• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Let's Talk About Corruption Hypocrisy

Luckyone

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I am so tired of the hypocrisy used by Republicans screaming about corruption in the present Biden government (in order to dethrone the existing people in power) while having supported wholesale corruption in the previous Trump government and all the other times that the Republicans were in office.

Corruption in the Republican party is historic and repetitive;

Here is a better explanation of this:

The Corruption of the Republican Party​

Why has the Republican Party become so thoroughly corrupt? The reason is historical—it goes back many decades—and, in a way, philosophical. The party is best understood as an insurgency that carried the seeds of its own corruption from the start. Republicans have chosen contraction and authoritarianism because, unlike the Democrats, their party isn’t a coalition of interests in search of a majority. Its character is ideological. The Republican Party we know is a product of the modern conservative movement, and that movement is a series of insurgencies against the established order. Several of its intellectual founders—Whittaker Chambers and James Burnham, among others—were shaped early on by Communist ideology and practice, and their Manichean thinking, their conviction that the salvation of Western civilization depended on the devoted work of a small group of illuminati, marked the movement at its birth.

The article above is certainly supported by these 3 Republican Presidents (Reagan, Nixon, and Harding):

Who were the most corrupt administrations in American history?

and then came Trump

Trump's unmatched sleaze: Grifters, women, trampling Constitution and now G-7 at Doral

How Trump Corrupted the American Presidency in Every Imaginable Way

Ten Reasons Trump is the Most Corrupt President in U.S. History

So when Trumpers and Republicans start to talk about corruption in the Biden presidency, I have to wonder if the word Hypocrisy is known to them.

Trumpers are scum and they point fingers.

You are both wrong, as usual.

To all rational persons, Trump has been one of the most disgusting people in the modern age. Try as I must, I still can't find one decent human characteristic
in the man's personality. Remember the saying? "I never met a man that I didn't like" Well, that crap went down the drain...

You are both wrong, as usual.
You are "both" wrong? Wow, did you notice that the OP is not an opinion piece but an analysis by historians, evaluators, and knowledgeable about corruption people. As such, you cannot use the word "both" as the amount of people involved in the evaluation is many, many, many, and more many that just two of us. In fact, I would say that at least 60% of American (the number of people not in Trump's cult) think that corruption in Trumps administration is the worst ever (that means that at least 200 million people agree (not just two).

In addition, this is not just about Trump OP, but about corruption in the Republican party and there, we are talking about factual and proven events where corruption was high............especially compared to the Democrat presidencies. In simple words, Republicans in general have been proven to be more corrupt than Democrats given that the Republicans do not depend on a majority to be corrupt, they are corrupt by themselves. It is easier to be corrupt with a few involved than be corrupt with millions involved.

So, your OP is pure biased BS that has no basis on fact. In simple words, prove that we are wrong!!!!!

You are "both" wrong? Wow, did you notice that the OP is not an opinion piece but an analysis by historians, evaluators, and knowledgeable about corruption people. As such, you cannot use the word "both" as the amount of people involved in the evaluation is many, many, many, and more many that just two of us. In fact, I would say that at least 60% of American (the number of people not in Trump's cult) think that corruption in Trumps administration is the worst ever (that means that at least 200 million people agree (not just two).

In addition, this is not just about Trump OP, but about corruption in the Republican party and there, we are talking about factual and proven events where corruption was high............especially compared to the Democrat presidencies. In simple words, Republicans in general have been proven to be more corrupt than Democrats given that the Republicans do not depend on a majority to be corrupt, they are corrupt by themselves. It is easier to be corrupt with a few involved than be corrupt with millions involved.

So, your OP is pure biased BS that has no basis on fact. In simple words, prove that we are wrong!!!!!
So you are saying your wrongness is based on delusional thought.

Here's an article that I happened upon which appears to be written by a non-partisan, which tells you all you need to know about Republican administrations vs. Democratic ones when it comes to asking which ones are/were more corrupt. The graphs don't even include Trump's administration which, apparently, had more instances of corruption in his first two years than all others combined.

https://rantt.com/gop-admins-had-38-times-more-criminal-convictions-than-democrats-1961-2016

To all rational persons, Trump has been one of the most disgusting people in the modern age. Try as I must, I still can't find one decent human characteristic
in the man's personality. Remember the saying? "I never met a man that I didn't like" Well, that crap went down the drain...

His supporters here cannot give one social redeeming value of Trump. They couldn't at the last debate website I was on.

Here's an article that I happened upon which appears to be written by a non-partisan, which tells you all you need to know about Republican administrations vs. Democratic ones when it comes to asking which ones are/were more corrupt. The graphs don't even include Trump's administration which, apparently, had more instances of corruption in his first two years than all others combined.

https://rantt.com/gop-admins-had-38-times-more-criminal-convictions-than-democrats-1961-2016
Thanks for that link. It certainly supports the OP.

So you are saying your wrongness is based on delusional thought.
Your wrongness definitely is. You are delusional in thinking (and saying) that we were wrong regarding corruption in the Trump administration...........and all the other Republicans presidents.

Back
Top Bottom