• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Liberal Admiration

cnredd said:
Start reading this thread here...nothing but fun...

Maybe you can get the "Us vs. Them" mentality out of your head for a moment or two...
You got to admit though, it's a bit difficult when there are so many us vs them threads started.
Off the top of my head, "France Riots-Proving Liberal Policies Don't Work".

jfuh said:
Sad and true.

It's was easy to vote GOP when they were making statements like "Government is too big, there's too much pork." Now they're in, basically, complete power and the government is bigger and more costly then it's ever been. More in debt too. I know wars cost money. Hurricanes cost money. So do bridges to nowhere and billion dollar tax breaks to oil companies recording record breaking profits. Can you imagine how well and how effective "No Child Left Behind" would be if the monies handed out to the oil companies were used to actually fully fund NCLB?

Pacridge said:
It's was easy to vote GOP when they were making statements like "Government is too big, there's too much pork." Now they're in, basically, complete power and the government is bigger and more costly then it's ever been. More in debt too. I know wars cost money. Hurricanes cost money. So do bridges to nowhere and billion dollar tax breaks to oil companies recording record breaking profits. Can you imagine how well and how effective "No Child Left Behind" would be if the monies handed out to the oil companies were used to actually fully fund NCLB?

Here's a better question. Imagine how much money the gov would have if they quit handing out rediculous tax breaks to the oil companies and on top of that actually closed all the tax loopholes that allow these cooperations to evade taxation. Follow that by actually collecting on all the tax that hasn't been collected.
I don't know about the actual economics on that however I think that there would be a significant gain in annual budget.

jfuh said:
Here's a better question. Imagine how much money the gov would have if they quit handing out rediculous tax breaks to the oil companies and on top of that actually closed all the tax loopholes that allow these cooperations to evade taxation. Follow that by actually collecting on all the tax that hasn't been collected.
I don't know about the actual economics on that however I think that there would be a significant gain in annual budget.

Yeah, maybe we could pay for this war rather then keep upping the amount we borrow. I keep wondering how much more stress the dollar can take. I've noticed interest rates are rising. Some families are actually being pushed out of their homes because the ARM home loan they got several years ago when rates were low are now coming back to bite them. A lady my wife works with had her house payment go up 800+ a month in 14 months. She and her family now live in an apartment.

Pacridge said:
Yeah, maybe we could pay for this war rather then keep upping the amount we borrow. I keep wondering how much more stress the dollar can take. I've noticed interest rates are rising. Some families are actually being pushed out of their homes because the ARM home loan they got several years ago when rates were low are now coming back to bite them. A lady my wife works with had her house payment go up 800+ a month in 14 months. She and her family now live in an apartment.

I was thinking about this also when the housing boom began. Realtors, bankers and homebuilders were doing everything possible to get people into new homes, with all these creative financing plans. As per your example with rising interest rates and how about home values dropping and people with interest only loans now owing more than what their house is worth. It looks like their options are to lose a lot of money, stay with it for the long haul or consider it like an automobile lease and never intend to own your home.

jfuh said:
Wow, a thread for me. A thread where I can let my colors shine. Fear no more my fellow liberals, I've discovered the "liberal admiration" thread. I've come with the light to lead us out of condemnation from radicalist conservatives.
Now bow before me:allhail

Just kidding, been dieing to use that smilie since I first saw it. Got nothing but luv for the rest of you.:2wave:

Geez - all you libs should take your circle jerks to, say, a san francisco bath house - normal people don't want to see it! :crazy3:

alphamale said:
Geez - all you libs should take your circle jerks to, say, a san francisco bath house - normal people don't want to see it! :crazy3:

Don't want to see it? Don't come to a thread called "Liberal Admiration."

Your getting real close to crossing the line and just being a jerk.

Pacridge said:

Your getting real close to crossing the line and just being a jerk.

Thanks, Pac, you beat me to it.

Pacridge said:
Kinda like renting "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" and then complaining about the violence.

Oh gosh.....SO many analogies we could use here, but if I get myself started, I'll be here all morning!!!

Pacridge said:
Kinda like renting "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" and then complaining about the violence.
Kinda like voting for Clinton and then complaining about the sexual content...:rofl :2wave:

Good point. I'll just leave y'all here to, uh ... "do" each other ..... yecccch!! Ewwwww!!! :2sick1:

alphamale said:
Good point. I'll just leave y'all here to, uh ... "do" each other ..... yecccch!! Ewwwww!!! :2sick1:
Too gay for you? (pun intended)

cnredd said:
Kinda like voting for Clinton and then complaining about the sexual content...:rofl :2wave:

Kinda like voting for Bush and then complaining about his incompetence...:rofl :2wave:

God I feel sexy...[rubs myself a little]...

look they just can't even resist our charm--aquapub will be here next claiming that all liberals are gay (and want to rape children)since we started a thread like this.

Binary_Digit said:
Better looking too. But why are we against guns and capitalism?

I'm in favor of gun ownership. Though in this day of terrorist concern, I'm not sure why we need a rule that folks can buy assault weapons and gun shows and no records of purchases and sales maintained. Under this administration, privacy as to weapons ownershipt is more sacrosanct than the books you check out at the liberary.

Who is against capitalism? If you mean laizze-faire, unregulated capitalism, where business are free to practice unfair competition, overcharge consumers, pollute, and abuse their workers, yes, I am against that. If you are talking about an America where folks who lose their job are thrown out on the street, and old and sick folks have to live on the streets and beg to survive, I'm against that too.

ShamMol said:
God I feel sexy...[rubs myself a little]...

LOL! I posted on this thread thinking it was a new one, only to find that it was bumped because you feel sexy!

Was it something someone said? :)

Iriemon said:
LOL! I posted on this thread thinking it was a new one, only to find that it was bumped because you feel sexy!

Was it something someone said? :)
Yeah, all the liberal bashing in one thread and then i saw the link in STace's thread...I feel so much better now....

Iriemon said:
I'm in favor of gun ownership. Though in this day of terrorist concern, I'm not sure why we need a rule that folks can buy assault weapons and gun shows and no records of purchases and sales maintained. Under this administration, privacy as to weapons ownershipt is more sacrosanct than the books you check out at the liberary.

I think that one kind of depends on where you live...I really don't think people should be able to buy assault rifles, either....what in the world would an ordinary citizen need one of those for??? But when my husband and I purchased our pistols, not only did we have to go through military channels to get them, we also had to go through the local sheriff's department and get these certificates or something....I can't remember if the place where we bought them kept some kind of log, but stuff like that should be mandatory, there needs to be some sort of national database with the name of the purchaser, make, model, and serial number.....it would make the job a lot easier for our law enforcement officials!!

I think that one kind of depends on where you live...I really don't think people should be able to buy assault rifles, either....what in the world would an ordinary citizen need one of those for???

I should be able to buy whatever gun I want! What is an ordinary citizen going to do with any gun? Stop criminals, rapists, and oppressive governments!

LeftyHenry said:
I should be able to buy whatever gun I want! What is an ordinary citizen going to do with any gun? Stop criminals, rapists, and oppressive governments!

And none of those really require an assault rifle. Heck, my 9 mil could be overkill in some situations, lol.

Stace said:
And none of those really require an assault rifle. Heck, my 9 mil could be overkill in some situations, lol.

Not if the oppressive government which cracks down on my rights has tanks and soldiers with other m-16s. I deserve to be able to keep an RPG in my basement.

ShamMol said:
Yeah, all the liberal bashing in one thread and then i saw the link in STace's thread...I feel so much better now....

LOL - my kind of woman!

Back
Top Bottom