• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Let's not pretend David Perdue wasn't being racist about Kamala Harris

well what is racist? when trump called mexicans rapists and drug dealers was that racist or just being a dick. When goerge allen called an indian guy macca, was that being a dick or racist?
he never called them rapists or drug dealers.

I have no idea what your other example is. What the hell is a macca? You mean redskin?

he never called them rapists or drug dealers.

I have no idea what your other example is. What the hell is a macca? You mean redskin?
I have no idea what it means. Racism isn't usually smart. Are you really going to try to deny what trump said?

I have no idea what it means. Racism isn't usually smart. Are you really going to try to deny what trump said?
there's nothing to defend. Trump never said "all mexicans are rapists".

That is not the same thing, obviously. It was about his middle name being the same as a terrorist dictator's last name. It had nothing to do with being half black.
It was an attempt to make him seem foreign. It's the same.

there's nothing to defend. Trump never said "all mexicans are rapists".
he said all mexicans that come here are rapist and the good ones stay in mexico.

"When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending their best. They're not sending you. They're not sending you. They're sending people that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems with us. They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists."

comma-la

If Sen. David Perdue (R-GA) can't handle pronouncing that name without the racial overtones, then he belongs nowhere near the US Capitol building in D.C.
LOL Kamala press secretary cries "racist" and all the good little libs join the chorus. You guys pavlovian responses are historical.

All the democrats have..... Identity politics!

Biden is sinking as we get closer to November 3rd!

Trump is barnstorming the country and Biden has a lid on it for 4 days.
2016 all over! :cool:

It was an attempt to make him seem foreign. It's the same.

Nonsense. His first and last name made him seem foreign without anyone knowing his middle name. During each oath of office, it was replaced with the initial H. There is no reason to think it was not specifically about matching the last name of Iraq's dictator.

That is not the same thing, obviously. It was about his middle name being the same as a terrorist dictator's last name. It had nothing to do with being half black.
Come on, really?

So when the commies call the President "Rump" or "Drumf" that's racist then?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

The Khmer Rouge would be a laugh riot, if not for the plastic bags and killing fields they have planned...

Commies? Only the uttering of this word in this sentence shows you have a really unusual world view. Drumpf was the original name of his family before they changed it. Poking fun at Donny boy isn't racist, not sure it is funny either but it is not racist.

And Rump? It may be childish but how on earth is that something racist? You are just reaching for ridiculous things to justify the semi racist comments of Perdue.

Kamala Harris said that is how to pronounce her name when Joe Biden introduced her as his running mate. Republicans watching the Amy Barrett confirmation hearing obviously know how to say it too. And don't forget millions of voters watched thee impeachment trial she participated in. I would expect everyone who cares enough about national politics to know it is comma-la.

David Perdue has no reason to assume just because Kamala sounds like a foreign name, mispronouncing it is acceptable. Nobody said the name Barack Obama wrong in 2004.

He is even in the senate committee on Budget with Kamala Harris. So he has been in a committee room at least a dozen (maybe even 20 times if both senators came to all committee hearings) with Kamala so he has no excuse making fun of her name for racist reasons.

Commies? Only the uttering of this word in this sentence shows you have a really unusual world view. Drumpf was the original name of his family before they changed it. Poking fun at Donny boy isn't racist, not sure it is funny either but it is not racist.

And Rump? It may be childish but how on earth is that something racist? You are just reaching for ridiculous things to justify the semi racist comments of Perdue.

Camela was the name COMALA went by for 30 years.

All the faux outrage and sheiks of RACIST by the moron commies is just the typical fascist bullshit and demagoguery we expect from the democrats.

If a democrat calls you racist, spit in their face..

All the faux outrage and sheiks of RACIST by the moron commies is just the typical fascist bullshit and demagoguery we expect from the democrats.

There is no Camala, but keep posting nonsense.

So your complaint about democrats being fascist and demagoguery is made by a person defending the racist pronouncing of a name in defense of a semi fascist orange leader and a party that is the pinnacle of everything you accuse the democrats of? You people who do not know what facts and commies are really crack me up 🤣

You mean like the idiots on the right who cough in the face of people wearing masks? Again, Trumpists are totally devoid of any sense of reason.

She's his running mate and he doesn't know how to pronounce her name?

Are you kidding me?

He knows how to say her name and does say it correctly every time.

We will try. But voter suppression is strong here. Our Rethuglican governor stole his own election and is illegitimate.

The fact that Stacy Abrams nearly won Georgia's governor race should tell you the state is turning blue. I think there is a realistic chance David Perdue will lose.

Sorry, but they do have funny made-up names and that is their racism showing loud and clear. Minorities used to be named Tom, Dick and Harry just like the rest of us. The intentional renaming of their offspring with the intent to avoid names associated with white America is based on their racist attitudes toward whites. Yes, they are free to do this and I am free to point out the racism involved.

You use racism to justify racism. :rolleyes: Your argument sucks like a bucket of ticks.

Sorry, but they do have funny made-up names and that is their racism showing loud and clear. Minorities used to be named Tom, Dick and Harry just like the rest of us. The intentional renaming of their offspring with the intent to avoid names associated with white America is based on their racist attitudes toward whites. Yes, they are free to do this and I am free to point out the racism involved.

No, minorities used to have minority names. For example, no African illegally and unwillingly taken from their homes/country/family was called Tom, Dick or Harry. They had African names, first and I guess last names. But when they were forcibly sold into slavery, they not only lost their language, they lost their homes, their family, their traditions, their religions and their freedom, but also their names. That was a racist thing to do. Americans are proud of their minority traditions and all that comes with that. It is not that the first Dutch/German/Italian/Irish were met at Ellis Island and were robbed of their names, but when the Africans came into slavery in the US their names were changed.

And since the civil rights movement some African Americans have decided to ditch their forced christian names tradition in favor of names that are more inline with their original traditions or names they though sounded anything but "white".

And that is not racist, the racist thing was giving them other names, not them now using names they feel comfortable with.

I think you might actually be nuts. Ignore, so no further conversation desired, but please consider the possibility and please consider seeking help from a mental health professional.

he said all mexicans that come here are rapist and the good ones stay in mexico.
No he didn't.
"When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending their best. They're not sending you. They're not sending you. They're sending people that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems with us. They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists."
Right. The policies of mexico have allowed human trafficking to grow on the border, and cause problems that WE, including hispanic americans(I would say especially hispanic americans) have to deal with.

Perhaps what he said wasn't so "sensitive", but he doesn't have to be sensitive. He didn't say that all mexicans who come here are rapists. Only that Mexico are encouraging these criminals and drug deals to come here.

I think you might actually be nuts. Ignore, so no further conversation desired, but please consider the possibility and please consider seeking help from a mental health professional.
no, he's right. Every freaking democrat, including Barak Obama can't even say Kamala right, no one on the left is calling them racist for it, because it's just inconveniant to their narrative

no, he's right. Every freaking democrat, including Barak Obama can't even say Kamala right, no one on the left is calling them racist for it, because it's just inconveniant to their narrative
He's right to be blathering about "commies" and spitting in people's faces? Or are you saying he has a coherent point if one just looks beyond the raving hate?

Back
Top Bottom