• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Letter to judge to remove restrictions on pistol license- need advice

holbritter

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
I need to write a letter to the judge who granted me my pistol license to carry, to remove the restrictions. I've heard some say to include personal information about what your life is about (hobbies, what you do and what you're like) and others said to KISS.

I know to include all the training and education I've received, and knowledge of the laws regarding, so I've gotten that far. I'm not very good at 'fluffing', but don't want to be too short and to the point that it looks like I could care less.

Anyone have experience with this? Did you get an unrestricted license?

TIA

Maybe gun forum?

I do appeals in criminal cases only, in MA...have done fed. No idea about NY gun laws. No idea about restricted or unrestricted licenses. Far too lazy to look up. But if I'm not responsible for the facts' accuracy and the only thing is to tighten up a letter to make a case more forcefully, I'm not so bad...

Edit: short and too the point is best when you're dealing with people who don't want to bother giving you the time of day.

Last edited:
Maybe gun forum?

I do appeals in criminal cases only, in MA...have done fed. No idea about NY gun laws. No idea about restricted or unrestricted licenses. Far too lazy to look up. But if I'm not responsible for the facts' accuracy and the only thing is to tighten up a letter to make a case more forcefully, I'm not so bad...

Edit: short and too the point is best when you're dealing with people who don't want to bother giving you the time of day.

Thanks for replying. I had been searching for 'sample' letters, but apparently didn't use the right wording. I tried again and found some.

What I was hoping to find out is if there are certain things that a Judge may look for in order to decide if your ok to have the restrictions lifted. Right now, that I know of, all NY (except NYC) licenses come with hunting/target restrictions and you have to request them to be lifted.

I was originally thinking of putting this in the Gun 'Control' forum, then Law and Order. Wanted to avoid getting into a pissing match with anyone. :)

Move to Georgia. Shall issue carry license. You can carry it any way you want.

I need to write a letter to the judge who granted me my pistol license to carry, to remove the restrictions. I've heard some say to include personal information about what your life is about (hobbies, what you do and what you're like) and others said to KISS.

I know to include all the training and education I've received, and knowledge of the laws regarding, so I've gotten that far. I'm not very good at 'fluffing', but don't want to be too short and to the point that it looks like I could care less.

Anyone have experience with this? Did you get an unrestricted license?

TIA

My only advice is about experience of employing the method of your approach and to use KIS instead of KISS and have a positive attitude. :)

Back
Top Bottom