• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Letter from god

He acknowledges that this is a manipulation there at the end. Also did anyone else found Paul equalizing all religions as same but then emphasizing his (i.e., God's son) Jesus as a bit bias in favor of Christianity? There is no Jesus in other eastern religions like Hinduism or Budhism.

He acknowledges that this is a manipulation there at the end. Also did anyone else found Paul equalizing all religions as same but then emphasizing his (i.e., God's son) Jesus as a bit bias in favor of Christianity? There is no Jesus in other eastern religions like Hinduism or Budhism.

Buddha is kinda the Jesus between Hindu and Buddhism.

Old religion --> special person to explain it (Jesus, Muhammad, Buddha, etc) --> "new" religion.

There is no Jesus in other eastern religions like Hinduism or Budhism.

Duh! Jesus lived after the founding of those two religions.

Well of course he is emphasizing his. It is what he knows. Do you ask Gandhi to promote Western Christian thought? His message is that loving thy neighbor is not exclusive to one religion, and is found in many. If that be the case...then we should perhaps start living up to that expectation.

I noted that also. The Jesus of the Bible is cited as the only way to the Father (John 14:6); and that there's salvation in no other name (Acts 4:12). Buddha can't save anyone, and neither can Muhammad. Harvey forgot to mention that.

If God cares not of religion then he is my type of God. In that case no need for religion. This goes along with his son mentioned in religion also. A bit conflicting Paul in that.

But I am afraid I must leave you to it. I will not be available for a week. See ya after :)

I noted that also. The Jesus of the Bible is cited as the only way to the Father (John 14:6); and that there's salvation in no other name (Acts 4:12). Buddha can't save anyone, and neither can Muhammad. Harvey forgot to mention that.

He wasn't talking about that part. He was talking about loving thy neighbor. Is that a Christian exclusive concept?

As a point of clarification, Buddhists don't believe in salvation. Further, Buddha was a man not a deity.

As a point of clarification, Buddhists don't believe in salvation. Further, Buddha was a man not a deity.

Maybe not in the way Christians think of salvation. However, Buddhists are seeking release from the cycle of death and rebirth, hoping to achieve Nirvana (merging with The Brahman i.e. "Supreme Being") forever. That would be a form of heavenly eternal bliss. Just saying. :)

Last edited:
Maybe not in the way Christians think of salvation. However, Buddhists are seeking release from the cycle of death and rebirth, hoping to achieve Nirvana (merging with The Brahman i.e. "Supreme Being") forever. That would be a form of heavenly eternal bliss. Just saying. :)

Absolutely, Buddhists want to end the cycle of suffering, death and rebirth.

Absolutely, Buddhists want to end the cycle of suffering, death and rebirth.

Oh, and I meant to add that Buddhists believe that each person must end his or her own cycle of suffering, death and rebirth. It comes from within.

Oh, and I meant to add that Buddhists believe that each person must end his or her own cycle of suffering, death and rebirth. It comes from within.

One of my favorite quotes from Christian thought: "Physician, heal thyself".

One of my favorite quotes from Christian thought: "Physician, heal thyself".

Oh, you reminded me about a book that I believe you will enjoy. It's a novel, by a wise and learned author. It's called The Breath of God. I just finished it. I found it thought provoking and a good adventure story to boot. Here are the first four chapters in pdf.

Oh, you reminded me about a book that I believe you will enjoy. It's a novel, by a wise and learned author. It's called The Breath of God. I just finished it. I found it thought provoking and a good adventure story to boot. Here are the first four chapters in pdf.

Excellent- thanks! :)

Back
Top Bottom