• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Liberal steals the New York Times

For the last 5 years I have been going to my local Starbucks in the morning and have noticed that everyday there is a liberal (lets call him "Pat") that gets a tall coffee, and a half cup of free cream. Pat then slinks over to the news stand and sneaks a copy of the New York Times, reads it cover to cover and puts it back on the rack. Pat drives a high end German car and certainly could afford to buy the NYT. I would estimate that Pat has stolen $4500 dollars worth of NYT over the these years. Now, I have thought about approaching Pat at the pay counter and offering to pay for his NYT for him, or otherwise confront him, but, I suspect that the conversation would go something like this:

Me: Why do sneak around and read the New York Times every morning without paying for it?
Pat: Well, I am not stealing it! (He proclaims indignantly) I always put it back on the rack!
Me: So, you would only be "stealing it", if you actually took it home and used it to wipe your arse with it?
...the conversation would only go downhill from there...

Is this a common phenomenon at your local coffee shop? I never see a conservative (or otherwise) steal the WSJ. I have witnessed a moderate in our otherwise conservative coffee group read the local paper without paying for it, until she got her own subscription. I read my subscription to the WSJ every morning. If it does not show up at my doorstep (that happens about once a month), I pay $3.50 for it at Starbucks! Which is, needless to say, quite annoying.

Has anyone witnessed a conservative stealing the WSJ? I have not.

Is it OK to read a newspaper off of the sale rack and put it back? I know that I will not buy a newspaper that has already been read. My Dad would never read a newspaper or book that had "eyeprints" on it.

Does this scofflaw wears boxers or briefs? If you don't know, I'll be most disappointed. :lol:

For the last 5 years I have been going to my local Starbucks in the morning and have noticed that everyday there is a liberal (lets call him "Pat") that gets a tall coffee, and a half cup of free cream. Pat then slinks over to the news stand and sneaks a copy of the New York Times, reads it cover to cover and puts it back on the rack. Pat drives a high end German car and certainly could afford to buy the NYT. I would estimate that Pat has stolen $4500 dollars worth of NYT over the these years. Now, I have thought about approaching Pat at the pay counter and offering to pay for his NYT for him, or otherwise confront him, but, I suspect that the conversation would go something like this:

Me: Why do sneak around and read the New York Times every morning without paying for it?
Pat: Well, I am not stealing it! (He proclaims indignantly) I always put it back on the rack!
Me: So, you would only be "stealing it", if you actually took it home and used it to wipe your arse with it?
...the conversation would only go downhill from there...

Is this a common phenomenon at your local coffee shop? I never see a conservative (or otherwise) steal the WSJ. I have witnessed a moderate in our otherwise conservative coffee group read the local paper without paying for it, until she got her own subscription. I read my subscription to the WSJ every morning. If it does not show up at my doorstep (that happens about once a month), I pay $3.50 for it at Starbucks! Which is, needless to say, quite annoying.

Has anyone witnessed a conservative stealing the WSJ? I have not.

Is it OK to read a newspaper off of the sale rack and put it back? I know that I will not buy a newspaper that has already been read. My Dad would never read a newspaper or book that had "eyeprints" on it.

I've never been to a coffee shop that did not have a rack of free papers to read and put back. Maybe he just thinks that is how it works at your Starbucks.

I believe it proves that RenoCon allows his ideological hackery to make him believe that he can tell what ideology someone is must by looking at them. Hey! Let me try that.

Since the guy in question drives a "high end German car"... and we know that conservatives tend to be richer than liberals... AND the fact that he keeps doing it... and we know that conservatives don't learn from their mistakes... he MUST be a conservative.

Gee... now when I read that back, it sounds about as stupid as the OP's suggestion that the guy is a liberal.

I thought only liberals went to Starbucks, Maybe RC is more of a Lefty than he leads on. :)

Back
Top Bottom