• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Lets go back in time

sawyerloggingon

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
Political Leaning
Independent
Lets say it's 100,000 years ago or thereabout. One cave man looks at the other cave man and says Holy S*** Igor, Lake Superior is thawing out every summer and the glacier seems to be moving north a bit every year. It seems like it is getting warmer to me. Lets sacrifice a virgin and bring the ice back before the world ends! :lol:

Lets say it's 100,000 years ago or thereabout. One cave man looks at the other cave man and says Holy S*** Igor, Lake Superior is thawing out every summer and the glacier seems to be moving north a bit every year. It seems like it is getting warmer to me. Lets sacrifice a virgin and bring the ice back before the world ends! :lol:

Getting tired of the chicken littles, are we? :lol:

Trying to stop a freight train with a feather.......

what is the debate

Were there lots of cavemen in North America 100,000 years ago?

what is the debate

More like, what is the point of this topic.

Were there lots of cavemen in North America 100,000 years ago?

I know you are trying to ignore my point with this comment but this subject is an interest of mine ever since Kennewick man was discovered sol I'll play along. In case you are unfamiliar that was a skull unearthed by the Columbia River that was not so called native American looking. It was found on tribal ground so they would not let it be studied and hastily buried it in a secret location. More and more evidence of a pre Indian European culture, cave men if you will has been found, much of it off shore under 100 feet of water which goes along with my ice age OP. The ocean levels were much much lower then. So now we are back to my point. The earth has been warming just about as long as man has been on it or at least since the last ice age so all this hyperactivity about the earth warming is absurd. I will be glad to talk more about North American cave men though if you want, I could go on all day.:lol:

I know you are trying to ignore my point with this comment but this subject is an interest of mine ever since Kennewick man was discovered sol I'll play along. In case you are unfamiliar that was a skull unearthed by the Columbia River that was not so called native American looking. It was found on tribal ground so they would not let it be studied and hastily buried it in a secret location. More and more evidence of a pre Indian European culture, cave men if you will has been found, much of it off shore under 100 feet of water which goes along with my ice age OP. The ocean levels were much much lower then. So now we are back to my point. The earth has been warming just about as long as man has been on it or at least since the last ice age so all this hyperactivity about the earth warming is absurd. I will be glad to talk more about North American cave men though if you want, I could go on all day.:lol:

Awesome. Now answer the question: Were there lots of cavemen in North America 100,000 years ago?

More like, what is the point of this topic.

Misrepresenting the debate.

I don't know what compels a person to troll one specific subforum for the entire two years he's a member. Even if I were so inclined to troll one topic in particular I'd get bored after a month. Gotta give Sawyer credit though: he's got staying power.

Awesome. Now answer the question: Were there lots of cavemen in North America 100,000 years ago?

I don't know why you want to act like a prick about this but I don't have a number for you just the fact that artifacts and bones dating back at least 50,000 years have been found. If you want to be technical and a prick it only takes two in order for the OP to make sense. Now do you get my point in the OP or not? You going to keep trying to change the subject?

Where can I get me some virgin?

Misrepresenting the debate.

I don't know what compels a person to troll one specific subforum for the entire two years he's a member. Even if I were so inclined to troll one topic in particular I'd get bored after a month. Gotta give Sawyer credit though: he's got staying power.

When you don't like the point an Op makes, when it makes you uncomfortable yell TROLL and head for the hills. :lol:

I don't know why you want to act like a prick about this but I don't have a number for you just the fact that artifacts and bones dating back at least 50,000 years have been found. If you want to be technical and a prick it only takes two in order for the OP to make sense. Now do you get my point in the OP or not? You going to keep trying to change the subject?

Actually I'm pretty curious too: what is the population of cavemen in that time and how reliant were they on the status quo for their food supply?

Is the answer to my question in that link?

Your question is very specific and little is known about a culture from that long ago but heres another link on my favorites list that is interesting . It seems Neanderthals were here too which was not known until very recently. Science marches on and grows. At one time "all the scientist" said cave men were never in the Americas. Sound vaguely familiar?:lol:

Your question is very specific and little is known about a culture from that long ago but heres another link on my favorites list that is interesting . It seems Neanderthals were here too which was not known until very recently. Science marches on and grows. At one time "all the scientist" said cave men were never in the Americas. Sound vaguely familiar?:lol:

Yes, you not understanding how science works sounds extremely familiar. If "all the scientists" said that cave men were never in the Americas, then what they were saying was that there was no evidence that cave men were in the Americas.

An important distinction I suspect may be lost on you.

Anyway, if you don't know how many neanderthals were in the Americas and what environment their food supply relied on, your OP doesn't make an ounce of sense.

Yes, you not understanding how science works sounds extremely familiar. If "all the scientists" said that cave men were never in the Americas, then what they were saying was that there was no evidence that cave men were in the Americas.

An important distinction I suspect may be lost on you.

Fair point but I'm sure you know what I meant. Warmers are always saying "all the scientist" agree which isn't true but this cave man thing proves all the scientist can be very wrong and just because there is a consensus does not in and of itself create fact. I am enjoying this discussion as the cave men in the Americas thing is kind of a hobby of mine but I have to get packing for my long weekend camp, kayak fishing trip. Have a good one yourself bud.:)

Climates change

That is not the point. The point it that humanity as it stands now has adapted to the current climatic conditions, from the food we grown and eat, to where we live. Should climatic change cause the amount of food grown to drop, then that will cause an increase in starvation. Should climatic change cause the rise in the seas to regularly food low lying areas (Florida, New Orleans, Venice, much of Bangledesh, then you can have mass human migration causing mass social unrest. Not to mention what could happen to the water supplies

Fair point but I'm sure you know what I meant. Warmers are always saying "all the scientist" agree which isn't true but this cave man thing proves all the scientist can be very wrong and just because there is a consensus does not in and of itself create fact. I am enjoying this discussion as the cave men in the Americas thing is kind of a hobby of mine but I have to get packing for my long weekend camp, kayak fishing trip. Have a good one yourself bud.:)

This analogy is terrible. You're comparing one situation (there is no evidence that neanderthals were in America) with another situation in which there is evidence of something (there is evidence that human activity contributes to global warming). I feel the need emphasize to you that stating that there is no evidence of something is not being wrong, it's being factually honest. To further clarify, it's not stating that evidence will never be found, it's stating the evidence, as yet, does not exist to us. This is as honest an approach as one can possibly take within the rigidity of science.

Since you felt the need to add "the world is coming to an end" to your OP you'd still need to show that the change in climate would prove as perilous to the cave men as a present change in environment could prove to us.

Have a good weekend.

Last edited:

Because I have not figured out the purpose of the OP actually. Could just be a whimsical random thought for all I know or a treatment for a comedy skit. If you want to be all serious about it: How would they know climate from an ice core sample? seems to me like if there were a period of unusual warming the ice could have melted and therefore not be represented in the ice sample and if one were to start with the assumption that the ice pack evolved over a certain period, one could be off thousands of years and have blindspots because the ice for an extended period did not form.

Uh...Kennewick man was 10,000 years old, not 100,000.

And do you think scientist who study climate don't understand ice ages?

It's the rate of the warming that's unprecedented, not the degree. If you don't understand that, you dont understand the issue.

Back
Top Bottom