• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Liberal chickens come home to roost

Poor Joey B.

In case you missed it, Iowa Gov. Kim Reynolds will be delivering the GOP response to Joe Biden’s State of the Union address Tuesday night. Also on deck to deliver a response is squad member Rep. Rashida Tlaib. Hers will be a formal response on behalf of the left-wing Working Families Party, ( KLATTU: AKA the COMMUNIST PARTY)so pop some popcorn for that one. The theory is that she’ll hammer moderate Democrats who’ve stood in the way of “moderate” Joe Biden’s legislative priorities.

Now we’re learning that another Democrat will be delivering a response to the State of the Union. Democrat Rep. Colin Allred is on deck to deliver a response on behalf of the Congressional Black Caucus.
LAFFRIOT!
Enjoying their last 10 months in charge while showing Americans why they shouldn't be.
#FAR LEFT
Absolutely nothing good will come of Tlaib’s rebuttal. Nothing good for the Dems, that is.

Absolutely nothing good will come of Tlaib’s rebuttal. Nothing good for the Dems, that is.
Agreed. The far left is as authoritarian as the far right. Sadly, both ends seem to be calling the shots. We here in the middle are all alone. Not that that's a bad thing.

Agreed. The far left is as authoritarian as the far right. Sadly, both ends seem to be calling the shots. We here in the middle are all alone. Not that that's a bad thing.
“Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right …” 😄

EDIT: to quote the right person.

Hold on. I think we need to define "authoritarian." My understanding was never that it simply meant using government force to work some kind of policy change you desire, and that it was basically just Totalitarian Lite.
authoritarianism, principle of blind submission to authority, as opposed to individual freedom of thought and action. In government, authoritarianism denotes any political system that concentrates power in the hands of a leader or a small elite that is not constitutionally responsible to the body of the people. Authoritarian leaders often exercise power arbitrarily and without regard to existing bodies of law, and they usually cannot be replaced by citizens choosing freely among various competitors in elections. The freedom to create opposition political parties or other alternative political groupings with which to compete for power with the ruling group is either limited or nonexistent in authoritarian regimes.
Authoritarianism thus stands in fundamental contrast to democracy. It also differs from totalitarianism, however, since authoritarian governments usually have no highly developed guiding ideology, tolerate some pluralism in social organization, lack the power to mobilize the entire population in pursuit of national goals, and exercise power within relatively predictable limits. Examples of authoritarian regimes, according to some scholars, include the pro-Western military dictatorships that existed in Latin America and elsewhere in the second half of the 20th century.

The fringes have some pretty nutty ideas, but I don't think they really fit that particular bill.

Last edited:
Crayons I say. Crayons.

Hold on. I think we need to define "authoritarian." My understanding was never that it simply meant using government force to work some kind of policy change you desire, and that it was basically just Totalitarian Lite.

authoritarianism, principle of blind submission to authority, as opposed to individual freedom of thought and action. In government, authoritarianism denotes any political system that concentrates power in the hands of a leader or a small elite that is not constitutionally responsible to the body of the people. Authoritarian leaders often exercise power arbitrarily and without regard to existing bodies of law, and they usually cannot be replaced by citizens choosing freely among various competitors in elections. The freedom to create opposition political parties or other alternative political groupings with which to compete for power with the ruling group is either limited or nonexistent in authoritarian regimes.
Authoritarianism thus stands in fundamental contrast to democracy. It also differs from totalitarianism, however, since authoritarian governments usually have no highly developed guiding ideology, tolerate some pluralism in social organization, lack the power to mobilize the entire population in pursuit of national goals, and exercise power within relatively predictable limits. Examples of authoritarian regimes, according to some scholars, include the pro-Western military dictatorships that existed in Latin America and elsewhere in the second half of the 20th century.

The fringes have some pretty nutty ideas, but I don't think they really fit that particular bill.
You lost me.

Two things come to mind. First, is Will Rogers old saying, "I don't belong to an organized political party. I'm a democrat." The other that democrats are more diverse in their beliefs. Think of it. We actually had a party platform, unlike the republicans, whose platform was literally whatever Donald wants. But an alternative State of the Union address is a bad idea. Two is worse.

Enjoying their last 10 months in charge while showing Americans why they shouldn't be.
#FAR LEFT

Yes, the Republican Traitor Party responsible for Jan 6 should be in charge instead.

LOL. You people are ****ing crazy.

EDIT: to quote the right person.

I'm not so sure about that, but I was speaking colloquially. Basically, both extremes hold uncompromising worldviews. My way or the highway. Authoritarian in nature, if not specifically politically.

Back
Top Bottom