• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Liberal billionaire apologizes for funding 'false flag' effort to link Kremlin to GOP in Al. Race

Grokmaster

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
No one's going to PRISON for this? No WITCH HUNT??

Of course not...it's the Crime-o-crats....

Liberal billionaire apologizes for funding 'false flag' effort to link Kremlin to Republican in Alabama Senate race

Liberal Silicon Valley billionaire Reid Hoffman issued an apology on Wednesday for funding a group that falsely tried to give an impression the Russian government was supporting Alabama Republican Roy Moore in last year’s Senate election against now-Sen. Doug Jones.

Hoffman, the co-founder of LinkedIn, is one of Silicon Valley’s top donors to the Democratic campaigns and PACs. In the last election cycle he donated $7 million to Democratic groups, though his money also pours into non-traditional groups that aren’t mandated to report their funding and often operate in the shadows.

One such groups is American Engagement Technologies (AET), a firm run by former Obama appointee Mikey Dickerson, which received $750,000 from Hoffman and was part of the effort to falsely portray the Republican’s senate bid as being supported by the Kremlin.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/li...8-BN2Rm0YMzAp-3ijgMgYwEbWUDGlLVzG6U5NNw0CXKIE

U got nothing better than Faux Newz?

Another Grockbage misleading partisan disinformation thread.

Reid Hoffman apologizes for unknowingly backing Alabama disinformation campaign
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cn...ngly-backing-alabama-disinformation-campaign/

"I find the tactics that have been recently reported highly disturbing," Hoffman wrote. "For that reason, I am embarrassed by my failure to track AET -- the organization I did support --  more diligently as it made its own decisions to perhaps fund projects that I would reject."

Does this mean Trump supporters will now become concerned about Russia's pro-Trump efforts?

Liberal billionaire apologizes for funding 'false flag' effort to link Kremlin to Republican in Alabama Senate race

Liberal Silicon Valley billionaire Reid Hoffman issued an apology on Wednesday for funding a group that falsely tried to give an impression the Russian government was supporting Alabama Republican Roy Moore in last year’s Senate election against now-Sen. Doug Jones.

Hoffman, the co-founder of LinkedIn, is one of Silicon Valley’s top donors to the Democratic campaigns and PACs. In the last election cycle he donated $7 million to Democratic groups, though his money also pours into non-traditional groups that aren’t mandated to report their funding and often operate in the shadows.

One such groups is American Engagement Technologies (AET), a firm run by former Obama appointee Mikey Dickerson, which received $750,000 from Hoffman and was part of the effort to falsely portray the Republican’s senate bid as being supported by the Kremlin.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/li...8-BN2Rm0YMzAp-3ijgMgYwEbWUDGlLVzG6U5NNw0CXKIE
The conservative activist supreme court told us this is simply free speech. There are numerous conspiracies regularly funded by billionaires and not apologised for. They've been run against all politicians. The Clinton's have been dogged by it for so long that people immediately believe things like pizzagate or w/e negative report there is about them.

I dislike this too. We have to overturn the decisions like citizens United and we have to stop subsidizing the creation and protection of billionaires. They are not good for our country. They are antithetical to supporting a strong middle class that is necessary in a consumer capitalist economy.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

The part of this story that is a little hard to fathom is that Roy Moore was politically toxic without being linked to Russia via false flag. We know who voted for Jones in Alabama (African-American voters) and we know who voted against Roy Moore in Alabama (female voters across racial lines). So was somebody with at least enough ability to become a legitimate billionaire so obtuse that he thought he would affect that election by attaching some sort of Russian engagement to Moore?

Here is the text from the linked article:
"One such groups is American Engagement Technologies (AET), a firm run by former Obama appointee Mikey Dickerson, which received $750,000 from Hoffman and was part of the effort to falsely portray the Republican’s senate bid as being supported by the Kremlin."

Oh OK...so said billionaire apparently apologized that one of the groups he had provided some funding to tried to false flag Moore to Russians.

You know what. If i was advising said billionaire, I would have advised him against making that public apology unless he could link his funding to that group exactly to their activities to false flag the Moore campaign. If Hoffman already covered that base, more power to him. However I still likely would have thought twice about a public apology. But then, I have not seen the apology and the linked piece did not quote Hoffman. Par for the course for a non-story story.

No one's going to PRISON for this? No WITCH HUNT?? Of course not...it's the Crime-o-crats.... Liberal billionaire apologizes for funding 'false flag' effort to link Kremlin to Republican in Alabama Senate race. Liberal Silicon Valley billionaire Reid Hoffman issued an apology on Wednesday for funding a group that falsely tried to give an impression the Russian government was supporting Alabama Republican Roy Moore in last year’s Senate election against now-Sen. Doug Jones. Hoffman, the co-founder of LinkedIn, is one of Silicon Valley’s top donors to the Democratic campaigns and PACs. In the last election cycle he donated $7 million to Democratic groups, though his money also pours into non-traditional groups that aren’t mandated to report their funding and often operate in the shadows. One such groups is American Engagement Technologies (AET), a firm run by former Obama appointee Mikey Dickerson, which received $750,000 from Hoffman and was part of the effort to falsely portray the Republican’s senate bid as being supported by the Kremlin. https://www.foxnews.com/politics/li...8-BN2Rm0YMzAp-3ijgMgYwEbWUDGlLVzG6U5NNw0CXKIE

Let's review, highly edited snippets from a biased 'report'. Crucial details omitted in a lame attempt to influence low information citizens... intense focus on political affiliation of those involved....

So it looks like the false flag operation was in here.... :roll:

It seems that FC picked it up from WaPo, so I followed the links and came up with this

in Hoffman's own words (snip)
Let me be absolutely clear: I do not. I categorically disavow the use of misinformation to sway an election. In fact, I have deliberately funded multiple organizations trying to re-establish civic, truth-focused discourse in the US. I would not have knowingly funded a project planning to use such tactics, and would have refused to invest in any organization that I knew might conduct such a project.

Nevertheless, I do have an apology to make and have learned a lesson here.
https://medium.com/@reidhoffman/truth-and-politics-1a532bc6c2b1

Let's review, highly edited snippets from a biased 'report'. Crucial details omitted in a lame attempt to influence low information citizens... intense focus on political affiliation of those involved....

So it looks like the false flag operation was in here.... :roll:

This is what is so disturbing these days, the constant half truth gossip. It isn't coming from just one side. We should demand it to stop.

Yes, the public perception is manipulated at every turn. Both parties do it, the government does it, FB does it. Looks like the tinfoil hat guys were quite right.

Does this mean Trump supporters will now become concerned about Russia's pro-Trump efforts?

What "pro-Trump efforts"? Some FB posts...some of which supported Clinton and Sanders, as well?

Does this mean leftists will now become concerned about Brennan sending Misfud to plant the LIE Clinton hanger-on Downey "harvested" from Papadopolous, the Hillary Campaign's buddies at Fusion GPS setting up the Trump Tower meeting to frame Trump, Jr., after the Obama Adm. DOJ allowed Kremlin-linked Veselnitskaya into the country, and the Hillary Campaign spending $millions through Perkins-Coies to pay a foreign agents to buy DIRT from his Kremlin-linked buddies to influence the election?

There's no evidence, as far as I can tell, that Hoffman knew what was up. However, the notion that AET designed, as they call it, an "experiment" to try to understand Russian tactics better seems fishy to me. They claim to have set up a single FB page that had fairly few views. But they have to know that this would affect the election, even if it swayed only a few votes. So...totally not kosher. They should be investigated, and if these claims really are true, there ought to be consequences. I suspect that what they did probably is not illegal, but it ought to be, and there ought to be severe penalties.

On the other hand, perhaps conservatives with any investment in this election feeling outrage over this story ought to consider how liberals feel that the same tactics were used--on much larger scale--to influence the 2016 Presidential election.

There's no evidence, as far as I can tell, that Hoffman knew what was up. However, the notion that AET designed, as they call it, an "experiment" to try to understand Russian tactics better seems fishy to me. They claim to have set up a single FB page that had fairly few views. But they have to know that this would affect the election, even if it swayed only a few votes. So...totally not kosher. They should be investigated, and if these claims really are true, there ought to be consequences. I suspect that what they did probably is not illegal, but it ought to be, and there ought to be severe penalties.

On the other hand, perhaps conservatives with any investment in this election feeling outrage over this story ought to consider how liberals feel that the same tactics were used--on much larger scale--to influence the 2016 Presidential election.
What tactics were used by conservatives in the 2016 election LIKE THIS?

The only people crying "The Russians!! The Russians" are the ONLY PEOPLE WE KNOW PAID THEM TO INTERFERE IN THE ELECTION....

What tactics were used by conservatives in the 2016 election LIKE THIS?

Heck if I know. Why do you ask?

The only people crying "The Russians!! The Russians" are the ONLY PEOPLE WE KNOW PAID THEM TO INTERFERE IN THE ELECTION....

Hmmmm....if memory serves, our intelligence agencies unanimously found that Russia engaged in a massive campaign to influence the 2016 election. Are you saying those intelligence agencies paid the Russians to do so? What evidence do you have of such a claim?

Back
Top Bottom