• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Let's talk Turkey. (thanksgiving hints and tips)

sides... mashed and baked potato... baked sweet potato... asparagus wrapped in Prosciutto (pay for the good stuff, not the domestic crap)... sausage & oyster stuffing.. cranberry sauce (easy to make)

Dessert is more turkey :)

i forgot a 0 thats sear at 1000 degrees F. :thumbs:

It truly is the last grill/smoker one will buy.... I have 3.

Now you tell me. I was up all nite trying to sear my steak at 100 degrees. :mrgreen:

This is how Turkey is DONE!

b7a0103f.jpg

never had a problem with that.

I don't stuff... I truss the legs slightly above the cavity opening to allow the heat in... I use a digital thermometer in the thickest part of the breast, and cook at 325 degrees until the breast reaches 160 degrees... then out of the oven, cover loosly with foil, throw a dish towel or two over it, and let the internal teemp rise to 168-170 degrees (new USDA recommendations are for min. of 165 degrees across the board, no more diff temps for breast and thigh).

Been doing it this way for 20 years, never ****ed it up once.

Now 21 years without a ****ed up bird.

Damn, I'm good ;)

64002603.jpg

e534ec33.jpg

Dual eggs, controlled wifi down to the degree... In a snowstorm made it all that much better. :thumbs:

bah... skin is horrid when cooked in a bag....

I usually brine, stuff, then cook at 375...

Spray it down with "can't believe it's not butter" which makes delicious crispy skin. :thumbs:

cooked at 325 and basted with beer. the best.

325 out of a bag doesn't give proper skin, In the bag I cant imagine it anything but rubbery.. Do you take it out to crisp the skin or anything?

yes, it does. just uncover it the last hour. and it's always very juicy. NO BAGS! rub olive oil on the skin before i roast it, salt and pepper, use onion and celery inside, and baste frequently with beer (1 bottle).....makes awesome, rich gravy. cook at 325, 15 minutes per pound.

Back
Top Bottom