• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Let's Play a Game: It's April 20th, 2021 and They're Announcing the Verdict - Except Trump won and is still on Twitter

AFrench2

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
What is the Tweet from President Trump regarding the George Floyd trial decision?

GO

"Very fine people on both sides, the Justice covfefe lost a beautiful cop today."

TOTALLY CORRUPT DEMOCRAT JUDGE! JURY TAINTED BY CRAZY MAXINE! BRAVE COPS EVERYWHERE NOW WON’T WANT TO KILL BLACK PEOPLE!

I'd prefer not to think about what that uber bastard would do, if it's all the same to you.

TOTALLY CORRUPT DEMOCRAT JUDGE! JURY TAINTED BY CRAZY MAXINE! BRAVE COPS EVERYWHERE NOW WON’T WANT TO KILL BLACK PEOPLE!

Do you think this verdict may get good cops killed when they fear to act and become prey?

Do you think this verdict may get good cops killed when they fear to act and become prey?

It’s funny that you don’t ask that of the behavior that brought about the verdict. Does accountability create unsafe conditions for police officers?

What is the Tweet from President Trump regarding the George Floyd trial decision?

GO
Trump would tweet: " this was a travesty of justice. If a police officer gets convicted for subduing a violent felon, no one's going to want to be police anymore. It's a very sad day for America"....

Trump can't tweet any more nor should he. It would only give them legitimacy which by their own standards they don't deserve.

"Guilty" verdict only on account of #ANTIFA and #BLM terrorist threats to burn America's BEAUTIFUL cities to the ground. JUSTICE MUST BE SERVED"

It’s funny that you don’t ask that of the behavior that brought about the verdict. Does accountability create unsafe conditions for police officers?

It is extremists that drive the masses to reasoned positive change, of this there is consensus. I will accept that your extremist view has positive consequence.

It is extremists that drive the masses to reasoned positive change, of this there is consensus. I will accept that your extremist view has positive consequence.

621CCD49-4F61-4AE9-8426-0434A639E2ED.jpeg

Extremism is knowing what we know now, reading the above, and still insisting the gap between is just an outlier.

Are you parodying that absurd and ugly position with bitter sardonics, or are you seriously suggesting that punishing a shitbag cop who casually murdered a dude on TV by kneeling on his neck for nearly three full minutes after learning his ****ing heart stopped beating is going to get "good cops" or even any cops killed?

Because the latter would be batshit. Who the hell is going to get killed? Why is it a bad thing for a cop to have to worry that if he might be convicted of murder for murdering a black dude?

Then again, I do recall reading some posts by you in another thread on the topic, in which you were also shouting down from that horse at people for allegedly being too happy that the verdicts were guilty. And then...this

I'd say the reaction is most unhealthy.
Blacks on TV already complaining that it's just one conviction, they are not happy.
what a surprise. o_O

So, which is it really? Are you in the he had it coming camp? Or the he had it coming LITE camp (aka, "it was the drugs that killed him!")?

Calling a spade a spade is not extremist. Chauvin murdered Floyd, and if Trump were still a president with a twitter account, he'd be whipping his base up into a rage over the fact that Chauvin will have to pay his due.

This is an awful example of a Trump tweet. You can do better

Trump defeats satire. If a professional comic can't do it well, what the hell am I gonna do?

🤷

If Trump were pres, he would be calling for the militias to storm the court house, but with his usual sprinkling of waffling language for deniability.

Are you parodying that absurd and ugly position with bitter sardonics, or are you seriously suggesting that punishing a shitbag cop who casually murdered a dude on TV by kneeling on his neck for nearly three full minutes after learning his ****ing heart stopped beating is going to get "good cops" or even any cops killed?

Because the latter would be batshit. Who the hell is going to get killed? Why is it a bad thing for a cop to have to worry that if he might be convicted of murder for murdering a black dude?

Then again, I do recall reading some posts by you in another thread on the topic, in which you were also shouting down from that horse at people for allegedly being too happy that the verdicts were guilty. And then...this

So, which is it really? Are you in the he had it coming camp? Or the he had it coming LITE camp (aka, "it was the drugs that killed him!")?

Calling a spade a spade is not extremist. Chauvin murdered Floyd, and if Trump were still a president with a twitter account, he'd be whipping his base up into a rage over the fact that Chauvin will have to pay his due.

Chauvin displayed a disregard for humanity. He was found guilty of murder and will die in prison. I am fine with this. I think it warranted.

I simply do not applaud bloodlust which is in part what is occurring.

I think justice, and this was justice, should always be deliberate and prudent. Something that is dutifully done, not celebrated.
I respect differing opinions but I don't think one can make a resoned case that celebration in such circumstance is healthy.

peace

Their job is to protect and serve. Do you think secret service agents just start blasting away when they perceive a dangerous threat? Their job is not to be scared of everything so badly they shoot first and ask questions later. We need to get rid of the ready, shoot, aim thinking.

We need to get rid of the ready, shoot, aim thinking.

I have seen no evidence that this is a problem.

I have read countless emotional claims similar to this.

Show me the numbers, in context.

“What happened to General Michael Flynn Derek Chauvin, a war police hero, should never be allowed to happen to a citizen of the United States again!”

Back
Top Bottom