• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Let's put the Capitol "riot" in perspective

What sane person could think occupying the Capitol building would lead to the overthrow of the Federal government? And a person would have to be insane to think 100s of protesters believed that

The deaths of the VP and the legislature wouldn't have that effect?

Twitter actually blocks people who do that. Remember all that whining you right wingers have been doing about "censorship?"

Not the organization of this protest. It was all on Twitter, Facebook and YouTube.

You think they went to the chambers of Congress during a vote to certify Joe Biden's victory to agree and peacefully cheer on Biden's certification?

What sane person could think that?

Ill wait here while you busy yourself slaying the strawmen of your own creation.

So how many here have attended college, or even high school? Did you ever go to parties? Did you ever go to one of those parties where everything was going along really well? The music was blaring, people were feeling good. There were guys meeting girls and girls meeting guys and everyone was loose and having a great time.

Then a few more people showed up.

This group was a little bit more boisterous and next thing you know there's people doing shots. Then there's some guy being hung upside down over the keg and some chick has her boobs out. That's all good too but you just kind of know....there it goes! A couple of guys just got in a fight and now there's a broken window and the cops are on their way.

That's kind of the dynamic we saw in DC last week. You had a few people that took things a lot farther than need be and a lot that just kind of got caught up in the moment. It wasn't any kind of "planned attack" (outside of maybe a few that really did want to do some damage) and wasn't intended to do anything other than make a political statement. It was over in a few hours and there wasn't any "occupation" or any resurgence of the attacks the next day. There wasn't even a resurgence that night! The "riot" never took to the streets and it damned sure didn't break out across the nation.

The media, left, right and middle, would have you believe that this was the equivalent of the storming of the Bastille but it wasn't. It wasn't even close. It was a good time that got out of hand and that's all it was.
I’ve been to a bunch of college but even with the ones that I don’t remember clearly I’m reasonably sure I didn’t try to overthrow the government.

And the “few who really wanted to do damage” make all the difference in the world. If it makes ya feel better they can charge the non serious ones with trespass, destruction of government property, potentially assault and murder, instead of insurrection. That’ll still put most of them in the Federal pen for a few years - except the guys who killed the cop who like the serious ones need to disappear down a dark hole forever.

5ff8cd50e6fc7.image.jpg

This is another goober arrested. They have him on video setting fires in the capitol building.

Ill wait here while you busy yourself slaying the strawmen of your own creation.

Why do you think they went into the chambers of congress during the certification vote with zip cuffs?

Just good ol' boys
Never meanin' no harm.

What is the the dukes of hazard defense?

Why do you think they went into the chambers of congress during the certification vote with zip cuffs?

I dont know why 2 guys had zip ties. They were the only ones in the chamber. Why did the other 497 not have them?

I dont know why 2 guys had zip ties. They were the only ones in the chamber. Why did the other 497 not have them?

Name one scenario in which those zip cuffs weren't intended for something treasonous.

Name one scenario in which those zip cuffs weren't intended for something treasonous.

I cant think of even one that would. Zip tieing isnt an act of war.

Back
Top Bottom