• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Liberal Anger Is FINALLY back!

Squawker said:
The thing that bothers me about the type of rhetoric Durbin and other Democrats/Liberals are using is the danger they put our troops in. Durbin should know better when our troops are fighting a war than to compare them to Nazis. He should lose his position if not his job IMO. Al Jeezera is broadcasting this all over the Middle East. Do you think they may exaggerate the truth a bit? Then people will say, "How come the world hates us?" "How come our troops are still getting killed?" :doh Get a friggin clue.

again..... Durbin NEVER called our troops nazis or compared them to him. He said if you look act the ACTS that were commited. They would look like that.

I Mean are you FOR torture and mistreatment of prisoners?

And im sick of all this "lets do it for the troops" Attitude. Not all of us agree with the troops being over there in the first place... And I am almost certain a large percentage of Republicans would be Anti war if a democratic president took us over there, all for the sake of "hurray for my party" i hope we win. Have undying loyalty to your favoirte sports team not your political party.

Squawker said:
Champ posted.
Durbin made a statement against our troops in a time of war on the floor of the US Senate. I have never kept anyone here from expressing their opinion unless they violated the rules of the site.

He never made a statement against the troops he made a statement against acts. Yes those acts were performed by US troops, but They are not infallable. Torture is not acceptable. end of story. If Durbin was a republican you wouldn't be saying ****.

Mr. Durbin said, "If I read this to you and did not tell you that it was an FBI agent describing what Americans had done to prisoners in their control, you would most certainly believe this must have been done by Nazis, Soviets in their gulags, or some mad regime -- Pol Pot or others -- that had no concern for human beings. Sadly, that is not the case. This was the action of Americans in the treatment of their prisoners."

Bigbird said:
again..... Durbin NEVER called our troops nazis or compared them to him. He said if you look act the ACTS that were commited. They would look like that.

I Mean are you FOR torture and mistreatment of prisoners?

And im sick of all this "lets do it for the troops" Attitude. Not all of us agree with the troops being over there in the first place... And I am almost certain a large percentage of Republicans would be Anti war if a democratic president took us over there, all for the sake of "hurray for my party" i hope we win. Have undying loyalty to your favoirte sports team not your political party.

I'm sick & tired of the Bush lied & people died propaganda. It has never even occurred to you liberals to blame the perpetrators of terror (beheadings, roadside bombings, blowing up bus stations or Iraqi police stations, 9/11, etc.). Even after 9/11 we had to listen to people claiming that Bush didn't pay enough attention...he should have stopped it before it happened...essentially blaming him. Then there were those with that attitude that we (the USA) deserved what we got. You people freakin' disgust me.

If you are against this war and the killing of our troops, you should be outraged that Durbin gave the terrorist something to use against our men and women, Bigbird. You have a definition of torture that is not realistic and doesn't pertain to the situation. You are assuming the terrorists are getting beat about the head and shoulders on a daily basis with no evidence. Our people deserve better than that.

Bush DID lie and people DID die. That is not propaganda. However, yes, there are lots of people in Iraq -both American and Iraqi- that are responsible for claiming the lives of innocent people. And yes, I do feel horrible for the car bombs and explosions and the fighting that is going on over there right now. And I would agree that the beheadings were all very tragic and disgusting. I am so thankful that I am not over there. However let's keep in mind that it was the US that brought that war upon us and the Iraqi people. The United States cannot play the victim here. And I think it would be fair to say that we made a mistake. I am not trying to stand up for the violence of the opposite side, I feel that violence is violence and we are all in the wrong. I just feel we should try to understand more of what's going on and why there are so many Iraqi insurgents. Even John Adams (or is it Addams - forgive my spelling) realized back in the days of the French Revolution that, unless you have something better to put in its place, you shouldn't try to remove a current structure/government/etc from power. Now I think we can all agree that Saddam Hussein was a terrible man. But I feel that the time we entered Iraq was not a good time... and I think we can all tell from the escalating violence provided through letters from loved ones, the news, and such show us that we do not have a better structure to put in Saddam's place. I feel for those fighting in Iraq right now. I am sorry that this ever had to happen. And yes, part of it is Bush's fault (and his cabinet) for being so persistent to enter that country. I am sick of those who never question what our President is doing... sometimes even when people from our own party do things that are in the wrong, rather than acknowledge their mistakes or question their reasoning, we defend them and stand behind them anyways, even if in our heart, we know they're wrong. (And don't take this to mean that I'm accusing you of this - it is merely just a thought)

Wow, this ended up a lot longer than I planned. I'm sorry.

www.fisharefriends.com

Arthur Fonzarelli said:
I'm sick & tired of the Bush lied & people died propaganda. It has never even occurred to you liberals to blame the perpetrators of terror (beheadings, roadside bombings, blowing up bus stations or Iraqi police stations, 9/11, etc.). Even after 9/11 we had to listen to people claiming that Bush didn't pay enough attention...he should have stopped it before it happened...essentially blaming him. Then there were those with that attitude that we (the USA) deserved what we got. You people freakin' disgust me.

ya bush was paying attention because the memo that said "bin laden determined to attack america" wasn't descriptive enough to get his attention.

Maybe we need to break this down into a system he can better understand like. You know like how mcdonalds started to put pictures on their cash registers. Maybe We could have like a big explosion picture we could show him.

Squawker said:
If you are against this war and the killing of our troops, you should be outraged that Durbin gave the terrorist something to use against our men and women, Bigbird. You have a definition of torture that is not realistic and doesn't pertain to the situation. You are assuming the terrorists are getting beat about the head and shoulders on a daily basis with no evidence. Our people deserve better than that.

But i can also put the facts together that if we didn't have our troops therei nthe firsdt place they wouldn't be killed. ANY definition of torture defined by the genva convention for ethical treatment of prisoners. That's how im defining torture. You want to interrogate them FINE. I am not assuming anything im only getting the same information you are and processing it. You know like stacking prisoners into a pyramid and then taking demeaning pictures of them. Our people deserve only the standard We would due unto others. If there are a couple of bad apples then fine , deal with them. So tell me what a "realistic" definition of torture is.. Say that sentence back and think about how ridiculous that sounds.

Arthur Fonzarelli said:
. It has never even occurred to you liberals to blame the perpetrators of terror (beheadings, roadside bombings, blowing up bus stations or Iraqi police stations, 9/11, etc.).

Sure just like people on the right blame those who do the killing instead blaming the press for reporting stuff.

BigBird said:
Our people deserve only the standard We would due unto others. If there are a couple of bad apples then fine , deal with them. So tell me what a "realistic" definition of torture is.. Say that sentence back and think about how ridiculous that sounds.
Our people don't deserve to get their heads cut off. :roll: This is what I actually said: You have a definition of torture that is not realistic and doesn't pertain to the situation.You found it acceptable for Durbin to compare our treatment of terrorist at Gitmo with the Nazi's. Gitmo can't be compared with Nazi's on any level. That is a disgusting thing for a Senator of the USA to say, and you people on the left should be outraged, if you care about our troops as much as you claim you do.

Squawker said:
and you people on the left should be outraged, if you care about our troops as much as you claim you do.
Another classic to add to the library....thanks for the kind words. Good thing you don't hate liberals, I would HATE to see what you would write if you did...Maybe instead of telling "the left" what to think you should simply start thinking for yourself?

You don't want to know what I am thinking Champ. :catapult:

Back
Top Bottom