• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Liam Neeson says he walked the streets hoping to 'kill' a black man after family member was raped

HenryChinaski

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
https://www.foxnews.com/entertainme...a-black-man-after-family-member-was-raped.amp
Liam Neeson said in a bizarre new interview that he once walked the streets armed with a club for a week in hopes of killing a black man after a family member told him she was raped by a black male.

In an interview with The Independent published Monday, the veteran actor recalled an incident where he harbored racist thoughts after a member of his family told him she was raped.

"There’s something primal – God forbid you’ve ever had a member of your family hurt under criminal conditions," the actor began the story, which he said he has never before shared.
I don’t know if I should commend him for acknowledging this or what. I assume that he’s pointing out how easy it is to be consumed by racism.

Last edited:
Well, let us gather and cue the countdown for another once-beloved actor's downfall in 3...2...1.
This time I don’t think so. I get the impression that he’s merely owning up to something that he isn’t proud of.

This time I don’t think so. I get the impression that he’s merely owning up to something that he isn’t proud of.

How do people not see the difference? Creepy.

What is the matter with people anymore? Some things are better just left alone........

Well, let us gather and cue the countdown for another once-beloved actor's downfall in 3...2...1.

Or a publicity stunt... After all, that is all the media is interested this week.

In other news "Is it racist for white people moonwalk?"

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainme...a-black-man-after-family-member-was-raped.amp I don’t know if I should commend him for acknowledging this or what. I assume that he’s pointing out how easy it is to be consumed by racism.

I don't see how it is easy to be consumed by racism. There is no logical foundation for it. So a black male rapes someone, so he looks for what will likely be a completely innocent black male to murder? The entire concept of collective guilt is ridiculous. If he had a name or description for a particular person, then that would be understandable but that isn't racism as he would be searching out a particular person rather than a random member of a race.

There's comes a point where after a tragedy or loss pain and anger take over. It's very easy during that time to let yourself be consumed by thoughts and sentiments you normally wouldn't have.

But man this came out of left field.

Last edited:
I don't see how it is easy to be consumed by racism. There is no logical foundation for it. So a black male rapes someone, so he looks for what will likely be a completely innocent black male to murder? The entire concept of collective guilt is ridiculous. If he had a name or description for a particular person, then that would be understandable but that isn't racism as he would be searching out a particular person rather than a random member of a race.
Good points..

There's comes a point where after a tragedy or loss pain and anger take over. It's very easy during that time to let yourself be consumed by thoughts and sentiments you normally wouldn't have.

But man this came out of left field.

Thoughts are one thing walking the street with a weapon looking for a random person to murder is way way beyond that

This is a disturbing story on several levels. The one redeeming factor is his obvious shame for acting in this manner.

Last edited:
https://www.foxnews.com/entertainme...a-black-man-after-family-member-was-raped.amp I don’t know if I should commend him for acknowledging this or what. I assume that he’s pointing out how easy it is to be consumed by racism.

A family member of his was tragically raped by a black man, so he spent a week looking for an innocent black man to kill. Wow. Ted Bundy was dumped by a woman with long dark hair parted in the middle, so he spent the next 10 years murdering innocent girls with dark hair parted in the middle.

Not sure why Neeson would share this story. He sounds like Ted Bundy. Luckily, he never acted on that not very normal urge he had. Primal? Nope. Please don't project that on others, Liam. That's yours alone.

One must hope that and wonder whether he's since disabused himself of the capacity to form and commence to act on thoughts of the sort he once developed.

But there is a biological foundation for it.

I like Neeson's work and I don't think he is a racist.

If I was his publicist though, I would look for a new job.

The admission is a landmine for questions that could further damage the actors reputation even more.

Sent from Trump Plaza's basement using Putin's MacBook.

But there is a biological foundation for it.

Sad you would say this - very sad - but even sadder - it is true. Human beings seem to be hard wired to fear and then learn to hate THE OTHER. Perhaps this goes back to our earliest days on the planet in closed communities where any outsider was seen as a very real threat. And precious little that has happened in the way of societal advancements over history have changed this imperative.

Things like this demonstrate just how primitive so much of what makes us up actually is and the hold it still retains on us.

It also screams out why education is so important to get us beyond the primitive instincts that once ruled us completely.

Was he in Chicago?
Come on buddy, don't be subtle. We can understand what you want to tell us.

Sent from Trump Plaza's basement using Putin's MacBook.

Well said, but he said he was looking for, yes a black man, but one who would start something, so not simply innocent. Does that make a difference in your view?

Curious how no one on the left is blasting him for this.

No, wait, I understand. He only wanted to murder a black person. He didn't smirk at any black people so he's ok.

I don't believe him. I rarely believe anything actors say when talking about themselves.

Or a publicity stunt... After all, that is all the media is interested this week.

In other news "Is it racist for white people moonwalk?"

Of course not. Saw Johnny Carson do it years ago. No one cried racism.

Rock and jazz, two great gifts from the US to the world are gifts from African-Americans. Elvis borrowed from black culture as did the Beatles and Stones.

A family member of his was tragically raped by a black man, so he spent a week looking for an innocent black man to kill.
No, he was looking for a black man to start something. If he was looking for a random innocent person he would have found one.

Sad you would say this - very sad - but even sadder - it is true. Human beings seem to be hard wired to fear and then learn to hate THE OTHER. Perhaps this goes back to our earliest days on the planet in closed communities where any outsider was seen as a very real threat. And precious little that has happened in the way of societal advancements over history have changed this imperative.

Things like this demonstrate just how primitive so much of what makes us up actually is and the hold it still retains on us.

It also screams out why education is so important to get us beyond the primitive instincts that once ruled us completely.

While I agree that tribalism is a primitive instinct that requires constant attention to in order to keep it under control, I think in regards to race the answer isn't to fight against our inherent nature but to completely abolish the concept of race and view skin color the same way we view eye or hair color. Racism itself isn't a biological distinction but a learned one. If you throw a bunch of young children together they don't automatically seperate into racial groups as adults do, they will play together until told not to do so.

Back
Top Bottom