• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Liam Neeson Senior Citizen Badass

Rexedgar

Yo-Semite!
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I like Liam Neeson. That being said he is 66 years old. “Schindler’s List,” “Rob Roy” are two of my favorite LN films. There was another that featured the Adlon Hotel in Berlin that was interesting for the location. “Taken” was milked and now there is another “kick ass & take names” kind of film coming out this spring. I know it’s entertainment and all, but the bounds of credulity are being stretched for this film fan.

https://www.google.com/search?clien...Oo1kKHYi7C30Q9OUBMAN6BAgKEAw&biw=1366&bih=922

Yep, he's as old as Steven Seagal but not as old as Danny Trejo or Clint Eastwood.

That's one seriously typecast actor.

I like Liam Neeson. That being said he is 66 years old. “Schindler’s List,” “Rob Roy” are two of my favorite LN films. There was another that featured the Adlon Hotel in Berlin that was interesting for the location. “Taken” was milked and now there is another “kick ass & take names” kind of film coming out this spring. I know it’s entertainment and all, but the bounds of credulity are being stretched for this film fan.

https://www.google.com/search?clien...Oo1kKHYi7C30Q9OUBMAN6BAgKEAw&biw=1366&bih=922

I heard he said a family member being 'Taken" three times or more is just plain bad parenting.
I am with you. There is only so many times an old guy can jump trains in a movie and make it realistic.
To top it off, he hates guns, so there is also a hypocrisy factor there too.

I like it when they move behind the camera and start directing or producing, or both.

" Letters From Iwo Jima " I feel is one of Clint Eastwood's best works as a director/producer.

:popcorn2: (Amazing, even talking about an actor we managed to borderline upset someone.)

I love Liam Neson! "Run All Night!" I like "Gray," too - but wasn't really liking the ending.

Denzel Washington is 64 - and yet, he's good in the Equalizer series. As long as their character portrays their age, their movies are enjoyable.

Last edited:
To top it off, he hates guns, so there is also a hypocrisy factor there too.

Just because he hates guns in real life? What hypocrisy?

He is an actor, for crying out loud.
That would be like saying actors who play roles of cancer victims are hypocrites if they don't have
cancer in real life. :mrgreen:
Or, playing poor people when in reality they're raking in millions!

Or, playing gay if he is in fact straight in real life. Oh wait - that's sooooo politically incorrect now, too. Now, they need to tap a real gay to play that role.

That's the problem with most movies and actors nowadays - they're mostly seriously dabbling in political messages! I'm paying to watch movies - not to listen, or view propaganda!
I'm watching to enjoy and escape the reality of everyday life for a couple of hours.

Last edited:
Just because he hates guns in real life? What hypocrisy?

He is an actor, for crying out loud.
That would be like saying actors who play roles of cancer victims are hypocrites if they don't have
cancer in real life. :mrgreen:
Or, playing poor people when in reality they're raking in millions!

Or, playing gay if he is in fact straight in real life. Oh wait - that's sooooo politically incorrect now, too. Now, they need to tap a real gay to play that role.

That's the problem with most movies and actors nowadays - they're mostly seriously dabbling in political messages! I'm paying to watch movies - not to listen, or view propaganda!
I'm watching to enjoy and escape the reality of everyday life for a couple of hours.

Good point. I find no valid argument I can use to offset what you said.
You are right.

ie...When I was in Jr. High, one of my black friends visited Richard Roundtree (Shaft) when he made a visit to Houston. My friend said he was such a huge woos it was a shame to watch that movie anymore. He was no action hero for sure.
So yeah, you have a point. It is acting.

I still think it is hypocrisy to play in shoot em' up movie and hate guns in real life.

But...whatever pays the bills.

Back
Top Bottom