• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Let's not pretend David Perdue wasn't being racist about Kamala Harris

Rogue Valley

Lead or get out of the way
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

10/18/20
Sen. David Perdue, a Georgia Republican who is facing a tight reelection battle, intentionally mispronounced Sen. Kamala Harris' name at a Friday rally in Macon, Georgia, where he took the stage before introducing President Donald Trump. Does anybody aside from Trump's toxic base find this racist behavior funny? The answer is no. Sabrina Singh, Harris' press secretary, was quick to call out Perdue's behavior. "Well that is incredibly racist," she said on Twitter, urging voters to cast their ballots for his Democratic rival Jon Ossoff. A spokeswoman for Perdue's campaign pathetically attempted to gaslight and defend the senator's remarks. "Senator Perdue simply mispronounced Senator Harris' name, and he didn't mean anything by it," said Casey Black. Black can keep her attempt to spin for her boss because too many immigrants and people of color across America have personal and painful stories of being bullied over our names. As the clip of Perdue quickly became viral online, people of color started sharing their traumatic experiences of being "otherized."

The point is we all have our own Perdue story. People with different and "ethnic" sounding names have all been ridiculed and mocked. That's why watching Perdue go after Harris triggered many of us because our names are a fundamental part of our identity. They tell the story of not only who we are but where we came from. They tell the story of America. There is obviously also a larger dog-whistle at play here that's insinuating that names that sound foreign and non-White and are less American. But who gets to decide what names are American or not American enough? As much as Trump and his Republican admirers might seem to want to take us back to an America of the past, their outdated racism shtick is reeking of GOP desperation to win the election at any cost. Dear White Men: Learn how to pronounce Sen. Kamala Harris's name. She's not going anywhere --

comma-la

If Sen. David Perdue (R-GA) can't handle pronouncing that name without the racial overtones, then he belongs nowhere near the US Capitol building in D.C.

comma-la

If Sen. David Perdue (R-GA) can't handle pronouncing that name without the racial overtones, then he belongs nowhere near the US Capitol building in D.C.

It is embarrassing to have this guy as my Senator. Really hope that Ossoff can defeat him!

Things didn’t work out for George Allen in 2006.

comma-la

1603293708140.png

Only the racist repugs will say that that wasn't racist, if not a racist/sexist combo. Trump Klan Party repugs are trash.

So when the commies call the President "Rump" or "Drumf" that's racist then?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

The Khmer Rouge would be a laugh riot, if not for the plastic bags and killing fields they have planned...

comma-la

Sorry, but they do have funny made-up names and that is their racism showing loud and clear. Minorities used to be named Tom, Dick and Harry just like the rest of us. The intentional renaming of their offspring with the intent to avoid names associated with white America is based on their racist attitudes toward whites. Yes, they are free to do this and I am free to point out the racism involved.

Same goes for this idiot.

Let's stop pretending he's not a racist. He belongs nowhere near Washington.

Dimmycrat Klan TRASH.

Same goes for this idiot.

Let's stop pretending he's not a racist. He belongs nowhere near Washington.

Dimmycrat Klan TRASH.

If Biden had deliberately pronounced it Kamalamalamala in order to get laughs from the crowd maybe you would have a point. You know it's not the same, why are you defending this sh**?

If Biden had deliberately pronounced it Kamalamalamala in order to get laughs from the crowd maybe you would have a point. You know it's not the same, why are you defending this sh**?
She's his running mate and he doesn't know how to pronounce her name????

Are you kidding me?

comma-la

Kamala Harris said that is how to pronounce her name when Joe Biden introduced her as his running mate. Republicans watching the Amy Barrett confirmation hearing obviously know how to say it too. And don't forget millions of voters watched thee impeachment trial she participated in. I would expect everyone who cares enough about national politics to know it is comma-la.

David Perdue has no reason to assume just because Kamala sounds like a foreign name, mispronouncing it is acceptable. Nobody said the name Barack Obama wrong in 2004.

Last edited:
David Perdue has no reason to assume just because Kamala sounds like a foreign name, mispronouncing it is acceptable. Nobody said the name Barack Obama wrong in 2004.
You may have missed the unfortunate bit where the right insisted on calling him Barack Hussein Obama in 2008. The race baiting is regrettably nothing new.

You may have missed the unfortunate bit where the right insisted on calling him Barack Hussein Obama in 2008. The race baiting is regrettably nothing new.

That is not the same thing, obviously. It was about his middle name being the same as a terrorist dictator's last name. It had nothing to do with being half black.

Every instance of some guy being a dick:
The left: "Raycist".

At least Joe Biden TRIED to keep Kamala Harris from being able to attend schools with white kids. In fact, his first campaign was him running as a white segregationist. He came into office with the backing of the KKK and white segregationists. He still is.

Every instance of some guy being a dick:
The left: "Raycist".
well what is racist? when trump called mexicans rapists and drug dealers was that racist or just being a dick. When goerge allen called an indian guy macca, was that being a dick or racist?

At least Joe Biden TRIED to keep Kamala Harris from being able to attend schools with white kids. In fact, his first campaign was him running as a white segregationist. He came into office with the backing of the KKK and white segregationists. He still is.
Don't you support segregation? If so, why are you complaining?

Don't you support segregation? If so, why are you complaining?
I don't, but you do in your messages. You've made it clear you are voting for an old white segregationist.

I don't, but you do in your messages. You've made it clear you are voting for an old white segregationist.
Well you havent read my posts. I haven't decided who to vote for. I am not voting for trump but I dont really like biden either. My choice was buttigieg

comma-la

This is the gop of today. Racist, angry and emboldened thanks to trump and all his predecessors going back to reagan. All the dog whistles have become outright dangerous, now they just chant lock them up. This is forty percent of americans and when they lose this election they will swing further towards crazy right wing Q believers.

This cancer needs radiation before it spreads any further.

Back
Top Bottom