• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Let's talk Turkey. (thanksgiving hints and tips)

ReverendHellh0und

I don't respect you.
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
How do you get the breast meat done at the same time as the legs and thighs?

Take two, gallon sized bags of ice, place them on the breasts for 20 mins before you put the turkey (with out bags dumbass) in the oven.

What this does is lower the tempurature of the breast meat so that the time for it to come up to temp will be stalled long enough to be done about the same time as the thigh.

This Awesomeness, brought to you of course by the Greatness that is The Good Reverend. Thank me very much. :pimpdaddy:

I just cook it in a bag.

bah... skin is horrid when cooked in a bag....

I usually brine, stuff, then cook at 375...

Spray it down with "can't believe it's not butter" which makes delicious crispy skin. :thumbs:

I just take it out of the bag and use a lighter and a can of cooking spray. :lol:

Thanks for the tips!

I just take it out of the bag and use a lighter and a can of cooking spray. :lol:

Thanks for the tips!

*****!

propane-torch-holder-134074.jpg

:2razz:

You will never have a better turkey than when you use a roaster. We have the NESCO Electric Roaster Oven 18-Quart Stainless Steel Turkey Roaster Oven and we love the speed at which it cooks the turkey and the moistness that comes with it. Slow cooking a turkey in an oven zaps it of all its juices. A much faster cooking in a roaster leaves the juices in the bird and cookes everything evenly and perfectly. Three hours for 21 pounds. All you need is your favorite spices and the turkey will be perfect.

On the negative side, it does take up some room in the closet for the other 364 days a year. But the turkey comes out so perfect.

You will never have a better turkey than when you use a roaster. We have the NESCO Electric Roaster Oven 18-Quart Stainless Steel Turkey Roaster Oven and we love the speed at which it cooks the turkey and the moistness that comes with it. Slow cooking a turkey in an oven zaps it of all its juices. A much faster cooking in a roaster leaves the juices in the bird and cookes everything evenly and perfectly. Three hours for 21 pounds. All you need is your favorite spices and the turkey will be perfect.

On the negative side, it does take up some room in the closet for the other 364 days a year. But the turkey comes out so perfect.

IMG_1442.jpg

This is the Good Reverend's "turkey roaster" :pimpdaddy:

I cook it in a bag and it stays very juicy.

never had a problem with that.

I don't stuff... I truss the legs slightly above the cavity opening to allow the heat in... I use a digital thermometer in the thickest part of the breast, and cook at 325 degrees until the breast reaches 160 degrees... then out of the oven, cover loosly with foil, throw a dish towel or two over it, and let the internal teemp rise to 168-170 degrees (new USDA recommendations are for min. of 165 degrees across the board, no more diff temps for breast and thigh).

Been doing it this way for 20 years, never ****ed it up once.

sweet setup dude. Next year for sure...lol.. I keep promising myself I'll try it.

I have a new dual tempurature controller now, with wifi that I control from my laptop or iphone.

The Big Green Egg is a game changer. :pimpdaddy:

I have a new dual tempurature controller now, with wifi that I control from my laptop or iphone.

The Big Green Egg is a game changer. :pimpdaddy:

D'uh, you're so stoopid, Rev. That green egg is supposed to cook ham. :2razz:

Take two, gallon sized bags of ice, place them on the breasts for 20 mins before you put the turkey (with out bags dumbass) in the oven.

What this does is lower the tempurature of the breast meat so that the time for it to come up to temp will be stalled long enough to be done about the same time as the thigh.

This Awesomeness, brought to you of course by the Greatness that is The Good Reverend. Thank me very much. :pimpdaddy:

Well, Good Reverend, I cook it another way. It's my mom's recipe, and not only is Thanksgiving Turkey Dinner absolutely delicious, but the leftovers are to die for. I buy a Butterball, but any frozen turkey will do.

Follow the directions on the label, with the following exception: add 2-2-1/2 inches of water into the bottom of the roasting pan. Put inone stick of butter. Cut up celery and onion and add it to the water. Cook as directed. It will be a picture perfect bird on Thanksgiving Day, and the wonderful, delicious juices will make sure the leftovers are out of this world.

You can use some of the juice to make great gravy...and the rest to include with the leftovers so when you reheat the turkey, well, can you say, yummy???

Dude grab the remote get off the food channel!!!

Ben yapmam teşekkürler veren.

Do I need to ask what is artificial about Thanksgiving? Because if you are going to give me the trite answer of how the Indians have nothing to be thankful for or white people are nothing but murderous thugs, I think I'd rather you just didn't say anything.

Do I need to ask what is artificial about Thanksgiving? Because if you are going to give me the trite answer of how the Indians have nothing to be thankful for or white people are nothing but murderous thugs, I think I'd rather you just didn't say anything.

It was actually meant to say "I don't do thanksgiving", but the internet translator sucks, and that was the closest I got to it.

That's an awful lot of work when you can buy the same thing for less. But, pretty slick none the less.

Same what?

I can maintain temp in any weather for 24 hrs plus on 1 load of lump.... Direct grilling up to 100+ degrees for steakhouse sear down to 225 and lower with indirect smoking of the finest bbq.

You cant beat the egg and its used more than once a year. ;)

It's a

Smoker
Grill
Oven
Tandorri
Brick oven

Etc etc.

(i also have a lynx grill, its been regate mostly to a food warmer.) :pimpdaddy:

Last edited:
If you reallly want to make something special, The Home Brewed Chef's latest episode is all about cooking a fantastic Thanksgiving dinner. It's full of great hints on how to cook your turkey right, with recipes for side dishes etc. There is also an associated page on the website full of links to recipes and all sortts of other information about cooking a good Thanksgiving dinner.

I am telling you: dirty rice is a good side dish:)

Same what?

I can maintain temp in any weather for 24 hrs plus on 1 load of lump.... Direct grilling up to 100+ degrees for steakhouse sear down to 225 and lower with indirect smoking of the finest bbq.

You cant beat the egg and its used more than once a year. ;)

It's a

Smoker
Grill
Oven
Tandorri
Brick oven

Etc etc.

(i also have a lynx grill, its been regate mostly to a food warmer.) :pimpdaddy:

I don't have one, but I heard they're awesome indeed.

i forgot a 0 thats sear at 1000 degrees F. :thumbs:

It truly is the last grill/smoker one will buy.... I have 3.

Back
Top Bottom