• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Libby Fingers His Superiors

danarhea

Slayer of the DP Newsbot
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Libby has told prosecutors in the Plame case that he was ordered by higher-ups to leak Plame's name. Not too many people were higher up the chain than Libby. Gee, I wonder who he is referring to?

Article is here.

Also, both Cheney and Libby knew the report that Iraq was trying to obtain uranium from Niger was a hoax before they started their smear campaign against Joseph Wilson.

Article is here.

Last edited:
You will like it, like it, like it
On your table, table, table
When it says Libby's, Libby's, Libby's
On the label, label, label....

( I just LOVE his peaches!:2razz: )

easyt65 said:
You will like it, like it, like it
On your table, table, table
When it says Libby's, Libby's, Libby's
On the label, label, label....

( I just LOVE his peaches!:2razz: )
Actually, I hear that Libby's sour grapes are pretty good. The administration is buying them by the case. :)

danarhea said:
Libby has told prosecutors in the Plame case that he was ordered by higher-ups to leak Plame's name. Not too many people were higher up the chain than Libby. Gee, I wonder who he is referring to?

Article is here.

Also, both Cheney and Libby knew the report that Iraq was trying to obtain uranium from Niger was a hoax before they started their smear campaign against Joseph Wilson.

Article is here.

Err Dano, where does it say exactly that " he was ordered by higher-ups to leak Plame's name"?:confused:

I read that he may have been told to release NIE information, but not the name of Plame?

Actually, regarding Libby and the Plame BS...

I like Bush, and I tend to be more like the GOP than the Dems, especially THESE days...however....

The Bush administration quietly announced a day or so ago that they swapped out White House servers that serviced their e-mails....and during the swapout, somehow files/e-mails got deleted/lost that, gosh darn it, happened to deal with the whole issue.

I am not a conspiracy guy,and I STILL this whole thing was politically motivated and amounts to nothing, but that computer server thing sure stinks to me!

Deegan said:
Err Dano, where does it say exactly that " he was ordered by higher-ups to leak Plame's name"?:confused:

I read that he may have been told to release NIE information, but not the name of Plame?

The NIE info contained the name of Plamme, her position in the CIA, and the fact that she had suggested that the administration send him to Niger.

easyt65 said:
Actually, regarding Libby and the Plame BS...

I like Bush, and I tend to be more like the GOP than the Dems, especially THESE days...however....

The Bush administration quietly announced a day or so ago that they swapped out White House servers that serviced their e-mails....and during the swapout, somehow files/e-mails got deleted/lost that, gosh darn it, happened to deal with the whole issue.

I am not a conspiracy guy,and I STILL this whole thing was politically motivated and amounts to nothing, but that computer server thing sure stinks to me!

Just follow the smell.

danarhea said:
The NIE info contained the name of Plamme, her position in the CIA, and the fact that she had suggested that the administration send him to Niger.

Well that is pretty vague, it says "release information on the N.I.E" It never was specific as to her name, or what information he was releasing, it could have been declassified material, or harmless firgures, it could have been anything. Again, you are misleading in your title my friend, don't do that to me this early in the morning.:lol:

The prosecuter has already said that Plame never qualified as a 'covert' operative, by its legal definition.

The next charge the libs are after is the mis-handling of classified information, which her identity WAS considered to be.

To cut straight to the chase, I think they need to bring in an EXPERT to end this. That's right - call in Sandy Burgalar...er, Sandy Berger, the ex-Clinton Cabinet member who was caught stuffing classified documents down his pants, taking them home, hiding them, and shredding many in order to protect the Clinton 'legacy' from the truth about what Slick Willey really knew about Al Qaeda. For his heinous crime, the Burgalar was FINED! No jail time, like you or I would have gotten, not even his security clearance was stripped from him! Geesh!

Yeah, Bring HIM in and ask him what punishment Libby ought to get for mentioning Plame was pulling Desk Duty at the CIA as an analyst to a reporter who already knew Plame worked for the CIA anyway! :roll:

Typical of Raw Story....

First it's:
They also hint that Vice President Cheney’s former Chief of Staff I. Lewis Libby may have outed Plame on the orders of his “superiors.”

Then it's:
Fitzgerald alludes to "authorization" by Libby's "superiors"

And finally the actual quote:
We also note that it is our understanding that Mr. Libby testified that he was authorized to disclose information about the NIE to the press by his superiors."

Strange, but the 9-11 Senate Commission sure didn't think it was a hoax.

Wilson's assertions -- both about what he found in Niger and what the Bush administration did with the information -- were undermined yesterday in a bipartisan Senate intelligence committee report.

The panel found that Wilson's report, rather than debunking intelligence about purported uranium sales to Iraq, as he has said, bolstered the case for most intelligence analysts. And contrary to Wilson's assertions and even the government's previous statements, the CIA did not tell the White House it had qualms about the reliability of the Africa intelligence that made its way into 16 fateful words in President Bush's January 2003 State of the Union address.

danarhea said:
hey dana, I think Deegan was just pointing out that the article doesn't say anything about higher ups ordering her name leaked. You might have inferred that, of course, but it doesn't actually say that.

cnredd said:
[Moderator Mode]

Moved to "Political Scandal Du Jour"...

Doesn't anybody read around here?...:confused:

[Moderator Mode]

Two things, cnredd. One, the "political scandal du jour" doesn't get half the attention that "today's news" does. Two, we are just checking to see if you know how to do your job as a moderator. ;)

Libby's credibility is shot! He claimed he never discussed Plame with Ari Fleischer over lunch. Fleischer testified before the grand jury that normally Libby was tight-lipped and was surprised when he (Libby) mentioned Valerie Plame sending her husband to Niger (denying that the VP sent him) and told Fleischer that this was "on the q.t." I doubt Fleischer is lying because he noted that he thought the lunch was "weird" because of Libby's disclosure. Thus, someone within the White House contradicts Libby's testimony.

Therefore, Libby's testimony is not consistent with testimony from Fleischer, Judith Miller, and Tim Russert.

Libby has dug himself into a hole, and I don't think he will be able to come out.

More Allegations of Libby Lies Revealed
Judge's Report Shows Cheney Aide Is Accused Of Broad Deception

By Carol D. Leonnig
Washington Post Staff Writer
Saturday, February 4, 2006; Page A03

The special prosecutor in the CIA leak case alleged that Vice President Cheney's former chief of staff was engaged in a broader web of deception than was previously known and repeatedly lied to conceal that he had been a key source for reporters about undercover operative Valerie Plame, according to court records released yesterday. . . .

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/02/03/AR2006020302095.html

Last edited:
aps said:
the "political scandal du jour" doesn't get half the attention that "today's news" does.
I don't know why it shouldn't. All of these scandals are your favorite things to talk about. I can always count on finding you here.

KCConservative said:
I don't know why it shouldn't. All of these scandals are your favorite things to talk about. I can always count on finding you here.

KC, they can be popular to me, but to others, they don't seem to be. That was why I said that they weren't popular. I am often the last person who posted under this subject title. I like that you come here to find me, though. :thanks:

Do you have anything you want to say about Libby besides that he seems to be in deep doo doo?

aps said:
I like that you come here to find me, though. :thanks:

Do you have anything you want to say about Libby besides that he seems to be in deep doo doo?

That's my girl. Get that 'Tough Chick' title back!!..LOL

Never let 'em see you sweat aps. ;)

BWG said:
That's my girl. Get that 'Tough Chick' title back!!..LOL

Never let 'em see you sweat aps. ;)

LOL I like you, BWG. :cheers:

Deegan said:

I went and read the entire article myself, noting the spin it was trying to assert, and found the very same thing. At the top they, as oppose to Dana asserting it as a fact, say that something "hints" that he may be pointing fingers about Plame and then at the bottom it is revealed that it is the NIE that he testified he was authorized to discuss (which is within the purvey of the White House).

Dana where does it say what you say it says, didn't you read the entire thing?

danarhea said:
The NIE info contained the name of Plame, her position in the CIA, and the fact that she had suggested that the administration send him to Niger.

And how exactly do you know what was contained in an NIE report?

Do you have any pictures of Libby fingering his superiors? ;)
That's like the headline "Bush sends Condi a broad" :mrgreen:

Anywho - Libby trial starts in Jan 07 - nice move to get it pushed back until after the mid term elections. :roll:

hipsterdufus said:
Do you have any pictures of Libby fingering his superiors? ;)
That's like the headline "Bush sends Condi a broad" :mrgreen:

Anywho - Libby trial starts in Jan 07 - nice move to get it pushed back until after the mid term elections. :roll:

I've read the article that was cited and note it does not say what the original poster says it does.

And Libby, the trial date was never set so there was nothing to "push back", the judge in the case stated

"The trial for Libby, who faces perjury and obstruction of justice charges, will begin with jury selection Jan. 8, said U.S. District Judge Reggie B. Walton. The judge said he had hoped to start the trial in September but one of Libby's lawyers had a scheduling conflict that made that impractical.
Walton said he does not like "to have a case linger" but had no choice because Libby attorney Ted Wells will be tied up for 10 weeks on another case." http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,183693,00.html

So his attorney already had a trial set.

Stinger said:
So his attorney already had a trial set.

So he says.......

aps said:
So he says.......

No I'm sure the judge in the Libby case checked the docket in that court and made him satisfy the court that indeed there was a conflict. Libby has been quite clear that he is ready to go there is no advantage to him delaying and in fact it is Fitzgerald who is accused of witholding things and delay.

easyt65 said:
The prosecuter has already said that Plame never qualified as a 'covert' operative, by its legal definition.

The next charge the libs are after is the mis-handling of classified information, which her identity WAS considered to be.

To cut straight to the chase, I think they need to bring in an EXPERT to end this. That's right - call in Sandy Burgalar...er, Sandy Berger, the ex-Clinton Cabinet member who was caught stuffing classified documents down his pants, taking them home, hiding them, and shredding many in order to protect the Clinton 'legacy' from the truth about what Slick Willey really knew about Al Qaeda. For his heinous crime, the Burgalar was FINED! No jail time, like you or I would have gotten, not even his security clearance was stripped from him! Geesh!

Yeah, Bring HIM in and ask him what punishment Libby ought to get for mentioning Plame was pulling Desk Duty at the CIA as an analyst to a reporter who already knew Plame worked for the CIA anyway! :roll:

Post a quote/link..

And after you do, explain why Prosecutor Fitzgerald actually said she was covert in the text of the Libby indictments? I mean, in official federal court papers indicting a hgih ranking federal official, the federal prosecutor note with certainty that Plame, a federal agent, was in covert status, according to federal law.

Back
Top Bottom