• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Letter: Lack of leadership by Obama caused shutdown

Wehrwolfen

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Oct. 4, 2013

EDITOR: A government shutdown could have and should have been avoided. In my opinion, the direct cause for the shutdown rests with the lack of leadership by the president.

The president is too concerned with his legacy and therefore is putting the blame for his failures on the GOP. During his run for re-election he said, in essence, that neither side gets 100 percent of what it asks for in negotiation. If he believes that, why does he refuse to negotiate?

I am tired of hearing how everything we fail to do will have a negative effect on either the children or the poor. The president continues to allow these scare tactics in the hope it will get him what he wants.

It would take a strong leader to tell the truth and accept the consequences instead of tap dancing around the issues that need to be settled now. There have been about 800,000 federal workers furloughed as they were declared “non-essential.” If they are non-essential, why were they hired in the first place?

[Excerpt]

Read more:
http://www.marshfieldnewsherald.com...tter-Lack-leadership-by-Obama-caused-shutdown

The denial to Military families just magnifies the lowly lengths to which Obama and his minions will go too. Just the stroke of Obama's pen could have stopped this debacle. Obama's lack of Leadership has been continuous throughout his tenure and has really come to a head with Benghazi, before that there was Georgia, Iran, and other international incidents that Obama showed his lack of leadership. Now his lack of leadership has extended itself to National affairs to the point of refusing to

Oct. 4, 2013

EDITOR: A government shutdown could have and should have been avoided. In my opinion, the direct cause for the shutdown rests with the lack of leadership by the president.

The president is too concerned with his legacy and therefore is putting the blame for his failures on the GOP. During his run for re-election he said, in essence, that neither side gets 100 percent of what it asks for in negotiation. If he believes that, why does he refuse to negotiate?

I am tired of hearing how everything we fail to do will have a negative effect on either the children or the poor. The president continues to allow these scare tactics in the hope it will get him what he wants.

It would take a strong leader to tell the truth and accept the consequences instead of tap dancing around the issues that need to be settled now. There have been about 800,000 federal workers furloughed as they were declared “non-essential.” If they are non-essential, why were they hired in the first place?

[Excerpt]

Read more:
http://www.marshfieldnewsherald.com...tter-Lack-leadership-by-Obama-caused-shutdown

The denial to Military families just magnifies the lowly lengths to which Obama and his minions will go too. Just the stroke of Obama's pen could have stopped this debacle. Obama's lack of Leadership has been continuous throughout his tenure and has really come to a head with Benghazi, before that there was Georgia, Iran, and other international incidents that Obama showed his lack of leadership. Now his lack of leadership has extended itself to National affairs to the point of refusing to

I would say you are right in attributing the responsibility of maintaining government to the President. He should have been reducing costs and he could have had the money needed and refused. I do not know how anyone can say he is not responsible.

Wehrwolfen thread..Boehner snaps that the Sequester is the law of the land..Hoyer retorts so is ..Last week it was the ACA..This week the TEAts have added their Christmas list plus the kitchen sink.

I thought your meme was that Obama was an autocrat, the monarch meme.

Don't you need to straighten out which counterfactual talking point you're going to use.

There have been about 800,000 federal workers furloughed as they were declared “non-essential.” If they are non-essential, why were they hired in the first place?

As more than a few libs have explained it's all about self respect. These "non-essential" federal employees are basically on the doe but if they don't know it they feel better about themselves.

Not sure about the other 49 states but if you want see people who can't make it in the private sector visit a California state DMV office and look at who's behind the counter. If it weren't for government, they would be sitting on their porch with a 40 ouncer in one hand and an Obama phone or bong in their other hand waiting for the first of the month.

As more than a few libs have explained it's all about self respect. These "non-essential" federal employees are basically on the doe but if they don't know it they feel better about themselves.

Not sure about the other 49 states but if you want see people who can't make it in the private sector visit a California state DMV office and look at who's behind the counter. If it weren't for government, they would be sitting on their porch with a 40 ouncer in one hand and an Obama phone or bong in their other hand waiting for the first of the month.

Oh dear, the fallacy of equivocation by semantic shift, right here, right now.

Their game starts with Cantor already admitting in May that he has everything he wants in Ryan's budget, where Dems came down 212 Billion.
That's like starting the game at 28-0 Repubs before the first kick-off tonight.
Today we see nice Cantor after his spanking by the Koch brothers.
Oh dear, the fallacy of equivocation by semantic shift, right here, right now.

Wow, a letter to the editor in a small town newspaper? That is all you have?

Face it, the Republicans went into this with no exit strategy and they screwed themselves.....again

Wow, a letter to the editor in a small town newspaper? That is all you have?

Face it, the Republicans went into this with no exit strategy and they screwed themselves.....again

Are you saying Americans who live in small towns shouldn't have a voice ?

That does seem to be the official policy of the Dermocrat Party.

Are you saying Americans who live in small towns shouldn't have a voice ?

That does seem to be the official policy of the Dermocrat Party.

It is a letter to the editor of a newspaper. It is not exactly a white paper coming out of a think tank staffed by educated policy wonks now is it?

(oh, and no..you are saying that, in an attempt to obfuscate)

It is a letter to the editor of a newspaper. It is not exactly a white paper coming out of a think tank staffed by educated policy wonks now is it?

(oh, and no..you are saying that, in an attempt to obfuscate)

After over 45 years reading white papers from think tanks like the Rand Corp who told LBJ to send hundreds of thousands of combat troops into Vietnam, I don't take these "Mr. Know It All's" that serious. All you have to do is look at America today.

I prefer to listen the the average common American not some "Know it All" intellectual who can't change a flat tire along the highway and has to call AAA.

If we had a parliamentary form of government like the UK, I would rather serve in the House of Commons than the House of Lords.

Maybe we should make new threads out of every crank letter to every newspaper in the country.

And if we had that Parliament everyday, as the British do, Obama and the Parliament could have "conversations" everyday and avoid this lunacy..
Dad told me LBJ was an "old pro" in deciding who to vote for.
I was only 10-YO at the time but do remeber the 'daisy' political ad.
After over 45 years reading white papers from think tanks like the Rand Corp who told LBJ to send hundreds of thousands of combat troops into Vietnam, I don't take these "Mr. Know It All's" that serious. All you have to do is look at America today.

I prefer to listen the the average common American not some "Know it All" intellectual who can't change a flat tire along the highway and has to call AAA.

If we had a parliamentary form of government like the UK, I would rather serve in the House of Commons than the House of Lords.

Maybe we should make new threads out of every crank letter to every newspaper in the country.

"Milllville Ohio man says, Get off my lawn!"
"Enid, OK woman" Fluoride is a communist conspiracy!"

And if we had that Parliament everyday, as the British do, Obama and the Parliament could have "conversations" everyday and avoid this lunacy..
Dad told me LBJ was an "old pro" in deciding who to vote for.
I was only 10-YO at the time but do remeber the 'daisy' political ad.

I remember the "Daisy" add.

Funny, back in 1960 the Presidental election was all about who was tougher against communist expansion in the world. Nixon actualy won the election but the corpses in Cook County thought JFK was tougher.

Back
Top Bottom