• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Liberal Admiration

cnredd said:
What gives even more credibility is when you you can justify how facts fly in the face and contradicts the education or thought process you've been given...

We've been all our lives told how precious life is and how we should do all that we can to prevent our own destruction...

And then we see people blow themselves up gleefully for their "God"...

Understanding the process of thinking outside of the box shows test scores can be irrelevant...

Six's "regurgitation" statement is correct...Anyone can state that "A+B=C"...But if you don't know how it's applied...or it's inevitable exceptions to the rule, saying the statement as fact is irrelevant...It just makes you book smart, and that doesn't go far...

Your right, even if I know A2 + B2 = C2 is Pythagoreans Theorum. That doesn't mean I'm an intelligent person. It's how I apply that theorem to real world situations which in my humble opinion can be attributed to intelligence.

Even the most articulate person's pedantic ramblings doesn't make him a smart person, it just means he is book smart.

And I completely agree with you on what you were alluding to as far as Islamic fanatics go. Too bad many people believe their hatred and actions is "our" fault.

SixStringHero said:
Your right, even if I know A2 + B2 = C2 is Pythagoreans Theorum. That doesn't mean I'm an intelligent person. It's how I apply that theorem to real world situations which in my humble opinion can be attributed to intelligence.

Even the most articulate person's pedantic ramblings doesn't make him a smart person, it just means he is book smart.

And I completely agree with you on what you were alluding to as far as Islamic fanatics go. Too bad many people believe their hatred and actions is "our" fault.
Good...

Now I know I'm not alone in my thinking...:2wave:

SouthernDemocrat said:
Education is not necessarily an indicator of intelligence. For example, our president is well educated, but is not a man of remarkable intelligence. President Truman on the other hand was only a high school graduate. Karl Rove, whether you like him or not, is a very intelligent individual and is only a high school graduate.

O’Reilly’s problem is not that he is an idiot, its that he is a narcissist.
Gotta stop that bolded text. No, he went to a well educating institution and recieved a low education (a GPA of C's).
K Rove is only intelligent to the point of high school name bashing and ad homenin attacks on political opponents. Probably something he received much oh while in h.s.
O'Reilly... since when did he matter?

Gardener said:
I admire liberals.

I just wonder where the heck most of them went, because so much that passes for liberal these days is simply authoritarian, marxist based leftism and knee-jerk anti-Bush reactionary politics.

There has been an assault on the word "liberal" the last 10-20 years and it seems many people are hell bent on making the attack a self-fulfilling prophesy by acting the part.

Noam Chomsky is not a liberal. Ward Churchill is not a liberal. ANSWER, United for Peace and Justice and the PSM and ISM are NOT liberal, and I really wish more liberals would stand up and say "No -- these people do not speak for me and they do not speak for liberals". How many times have folks read comments from folks ont he left in regards to "why don't more Christians speak out against the fundies"? I wonder the same thing in regards to liberals not speaking up in regards to the leftist fundies.

In any case, I admire liberals. It's the fundamentalist left that annoys the heck out of me (and as much as I am annoyed by the fundamentalist right).
Yeah where are all the liberals these days? By the way, since when did it become that liberal was a bad word?

SixStringHero said:

You're confusing intelligence being knowledge, with wisdom.:2wave:

Wow, a thread for me. A thread where I can let my colors shine. Fear no more my fellow liberals, I've discovered the "liberal admiration" thread. I've come with the light to lead us out of condemnation from radicalist conservatives.
Now bow before me:allhail

Just kidding, been dieing to use that smilie since I first saw it. Got nothing but luv for the rest of you.:2wave:

Hail King jfuh, the Wise.
:allhail

steen said:
Hail King jfuh, the Wise.
Now I bestow upon the the title of lord. Please rise, Lord Steen.

jfuh said:
Now I bestow upon the the title of lord. Please rise, Lord Steen.
"rise"? How about an uprising? I want to be king (Nah, not really. Takes to much time. Management positions suck.)

steen said:
"rise"? How about an uprising? I want to be king (Nah, not really. Takes to much time. Management positions suck.)
Hahahaha:party :2party:

tecoyah said:
I was a Reagan republican.....and voted for Bush Sr. as well.....though I did not vote for Jr....as I saw what he had done to Texas, and felt Gore would continue the economic platform of Clinton. I had also watched Bush make a fool of himself by attempting to talk, and that really turned me off.
I would not say I have moved overly towards the middle, but Rather the GOP has moved away from me....and has moved so freakin far away I cant even see them anymore. That said I cannot be democrat as I dispise the weakness and complete lack of focus that party has, combined with the corruption prevelant on both sides....I think I'll just sit in the center and watch them lie to each other.

I could not have said it better.

:agree

Sir_Alec said:
I second that! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I believe that would make you third.....:rofl

jfuh said:
Yeah where are all the liberals these days? By the way, since when did it become that liberal was a bad word?

Since they began espousing big government.

jfuh said:
November 23rd, 1963....

The Real McCoy said:
Nobody have expanded Government more than Conservatives, so that is nonsense. Don't you have anything better than a falsehood to give us?

Anyway, what are all these conservative types doing in this tread. Go start your own tread. :( You are as intrusive as the Government you advocate.

steen said:
Anyway, what are all these conservative types doing in this tread. Go start your own tread. :( You are as intrusive as the Government you advocate.

Hey now. cnredd is welcome here anytime, as would be vauge or any of the other conservative mods, because they're cool conservatives. But the rest of y'all.....:yt

Stace said:
Hey now. cnredd is welcome here anytime, as would be vauge or any of the other conservative mods, because they're cool conservatives. But the rest of y'all.....:yt
Well, yes, they can come and admire us. But the rest....:toilet:

steen said:
Well, yes, they can come and admire us. But the rest....:toilet:
Start reading this thread here...nothing but fun...

Maybe you can get the "Us vs. Them" mentality out of your head for a moment or two...

The Real McCoy said:
.... so is conservative going to become a bad word now since the republican conservatives espouse big government?

Pacridge said:
I think Reagan said it best when he said "I didn't leave my party, my party left me."
Sad and true.

steen said:
Nobody have expanded Government more than Conservatives, so that is nonsense. Don't you have anything better than a falsehood to give us?
Whooooo calm down steen. Admiration thread ok? Here you can be king today.

Back
Top Bottom