• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Lew Rockwell's Five Questions to the Tea Party

Cold Highway

Dispenser of Negativity
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Newburgh, New York and World 8: Dark Land
Political Leaning
Libertarian
People like to think that November will bring change. All I see is statism being traded for statism-lite with religious bull**** thrown in for good measure.

Five Questions for Tea Party Voters « LewRockwell.com Blog

We keep hearing how voters are fed up, and how the Tea Party movement is shaking the political establishment to its core. I guess unseating 40 or so members of Congress—less than 10% of the House and Senate—represents a radical change in the national temperament. Never mind that our new politicians will quickly will be co-opted by the same establishment they claim to run against—see Scott Brown for only one recent example.

I have a few simple questions for these angry voters and their favored candidates:

1) Have you consistently refused to vote for Republicans and Democrats, either by not voting or voting third party?

2) Do you advocate abolishing or drastically reducing Social Security?

3) Do you advocate abolishing or drastically reducing Medicare?

4) Do you advocate the immediate removal of U.S. military forces from foreign nations, and drastically reducing the DOD budget?

5) Do you advocate abolishing the Federal Reserve system and repealing laws that prohibit currency competition?

If not, you have NO business complaining about the “state of the union.” Social Security, Medicare, and DOD are the three primary causes of our national bankruptcy. The Federal Reserve is the enabler that makes deficit spending possible, creates the booms and busts, and punishes savers. Unless you oppose welfare, warfare, and fiat currency, you cannot credibly complain about the economy, federal spending and debt, or “big government.”

Of course this will be dismissed as Obamabot hatched job by several neocon scum here.

Why is it that you and almost all liberals love to label people and project the negative in their hearts on to others.

I don't see the Tea Party being agree or hateful, by we are tired of the waist in Government and the Trifecta of of dumb asses Obama. Pelosi, and Reid are the worst in history.

All the negative has come from the hateful Wackos like Olbermann, and that gay guy Mathews who gets tingles in his leg when he sees Obama and other goof balls.

In answer to the questions I would say no to all because they are highly one sided, there is middle ground to work with on all of those points.

I think very highly of all the Tea Party members and I have great respect for the near 500.000 people of all races and parties who went to 8-28 Rally thrown by Glenn Beck.

These are all Patriots of the finest kind, and they scare the Hell out of the Lefties, and just love that.

Lew Rockwell... Isn't that the guy who wrote Ron Paul's racist newsletters for 10 years?

Why is it that you and almost all liberals love to label people and project the negative in their hearts on to others.

Oh yea the classic con comeback, when you got nothing to counter the subject at hand just call the person a communist/liberal. You got any proof that Rockwell and co are Obama-trons? Im willing to bet you dont. As for the hate, maybe you so called tough conservatives should grow thick skin. I expect liberals to whine but I though you bible thumping cons could take your lumps.

Lew Rockwell... Isn't that the guy who wrote Ron Paul's racist newsletters for 10 years?

The fact you think Lew Rockwell is racist only shows you know nothing about the guy. Im sure Hazelt would be proud of you.

Last edited:
I have a few simple questions for these angry voters and their favored candidates:

okedoke

1) Have you consistently refused to vote for Republicans and Democrats, either by not voting or voting third party?

consisently? no. whenever possible i (like most of the Tea Party movement) like to vote for the most conservative possible candidate. that's what you missed in your comment about scott brown. if all i did was vote every time for the libertarian party, then what i am doing is throwing my vote to the Democratic party. if, however, i choose to take advantage of the primary process to consistently pull the Republican party as far towards sanity as it can be pulled, then what i am achieving is actual movement in our political process. to cite somone from the opposite end of the aisle; i forgoe the cheap thrill of the conservative pose in return for the satisfaction of conservative results.

2) Do you advocate abolishing or drastically reducing Social Security?

yup. i don't think that simply chucking it overboard is something we could sell to the American people, and to be fair that would represent a refusal to honor a contract with Americans who are near retiring and have been depending on thatmoney. so this is a situation with no "good" solutions, only less worse ones. personally i advocate (as something that would be more politically palatable) a two tiered system; with people having the choice to pick between a privatized and a socialized system, which would have (fiscal reality being what it is) to be means-tested. i agree that the coercion leaves it an undesireable system; and i have no problem with edging that coercion out over time as it becomes possible. but (again) i would rather actually achieve results rather than have a grand time waving torches and being ignored by the general populace.

3) Do you advocate abolishing or drastically reducing Medicare?

my approach to Medicare is similar to the discussion of Social Security. Medicaid should be totally a state matter.

4) Do you advocate the immediate removal of U.S. military forces from foreign nations, and drastically reducing the DOD budget?

no. i advocate culling many of our overseas bases (in Europe, for example, we have way more than we need), and definitely streamlining our missions and "achieving less with more" via force multiplier forces (advisors and drones paired with local ally forces); but what you are really addressing here is a return to a "fortress America" isolationist approach. I don't find that that has a history that particularly recommends it, nor do i find that it is necessarily the intent of the American founders (who spoke of an American empire, the inevitable conquering of Cuba, Mexico, and Canada, etc; and who claimed the right to control the level of European interaction with the entire Western Hemisphere). I also (this is partially due to my job) recognize that America right now is the linchpin in a system of international security upon which much of 'globalization' depends. right now the world is wealthy because the world has a benign hegemony. if you alter that system to one in which we see multiple competing blocs, then you will see damage to the economic system that depends upon free movement across their borders.

5) Do you advocate abolishing the Federal Reserve system and repealing laws that prohibit currency competition?

a Gold Standard? no, i have yet to see any solid evidence that such isn't deflationary. i prefer to see a severe set of restrictions upon the ability of the government to create and maintain a currency that would remove their ability to inflate. it seems to me (and i don't pretend to be an expert in this) that there should be some kind of metric to which we could tie the growth of the supply of money. Friedman suggested a set percent somewhere between 3 and 5; i would be more tempted to tie it to growth in GDP minus G or some such.

The fact you think Lew Rockwell is racist only shows you know nothing about the guy. Im sure Hazelt would be proud of you.

Did I say that?

I merely stated that I believe he was the one who wrote those racist Ron Paul newsletters. Which by the way, you never bothered to address.

I merely stated that I believe he was the one who wrote those racist Ron Paul newsletters. Which by the way, you never bothered to address.
Probably because it's not relevant.

Probably because it's not relevant.

I find racism... real racism that is... very relevant. I can't show respect for the views of anyone that would be involved in the writing of newsletters like those, I don't give a crap what their political beliefs are.

Right is right, and wrong is wrong.

Last edited:
I find racism... real racism that is... very relevant. I can't show respect for anyone that would be involved in the writing of newsletters like those, I don't give a crap what their political beliefs are.

Right is right, and wrong is wrong.
Ah right, attack the source and ignore the argument. I believe among the intelligent this is known as ad hominem.

Ah right, attack the source and ignore the argument. I believe among the intelligent this is known as ad hominem.

I'm sorry, but I can't give credibility of any kind to someone who would be involved in racist crap like that. Maybe you can do that, but not me.

I'm sorry, but I can't give credibility of any kind to someone who would be involved in racist crap like that. Maybe you can do that, but not me.

Did you even read them?

Yes I did... But like I said, I won't give credence to anyone who is involved in the writing and publishing of racist propaganda. Therefore, you will get nothing out of me concerning what he wrote in this thread, because as far as I'm concerned, anything he writes should not be given acknowledgment.

Yes I did... But like I said, I won't give credence to anyone who is involved in the writing and publishing of racist propaganda. Therefore, you will get nothing out of me concerning what he wrote in this thread, because as far as I'm concerned, anything he writes should not be given acknowledgment.
Oh, okay. Kinda like those people who dismiss whatever is on FOX News as being biased and/or false simply because it's on FOX News. Gotcha.

People like to think that November will bring change. All I see is statism being traded for statism-lite with religious bull**** thrown in for good measure.

Of course this will be dismissed as Obamabot hatched job by several neocon scum here.

I think those are more libertarian based questions than Tea Party based questions. Tea Party aligned people are not for NO government...they are for EFFECTIVE and EFFICIENT government. And that shouldn't be a neocon or republican perspective...that ought to be EVERY thinking individual in this country. Mindless politically party bent ideologues are just as much to blame for the financial mess the country is in as are the democrats and republicans that have put us here.

And MAYBE...juuuuuuuust maybe...if assholes werent as obsessed with attacking the TEA PARTY which has NOT dug us into this hole and instead were more focused on the DEMOCRATS AND REPUBLICANS that DID, we might see real change. But no...instead, those ****stains will CONTINUE to attack the Tea Party...ignoring that 14 trillion dollar hole and near 10% unemployment with actual employment near 20%.

Im sorry...what was the brilliant motivation behind attacking the Tea Party again?

Wait a second...I see what the author is doing...he has basically just used the world shortest political quiz to try to help Tea Party people realize they are actually libertarians at heart!

Back
Top Bottom