• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Let's see the post-Roe plan

grainbelt

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I get it. They want to reverse/undo the RoeVWade decision. They want to ban abortion. What is the reality that comes after? How do they think things will unfold? They should show us this plan before we commit to something so earth shaking.

I don't like abortion and want to minimize it. I just don't think the way they are going about it is reasonable or will lead to their desired outcomes. And I really don't think they are calculating the broader effects of a hard conservative majority in the high court.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I get it. They want to reverse/undo the RoeVWade decision. They want to ban abortion. What is the reality that comes after? How do they think things will unfold? They should show us this plan before we commit to something so earth shaking.

I don't like abortion and want to minimize it. I just don't think the way they are going about it is reasonable or will lead to their desired outcomes. And I really don't think they are calculating the broader effects of a hard conservative majority in the high court.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Abortion was legal is several states prior to 1973. I guess we would go back to that.

Abortion will never be banned. If there were 9 Constitutional justices and zero leftist activist judges, they still wouldnt overturn Roe V Wade. Its all just political theater.

Abortion will never be banned. If there were 9 Constitutional justices and zero leftist activist judges, they still wouldnt overturn Roe V Wade. Its all just political theater.

That's why ever decision involving attempts to chip away at abortion is a 9-0 ruling striking down the restrictive law, right? Oh wait. They aren't all 9-0, not even close. The right has eroded over time.

There are judges out there who want to and would strike it down. There are many more that would chip it away until only a tiny bit is left. Both would be quite bad for women.

I've asked this question forever. I never get an answer.

I don't think they really want it overturned. It's too big a political wedge issue that they depend on to get a massive amount of votes from evangelicals who (many) aren't really Christian.

I get it. They want to reverse/undo the RoeVWade decision. They want to ban abortion. What is the reality that comes after?

It returns to being a state issue. Blue states continue to legalize it, and red states ban it, which some have almost done as a practical matter already.

Back
Top Bottom