• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Liberal 'dark money' groups outspent conservative ones in 2018 elections

American

Trump Grump Whisperer
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/li...-outspent-conservative-ones-in-2018-elections

Liberal groups outspent conservative ones in so-called “dark money” during the 2018 midterm election, for the first time since 2010.

A report from Issue One, a bipartisan advocacy group, shows that liberal groups spent over half of the $150 million of dark money in the latest election. Conservative groups spend a third of the figure, while nonpartisan groups spent just 15 percent.

Issue One CEO Nick Penniman said that the data showed that the problem of political groups that can spend unlimited money without disclosing their donors is a bipartisan problem.
Uhhh, I thought Democrats were for getting money out of politics. :3oops:

I'm sure you lot would love it if the Dems kept falling on their swords. Enough of that. You fight dirty every single time. You deserve every last bit you get from now on. And since you always fight dirty, you don't have standing to whine about it.

:shrug:

This is why campaign finance reform is the single best way to improve politics.

The amount of money in politics is just wrong and while both sides may participate in this legalized corruption, no one appears to be more in the name of “pro-business” more destructive to the lives of their citizens then Republicans, the American approach to healthcare is just one example of how.

If you have a problem with it maybe you should support campaign finance reform. Why should the Democrats handicap themselves?

So they don't really believe in their principles.

I'm sure you lot would love it if the Dems kept falling on their swords. Enough of that. You fight dirty every single time. You deserve every last bit you get from now on. And since you always fight dirty, you don't have standing to whine about it.

I think I do have standing. Conservatives generally don't sign up for getting money out of politics; and it's really quite silly, since it isn't really possible. We consider it free speech.

They do believe in it, but why should they handicap their own abilities when the Republicans wont follow the same rules.

They do believe in it, but why should they handicap their own abilities when the Republicans wont follow the same rules.

Standing up for what's right?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/li...-outspent-conservative-ones-in-2018-elections

LOL!!!

That was a good one. I mean, SOME are. Some Republicans are in favor of it also. But the real power players like things just the way they are, despite the rhetoric.

If we want a Constitutional Amendment to get money out of politics I am afraid the states are going to have to make it happen. Congress won’t.

You can show where democrats have advocated for not using all the legal tools at their disposal for elections?

And why is it so many people have a hard time arguing politics beyond "the other guys are bad"?

I think I do have standing. Conservatives generally don't sign up for getting money out of politics; and it's really quite silly, since it isn't really possible. We consider it free speech.

No one has suggested getting all money out of politics. Why do you insist on building straw men?

No one has suggested getting all money out of politics. Why do you insist on building straw men?

I didn't say all money.

This line of idiocy again, you guys just keep whipping out the same dumb talking points. Dems can't get money out of politics if they don't win election because republicans are taking dirty money. Nothing hypocritical here. In fact, one of the first things House dems want to tackle is campaign finance reform. You know the republicans will likely have none of that. Dirtly money and dirty tricks is how they win

All americans should want to get rid of dark money and stop allowing corporations and special interests to buy the politicians, so they represent the people and not only those with money, like we have today in this country. Where the government gave billionaires and millionaires all the tax breaks while giving crumbs to the people who actually need it. That's what money bought them, politicans that give them more.

I kind of don't want Dems to be the assholes that republicans have been when they have been in power, because I don't want them to stink to their pathetic level. But then again, I want them to stick it to republicans and their voters who cheered on a stealing of a SCOTUS pick, blocking and not even allowing votes to proceed, and all the other dirty **** republicans have pulled and do when they are in power.

So I'm conflicted

Believing in principles means doing what you consider right, even if others are doing something different. You cant have it both ways.

I don’t take issue with Democrats taking more dark money than Republicans. I have an issue with Democrats taking more money then speaking out their ass about how evil it is for Republicans to take money. More Democrats pushing do as I say not as I do bull****

We should just all ignore this person, clearly trolling if this is the dumb stupid one liner you respond with. But I think most of us know this already, not hard to spot people who make dumb troll posts

You can show where democrats have advocated for not using all the legal tools at their disposal for elections?

And why is it so many people have a hard time arguing politics beyond "the other guys are bad"?
Because they are either trolls or complete morons. You listen to Fox news telling you nothing but to hate the other side for long enough, you might as well if you didn't have the brain power to avoid the BS to begin with

Believing in principles means doing what you consider right, even if others are doing something different. You cant have it both ways.

I don’t take issue with Democrats taking more dark money than Republicans. I have an issue with Democrats taking more money then speaking out their ass about how evil it is for Republicans to take money. More Democrats pushing do as I say not as I do bull****

Dems do not take any dark money

Dems do not take any dark money

The nonpartisan organization Issue One disagrees with statement. Do you have anything to disprove their claim or simply just throwing out one liners that are not accurate according to Issue One.

Without winning elections they cannot affect change. They are working within the system to make changes.

They are milking the system for all it’s worth while chastising others for doing what they do

Back
Top Bottom