• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Liberal Intolerance on the Rise on Campus[W:79]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Liberal Intolerance on the Rise on Campus

There is a difference in being "self-righteous" and being RIGHT. Anyone who does not think it was right to oppose the Vietnam war is in denial. It is a stain on our country like no other in modern times. 60,000 American dead is a huge mistake.

Now there's hard evidence of liberal intolerance on campus. UCLA provides the evidence.

Liberal intolerance is on the rise on college campuses

Okay, maybe conservatives are right to freak out about illiberal lefty militancy on college campuses.
Today’s students are indeed both more left wing and more openly hostile to free speech than earlier generations of collegians.
Don’t believe me? There are hard data to prove it.
For 50 years, researchers have surveyed incoming college freshmen about everything from their majors to their worldviews. On Thursday, the Higher Education Research Institute at the University of California at Los Angeles released the latest iteration of this survey, which included 141,189 full-time, first-year students attending about 200 public and private baccalaureate institutions around the country.
According to the findings, the current crop of freshmen can lay claim to multiple superlatives. Among them: most willing to shut down speech they find offensive. . . .

Wow, that stupid chick from Yale needs to be kicked out of school... swearing at the Dean of the School like that, shouting him down?

She should be ashamed of herself too but I am sure she fancy's herself a hero. Pathetic.

Yawn? Dude, did yo usee the video of the chick screaming at the Dean of Yale over the Halloween costume Email?

That is a right wing lie. The only people I know who spit on Vietnam vets were the Swiftboaters and the lies they told about Kerry were despicable. If we saved even one life from being being thrown away on a immoral and useless war it was worth it. So no we were not going to let them recruit for that horrible war under our nose without objection.

The only people that have ever shouted me down during a discussion have been Liberals...

The only people that have ever shouted me down during a discussion have been Liberals...

Hell, just try to have an honest discussion about race in this forum and watch the PC crowd come out in force to call whoever says anything outside of their prescribed narrative a racist.

Hell, just try to have an honest discussion about race in this forum and watch the PC crowd come out in force to call whoever says anything outside of their prescribed narrative a racist.

My daughter is 10 years old and last week some kid in her class said something about an Asian guy... her teacher told the kid to be careful and not say racist things. My 10 year-old, bless her heart, contradicted the teacher and said that what the other kid said was not racist because all the kid did was describe an action by the Asian guy and that racism is when you think one race is not as good as another race simply because of the color of their skin. :lol:

Liberal Idiot Teacher = OWNED by a 10 year-old.

My kids come home and tell me all sorts of stupid things their teachers say and at an early age they realize that their teachers are not infallible like so many kids.

Yawn? Dude, did yo usee the video of the chick screaming at the Dean of Yale over the Halloween costume Email?

I never really got into that dialogue, but if a Dean of Yale was getting yelled at by a minority student, odds are the student is correct.

Do you have a link to the video though?

I never really got into that dialogue, but if a Dean of Yale was getting yelled at by a minority student, odds are the student is correct.

Do you have a link to the video though?

This is the Email that angered the students into yelling and attempting to get the teachers removed from campus:

https://www.thefire.org/email-from-...-college-yale-students-on-halloween-costumes/

Is anything that objectionable?

there is a link on that page provided in the OP.

That's nice. I once had some asshole scream at me in a bar because I said I'd never forgive John McCain for introducing Sarah Palin to the national political scene. See, personal anecdotes are fun.

That's nice. I once had some asshole scream at me in a bar because I said I'd never forgive John McCain for introducing Sarah Palin to the national political scene. See, personal anecdotes are fun.

I haven't forgiven him either.

I never forgave him either, I am glad her mouth is slowly being shut

I never forgave him either, I am glad her mouth is slowly being shut

I loved how she endorsed Trump and he lost Alaska. Freaking perfect.

I loved how she endorsed Trump and he lost Alaska. Freaking perfect.

Lol I wasnt aware of that. To be honest the media did brutalize her when McCain choose her and I believe the media stepped over the line attacking her family. It was McCains fault she was absolutely not prepared to take on the media being a candidate nor was she even close to being qualified for VP. I could understand her vindictiveness towards the media.

Lol I wasnt aware of that. To be honest the media did brutalize her when McCain choose her and I believe the media stepped over the line attacking her family. It was McCains fault she was absolutely not prepared to take on the media being a candidate nor was she even close to being qualified for VP. I could understand her vindictiveness towards the media.

She kind of brought in on herself by parading her clan on the stage while playing the family values card. If you do that, you should not be surprised when the disastrous results of your "values" get called onto the carpet.

As for qualified...oh, man. She was absolutely vacuous. She also had that mean streak.

"We believe that the best of America is in these small towns that we get to visit, and in these wonderful little pockets of what I call the real America, being here with all of you hardworking, very patriotic, um, very, um, pro-America areas of this great nation."
The 11 Dumbest Things Sarah Palin Has Said So Far | Alternet

She kind of brought in on herself by parading her clan on the stage while playing the family values card. If you do that, you should not be surprised when the disastrous results of your "values" get called onto the carpet.

As for qualified...oh, man. She was absolutely vacuous. She also had that mean streak.

I like your nickname btw :)

Sounds like a Liberal. Thanks for backing me up.

Sounds like a Liberal. Thanks for backing me up.

Yeah, this guy's a real liberal. :roll: Which is why he sits around all the time whining about, and I quote, "niggers on welfare" and constantly rips the Democrats.

For the record, this guy is not a friend. He's pretty much an awful person all around.

Yeah, this guy's a real liberal. :roll: Which is why he sits around all the time whining about, and I quote, "niggers on welfare" and constantly rips the Democrats.

For the record, this guy is not a friend. He's pretty much an awful person all around.

So you sit around a guy all the time in a bar that is constantly whining about niggers but he is not your friend?

So you sit around a guy all the time in a bar that is constantly whining about niggers but he is not your friend?

When did I say I "sit around him all the time"?

When did I say I "sit around him all the time"?

You said that he sits around all the time whining... what are you doing then while he sits around all the time whining then? You are a bartender?

You said that he sits around all the time whining... what are you doing then while he sits around all the time whining then? You are a bartender?

Jeebus, take every word 100 percent literally, why don't we.

He hangs out at the bar I hang out at, we have mutual friends. I know him well enough to know he ain't no liberal.

Jeebus, take every word 100 percent literally, why don't we.

He hangs out at the bar I hang out at, we have mutual friends. I know him well enough to know he ain't no liberal.

You have a mutual friend that talks about niggers with this guy... and then talks to you about how he talks about niggers with this guy?

You have a mutual friend that talks about niggers with this guy... and then talks to you about how he talks about niggers with this guy?

Oh for crying out loud. If you have a point, make it, otherwise, stop bothering me.

Oh for crying out loud. If you have a point, make it, otherwise, stop bothering me.

Just trying to ascertain how reliable your source is but he sounds like a psychotic racist making your counter-point kinda silly...

Just trying to ascertain how reliable your source is but he sounds like a psychotic racist making your counter-point kinda silly...

Your anecdotal point was that only liberals shout people down. I offered a non-liberal person shouting me down (also anecdotally). That's all. And yeah, he is a psychotic racist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom