, what we have here is nothing more than spin intended to further play on people's fear and create an air of anxiety among those who take a strong stance in support of our military. There's NOTHING in the article that indicates that the Obama Administration is trying to cut vet benefits...N-O-T-H-I-N-G. If anything, the commission is trying to preserve them!

Last edited:
Hi ya Navy. I thank you for serving our country and applaud you for choosing the Navy. The cream of the crop.

I HIGHLY recommend the Navy to any person out there wanting to do good for themselves, their country and the world. It's an awesome adventure.

Thanks CA, I totally enjoyed my Naval career and have no regrets....Take care my friend........

This is NOT meant to say that this applies to Navy Pride (I don't know him from Adam), but I read military records all day long as part of my job. Plenty of people re-enlist for less than altruistic reasons. Many re-enlist because they have no other skills and, in the words of Richard Gere, have no place else to go.

Again, I'm just talking about your statement and not directing this to or at Navy Pride.

I totally agree......I was not one of those people............

I'm trying to find in the article where it state that Liberals are trying to cut vet benefits. If anything, the article says the exact opposite. Moreover, it's not a single-party issue here, but rather a bipartisian commission that's at work trying to keep vet benefits intact.

Erskine Bowles, former chief of staff to President Clinton and co-chair to the commission said this before the commission:

So, what we have here is nothing more than spin intended to further play on people's fear and create an air of anxiety among those who take a strong stance in support of our military. There's NOTHING in the article that indicates that the Obama Administration is trying to cut vet benefits...N-O-T-H-I-N-G. If anything, the commission is trying to preserve them!

A lot of Liberals are ashamed to be addressed as such so they have changed their label to progressive now read what I high lighted, that might help...........

There is no question that one of the important things that help me make my decision was the benefits awarded if you did.....

Glad to see I was right, you made the decision based on what was in it for you.

The only person patriotism I question is John Kerry your daddy.......

:lol:

You need better writers. Seriously.

I was talking about your re-enlistment.

And you call me clueless... :lol:

Glad to see I was right, you made the decision based on what was in it for you.

:lol:

You need better writers. Seriously.

Do you have a reading comprehension to? What part of "one of the things"
do you not understand????

I was talking about your re-enlistment.

And you call me clueless... :lol:

You said enlist, in addition to not being able to read you can't speak either.........I am done with you rookie...........

Last edited:
You just fon't get it do you...........What part of a promise of FREE do you not understand?......I now pay close to $200. dollars a month for me and my wife for medicare..............

And freed slaves were promised 40 Acres and a Mule, but I don't see you supporting them for all the FREE service they gave to the nation.

Moderator's Warning:
Let's not talk about Navy Pride, let's talk about the topic please.

Back
Top Bottom