• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Liberal Admiration

Stace

Boobie Jubilee
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Well, navy Pride suggested that us libs get a room so we can all sit around and admire each other, so.....

Admire away!!! :mrgreen:

Though I prefer being called a 'Social Democrat', yeah we kick ass. We are smarter both intellectually and morally.

Better looking too. But why are we against guns and capitalism?

Binary_Digit said:
Better looking too. But why are we against guns and capitalism?

Well....I'm all for people having guns, within reason (no need for regular folk to have assault rifles, IMO...)

I mean, heck, hubby and I own two 9mm pistols...not like I can shoot mine worth a crap :2razz:

Woo hoo! I love the way democrats think. I love how they would never pull the nasty crap that republicans do. While it sometimes hurts the dems (i.e., Kerry failing to defend himself against the Swift Boat losers), it shows me how dems will take the high road and are morally superior to republicans.

Republicans, plain and simple, suck.

aps said:
Republicans, plain and simple, suck.

More and more....I am starting to think this way.....with the help of certain members in this forum, I have been forced to move away from what was once "My Party" and drift in the middle ground.....seems Republicans do tend to ....uh...lack functional neural capability in many ways.

tecoyah said:
More and more....I am starting to think this way.....with the help of certain members in this forum, I have been forced to move away from what was once "My Party" and drift in the middle ground.....seems Republicans do tend to ....uh...lack functional neural capability in many ways.

Interesting. tecoyah, you used to be a republican? Which issues have you moved towards the "middle ground"? Did you vote for Bush in 2004? If you don't want to say, no worries (just send me a private message and tell me ;)).

aps said:
Interesting. tecoyah, you used to be a republican? Which issues have you moved towards the "middle ground"? Did you vote for Bush in 2004? If you don't want to say, no worries (just send me a private message and tell me ;)).

I was a Reagan republican.....and voted for Bush Sr. as well.....though I did not vote for Jr....as I saw what he had done to Texas, and felt Gore would continue the economic platform of Clinton. I had also watched Bush make a fool of himself by attempting to talk, and that really turned me off.
I would not say I have moved overly towards the middle, but Rather the GOP has moved away from me....and has moved so freakin far away I cant even see them anymore. That said I cannot be democrat as I dispise the weakness and complete lack of focus that party has, combined with the corruption prevelant on both sides....I think I'll just sit in the center and watch them lie to each other.

Is this where Im supposed to Admire myself??

[Sarcastic Moderator mode]

I've been getting complaints from the forum members about this thread...

I've decided to take action...

[/Sarcastic Moderator mode]

:rofl :2wave:

Oh, you're funny.......

Hey, it was Navy Pride that suggested we start a Liberal Admiration Society, I simply took him up on the offer. :mrgreen:

Stace said:
Oh, you're funny.......

Hey, it was Navy Pride that suggested we start a Liberal Admiration Society, I simply took him up on the offer. :mrgreen:
And you admit to listening to Navy Pride?...:shock:

Wow...You Liberals ARE messed up!...:2wave:

cnredd said:

Hey... what did Kelzie teach Trajan about blanket statements???

cnredd said:

Hey, if the man actually has a GOOD idea, why not take advantage of it? I mean, it only happens once every blue moon, so we gotta get it while the gettin's good!

Caine said:
Hey... what did Kelzie teach Trajan about blanket statements???
I'm assuming there is sarcasm in this sentence...or you've missed mine....:confused:

cnredd said:
I'm assuming there is sarcasm in this sentence...or you've missed mine....:confused:

Yes... sarcasm... I don't have a cool "Sarcastic Caine Mode" display yet :2razz:
Im working on it

This is hilarious! cnredd, you have a wonderful sense of humor. :cool:

aps said:
This is hilarious! cnredd, you have a wonderful sense of humor. :cool:
Thank you...

This is one of those rare instances where I can make people laugh without seeing me with my pants down...:doh

Aww, you make me laugh plenty!!!

:lamo :lamo :lamo

See?

Stace said:
Aww, you make me laugh plenty!!!

:lamo :lamo :lamo

See?
I'm sorry...

is this Conservative Admiration?...:cool:

cnredd said:
I'm sorry...

is this Conservative Admiration?...:cool:

nope....just a temporary bout of cnredd admiration. Enjoy it while it lasts!

Stace said:
nope....just a temporary bout of cnredd admiration. Enjoy it while it lasts!
Yup...another 40 years and it'll be all gone...;)

Stace said:
Well, navy Pride suggested that us libs get a room so we can all sit around and admire each other, so.....

Admire away!!! :mrgreen:

Well, by some conservative definitions, I am a liberal, or close enough.

I get admirition too! How cool!:mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom