• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Liberalism is a Mental Disorder?

Wake

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
1) I would like to hear examples of liberals doing crazy things.

2) Then, I want to see some refutations.

3) Furthermore, don't reply with "conservatism is a mental disorder." You can make a thread on that elsewhere. You can do your part by refuting as well as you can any claims/examples that "liberalism is a mental disorder."

Alright, begin.

3) Furthermore, don't reply with "conservatism is a mental disorder." You can make a thread on that elsewhere. You can do your part by refuting as well as you can any claims/examples that "liberalism is a mental disorder."

Alright, begin.

Good thing you're not in charge here.

Alright, begin.

Man, I thought liberals were supposed to be the lazy people! You can't even be bothered to find something on freep or world net daily?

Man, I thought liberals were supposed to be the lazy people! You can't even be bothered to find something on freep or world net daily?

Lazy? No. I know of some instances, such as being told on one of the liberal media outlets to "save the planet by not having children."

Frankly, I'm not seasoned in debate. My pool of knowledge is medical/nursing. I am, however, wanting to refine my debate skills.

Alright, begin.

Austrlians, as a country, are by and large to the "left" of America - to the point where most Americans whould consider us "liberal" as a country (only DON'T come here accusing us of that - Liberal has the opposite meaning here) So, are you saying that most Australians are mentally disordered?

Austrlians, as a country, are by and large to the "left" of America - to the point where most Americans whould consider us "liberal" as a country (only DON'T come here accusing us of that - Liberal has the opposite meaning here) So, are you saying that most Australians are mentally disordered?

First off I do not believe people are actually crazy. I do believe their actions are "out there", though.

I don't have background knowledge of the bolded areas.

I am, however, wanting to refine my debate skills.

If I might offer some advice, you should begin by ditching the "liberals versus conservatives" paradigm and consider where you stand on individual issues. Formulate your arguments; write them down. Then, attack them as if you believed the absolute opposite of everything you've written down. You learn more about debate by arguing against your positions than you do in arguing for them.

If I might offer some advice, you should begin by ditching the "liberals versus conservatives" paradigm and consider where you stand on individual issues. Formulate your arguments; write them down. Then, attack them as if you believed the absolute opposite of everything you've written down. You learn more about debate by arguing against your positions than you do in arguing for them.

Exactly. Thank you. I am hoping to be refuted a lot from all sides here as well to know all of the complexities of the issues.

Alright, begin.

If you want some tips on debates, here are two:

1) Get away from the liberal vs. conservative thing. Few people are entirely one or the other, the definitions of each vary between who you ask, and anything that applies to one can apply to the other. Discussing things in black/white contexts like this rarely if ever creates debate.

2) When you start a debate, off your OWN opinions and positions. This is a good way to both get the conversation going and for folks to know where you stand.

Liberalism (or conservatism) will be a disease when you can call in sick from work with it. " I'm sorry I won't be in today, I'm having a nasty dose of conservatism. I was nearly fascist last evening, but I might feel better tomorrow!"

"How can I help seeing what is in front of my eyes? Two and two are four."
"Sometimes, Winston. Sometimes they are five. Sometimes they are three. Sometimes they are all of them at once. You must try harder. It is not easy to become sane."

--George Orwell, 1984

The "mental disorder" conservatives associate with liberalism is called thinking.

Alright, begin.

I would say the amount of extreme right wing partisan hacks, far outweigh the amount of left Wing partisan hacks at DP.

You have just admitted yourself to the right wing hack club of DP.

Congratulations.

I would say the amount of extreme right wing partisan hacks, far outweigh the amount of left Wing partisan hacks at DP.

Congratulations.

I think they are pretty balanced, however the left wing hacks are in full force right now after the 2010 elections.

Congratulations.

well you lean to the left and thus leftwing loons don't seem as extreme to you

The "mental disorder" conservatives associate with liberalism is called thinking.

actually liberalism tends to be feeling while the conservative position is mostly thinking (save for the bible thumpers when it comes to gay marriage and abortion)

Anyone have examples of liberal extremism? Mine would be the issue of, iirc, 5-year-olds being taught how to masturbate. If this can be refuted then please do so.

Anyone have examples of liberal extremism? Mine would be the issue of, iirc, 5-year-olds being taught how to masturbate. If this can be refuted then please do so.

I have video of liberals not teaching a kid how to masturbate

HOOOOOOOOO was this?

actually liberalism tends to be feeling while the conservative position is mostly thinking (save for the bible thumpers when it comes to gay marriage and abortion)

This is a misnomer expoused by the extreme right.

Prove this. Links are necessary.

So a UN report suggesting teaching kids about masturbation = liberals teaching kids how to masturbate?

dammit and here I was thinking there were soon to be kindergarten circle jerks going on in our schools.

Last edited:
That's why I stated "iirc" before. Still, even suggesting it is a little extreme imo; like teaching them how to put on condoms at such a young age.

Back
Top Bottom