• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Liberalism Run Amok

I am less concern with transgender using whichever bathroom when dealing with adults. I am more concerned with the potential impact on young kids when a transgender uses whatever public bathroom they relate with.

imo, young kids should not have to be exposed to this.

A paranoid realist? :)

lol...just because someone is paranoid, that does not mean some perverted dude is not out there plotting right now on how best to take advantage of this new bathroom paradigm. Hell, YouTube has page after page of documentaries on sexual sadists.

13043412_1011588558889729_2754402898989504006_n.jpg

I don't agree with Curt, but I understand why he has his views. Not every issue, or really any at all is this 'black and white' issue where people should just completely agree or disagree, and if they don't it makes them ___ist.

The biggest issue I see from this though, is how a man expressed his opinion personally, and was fired from it. That's a problem. That's as big of a problem as any problem with discrimination today, because it's enabled political correctness to shift from societal pressure to a functional necessity to live in today's society. Companies shouldn't have that right to force their own political views onto other people no matter how right or wrong, and it's extremely dangerous that they currently do have that right and are doing it.

You can disagree with someone, you can even do so hatefully (which I don't personally agree with, but understand it as a right), but when you can essentially extort people or deny them basic rights by not selling them cakes for who they choose to marry, fire them for an insensitive comment they made on vacation that was videotaped, or not hire them at all because their gender status - it becomes a problem, that isn't nor never should be dignified by your religious or pseudo-political beliefs.

Exactly. If you're so insecure about your own sexuality that you care at all who is using the bathroom, you've got some serious issues that you need to have addressed.

How about children being exposed to such perversion in a public bathroom? Or do you want to inquire about their confidence in their own sexuality?

How about children being exposed to such perversion in a public bathroom? Or do you want to inquire about their confidence in their own sexuality?

Maybe we need to stop telling kids that perfectly natural, normal behavior is perversion. But then again, most kids aren't following in their parent's footsteps and a lot of these ridiculous views will die with the current generation.

Maybe we need to stop telling kids that perfectly natural, normal behavior is perversion. But then again, most kids aren't following in their parent's footsteps and a lot of these ridiculous views will die with the current generation.

That depends on what you consider as perfectly natural, normal behavior. I am 62 years of age and do not change my views on what is perfectly natural and normal behavior for the sake of modern political correctness. I do not see a man dressing up as a woman and walking into a woman's bathroom as normal or natural.

That depends on what you consider as perfectly natural, normal behavior. I am 62 years of age and do not change my views on what is perfectly natural and normal behavior for the sake of modern political correctness. I do not see a man dressing up as a woman and walking into a woman's bathroom as normal or natural.

When people had their minds poisoned by religious nonsense, I'm not surprised that they don't change their minds. They've bought into a load of crap, formed their entire self-image around it, and can't admit that it has no rational defense. That's where this nonsense comes from and why religion needs to go the way of the dodo. Luckily, it's doing just that.

When people had their minds poisoned by religious nonsense, I'm not surprised that they don't change their minds. They've bought into a load of crap, formed their entire self-image around it, and can't admit that it has no rational defense. That's where this nonsense comes from and why religion needs to go the way of the dodo. Luckily, it's doing just that.

You lose over half your audience when you trash religion as the majority of Americans still believe in God. However it's not about just religion...it's about science. Gender is something you are born with. It's not a choice. Dressing up as the opposite gender or altering your appearance surgically to look like the opposite gender does not make you the opposite gender.

You lose over half your audience when you trash religion as the majority of Americans still believe in God. However it's not about just religion...it's about science. Gender is something you are born with. It's not a choice. Dressing up as the opposite gender or altering your appearance surgically to look like the opposite gender does not make you the opposite gender.

I couldn't care less. When the majority of Americans were openly racist, I'd still argue against racism because it's idiotic, just like religion is. The truth doesn't care about popular delusion. But you are right, it is about science and as science learns more, we've figured out that gender isn't a strict binary and that what genitalia you have on the outside doesn't necessarily match what's going on in your brain. The idea that you automatically are what genitalia you have is a very outmoded concept.

I couldn't care less. When the majority of Americans were openly racist, I'd still argue against racism because it's idiotic, just like religion is. The truth doesn't care about popular delusion.

You are screeching about racism, while your take on religion is a form of bigotry.

But you are right, it is about science and as science learns more, we've figured out that gender isn't a strict binary and that what genitalia you have on the outside doesn't necessarily match what's going on in your brain. The idea that you automatically are what genitalia you have is a very outmoded concept.

I hate to be the one to break it to you, however in all but the rare inter-sex anomoly, if you are born with male genitals you are a male. If you born with female genitals, you are a female. And it's not based on genitals alone, it is about chromosomes. It is genetic. It's not a personal choice. You are either born male or female. if one at some point decides on adopting the gender identity of the opposite sex, he/she does not become the opposite sex. I am not pushing an outmoded concept, you are merely pushing political correctness based fantasy.

Last edited:
You are screeching about racism, while your take on religion is a form of bigotry.

Criticism is not bigotry. Rent a clue.

I hate to be the one to break it to you, however in all but the rare inter-sex anomoly, if you are born with male genitals you are a male. If you born with female genitals, you are a female. And it's not based on genitals alone, it is about chromosomes. It is genetic. It's not a personal choice. You are either born male or female. if one at some point decides on adopting the gender identity of the opposite sex, he/she does not become the opposite sex. I am not pushing an outmoded concept, you are merely pushing political correctness based fantasy.

Gender Identity is Biological, Study Says - ABC News

Back
Top Bottom