• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

LGBTQ people face 'groomer' accusations and trolling as culture war rages on

Given that fascism is primarily about extreme social conservative cultural hegemony, it’s quite directly fascist.
More bullshit from you. I want a specific answer on how giving parents more of a say in what is taught in government schools is fascist or just admit you dont have a clue as to what fascism is.

More bullshit from you. I want a specific answer on how giving parents more of a say in what is taught in government schools is fascist or just admit you dont have a clue as to what fascism is.
I just gave you a specific answer…

You may disagree with my point of view, but the answer is sufficient.

But your primary tactic here is denial, so I just expect you will keep pretending it’s all lies.

Correct. Righties aren't calling LGBTQ people and their allies "groomers" in spite of the fact that this will bring them harm, but BECAUSE it will bring them harm.
Thats a lie.

Your question cannot be answered in any factual way as it uses moron as a qualifier.
It's not a modifier, it's a noun. I'll repeat, what moron is feeding you this absurd interpretation that teachers can't say the word gay, or straight or boy or girl? It's patently absurd.

It's not a modifier, it's a noun. I'll repeat, what moron is feeding you this absurd interpretation that teachers can't say the word gay, or straight or boy or girl? It's patently absurd.
Correct it is a noun but it’s also a qualifier. You asked “what moron” and the source isn’t a moron so it cannot be answered. It would be the same is your asked “what Martian” but the source was a human.

I just gave you a specific answer…

You may disagree with my point of view, but the answer is sufficient.
No you didnt. You gave a mindless generalization. Like every other leftist you simply label anything you disagree with as fascist because you cant argue honestly.

No you didnt. You gave a mindless generalization. Like every other leftist you simply you disagree with as fascist because you cant argue honestly.
The specific answer was the description of the primary motivator behind fascism, which is extreme social conservative cultural concerns, which is almost always about wanting an ethnostate of some type.

Correct it is a noun but it’s also a qualifier. You asked “what moron” and the source isn’t a moron so it cannot be answered. It would be the same is your asked “what Martian” but the source was a human.
What's with the games Taco? What person is telling you that that teachers can't say the word gay, or straight or boy or girl?

What's with the games Taco? What person is telling you that that teachers can't say the word gay, or straight or boy or girl?
any lesson in which gender is used. Such as “use the little boys room if you need to go tommy” runs afoul of this statement (from the bill). It’s written in a very broad way that can be interpreted quite loosely.

Either state standards have to be discriminatory or that bathroom lesson is a problem. If the standards are discriminatory, then that’s where the lawsuit will happen. If it’s left open, then teachers will get sued for innocuous things.

"Classroom instruction by school personnel or third parties on sexual orientation or gender identity may not occur in kindergarten through grade 3 or in a manner that is not age appropriate or developmentally appropriate for students in accordance with state standards."

The specific answer was the description of the primary motivator behind fascism, which is extreme social conservative cultural concerns, which is almost always about wanting an ethnostate of some type.
So any conservative movement that relates to culture (that you dont like) is fascism. Thats stupid and dishonest to its core. The law you cited simply disallows the teaching of sexually inappropriate materials prior to the 4th grade. That is NOT fasicsm. That is common sense and perfectly within the rights of parents.

Fueled by right-wing hysteria, righties have settled on false accusations of "groomers" and pedophiles for anyone who's LGBTQ and out of the closet. This canard is nothing new; as far back as the 70s and 80s, teachers who were gay were accused of the very same things. Interesting how straight cis people are not accused of this for making public their own sexual orientation.

In addition to being slanderous, false accusations against LGBTQ people, they cheapen the accusations against actual groomers, who have been given a golden opportunity to play victim when legitimately accused.

It’s ridiculous. It’s scary, quite frankly.

So what happens when little Johnny brings in a pic of his 2 dads? Not too uncommon these days. It reflects the real world- people are in all kinds of families…

It’s not unusual for little kids to bring in family pictures to share with the class. I always thought it was great because it taught from the get go there is no “right kind” of family.

People have to be taught to hate or learn to hate by watching and listening to the grownups in their lives. They can also learn to be kind.

“Heterosexual” is a *sexual orientation*, FFS.

But oh wait they didn’t mean it ***that***way, right? 🙄 It’s *those* people.

I don’t want the Deliverance banjo players deciding on school curriculum either.

ETA: Grooming is a serious charge. It’s disgusting to use it in these situations—

Total garbage. You have fallen for a caricature of the people you hate not anything that resembles fact or reality. Turn off CNN or maybe find another outlet for your hate.

I'm not saying it's every conservative or even a solid majority - I don't know what percentage of people condone such vitriol, but I do know there is now a growing trend among far right activists and it needs to stop. There are vigilantes who have physically assaulted or even killed paroled sex offenders. There are people who physically assault or even kill accused sex offenders. Suggesting that people are "grooming" children is entering extremely dangerous territory. It's mainstreaming hatred toward people simply because they don't like their politics, and their demonization of the LGBT-Q community is going to get some of them hurt or killed.

any lesson in which gender is used. Such as “use the little boys room if you need to go tommy” runs afoul of this statement (from the bill). It’s written in a very broad way that can be interpreted quite loosely.

"Classroom instruction by school personnel or third parties on sexual orientation or gender identity may not occur in kindergarten through grade 3 or in a manner that is not age appropriate or developmentally appropriate for students in accordance with state standards."
Again with the games. Who is the moron that is telling you that "use the little boys room if you need to go tommy” is "classroom instruction" and is "not age appropriate." You seem like a smart enough guy, why would you repeat such patently absurd nonsense?

So any conservative movement that relates to culture (that you dont like) is fascism. Thats stupid and dishonest to its core. The law you cited simply disallows the teaching of sexually inappropriate materials prior to the 4th grade. That is NOT fasicsm. That is common sense and perfectly within the rights of parents.
That’s why I used the word extreme which would include things like violence, intimidation, discriminatory laws, etc.

I’m this case, the social context being set up in Florida leans heavily on these things, especially with desantis getting involved with things like musk and twitter.

Those people do exist and, given the materials that have surfaced over the last year, I do wonder if they’re infiltrating schools. But the people advocating against the common sense measures in the bill and going to the mat to keep homoerotic materials in school libraries are the minority. Unfortunately, they’re loud and giving the rest of us a bad name.
Opinion-heavy, fact-free

So what happens when little Johnny brings in a pic of his 2 dads? Not too uncommon these days. It reflects the real world- people are in all kinds of families…
It’s not unusual for little kids to bring in family pictures to share with the class. I always thought it was great because it taught from the get go there is no “right kind” of family.

How is Johnny's picture "classroom instruction by the teacher" and how it is not age appropriate?

Correct. Righties aren't calling LGBTQ people and their allies "groomers" in spite of the fact that this will bring them harm, but BECAUSE it will bring them harm.

God be with this country if someone like DeathSantis or Abbott takes the White House. It will be open season on LGBTQs and allies.

For the record, I don't think most of them necessarily want people killed; they just want them intimidated into silence. But there are probably tons of vigilantes out there who are capable of killing someone merely on the suspicion or accusation of being a pedophile, and these people will do so thinking that they'll get back slapped and high fived by people they know or by Fox News commentators.

Again with the games. Who is the moron that is telling you that "use the little boys room if you need to go tommy” is "classroom instruction" and is "not age appropriate." You seem like a smart enough guy, why would you repeat such patently absurd nonsense?
Going to the bathroom is age appropriate. Referencing his gender may not be as it is assuming that it’s appropriate for tommy, who may have other thoughts, as transgender urges can start quite young.

The fascism part comes in where you define "sexually inappropriate" to mean "mentioning the existence of homosexuals" but do not apply this stance to heterosexuality. You people aren't up in arms about Disney having a dude kiss an unconscious woman, that's totally "sexually appropriate," but if you show a picture of two men so much as holding hands you people lose your goddamned minds.

For the record, I don't think most of them necessarily want people killed; they just want them intimidated into silence. But there are probably tons of vigilantes out there who are capable of killing someone merely on the suspicion or accusation of being a pedophile, and these people will do so thinking that they'll get back slapped and high fived by people they know or by Fox News commentators.

They're the "we won't lynch, but we'll sell you the rope and look the other way" kind of people.

How is Johnny's picture "classroom instruction by the teacher" and how it is not age appropriate?

It includes “discussion” of sexual orientation.

Sorry, but there are some crazy people in the US— esp Florida… The law is vague & leaves the door open for any rando guardian to *sue* any teacher.

Gay people exist.

Going to the bathroom is age appropriate. Referencing his gender may not be as it is assuming that it’s appropriate for tommy, who may have other thoughts, as transgender urges can start quite young.

"boy" is not age appropriate. OK We're getting a clue that the problem is not others telling you absurd nonsense.

It includes “discussion” of sexual orientation.

Not at all necessarily.

Sorry, but there are some crazy people in the US— esp Florida… The law is vague & leaves the door open for any rando guardian to *sue* any teacher.
No it doesn't

Gay people exist.
Thanks for the new flash. Here's one for you. Teachers can say Gay in Florida.

Back
Top Bottom