• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Lets go back in time

It's the rate of the warming that's unprecedented, not the degree. If you don't understand that, you dont understand the issue.

There is nothing whatsoever unprecedented about the current warming or its rate of change as you were already shown in great detail elsewhere. If you had chosen to actually read what has been presented you would have already been unburdened from that bit of alarmist mythology.

Last edited:
Climates change
That is not the point. The point it that humanity as it stands now has adapted to the current climatic conditions, from the food we grown and eat, to where we live. Should climatic change cause the amount of food grown to drop, then that will cause an increase in starvation. Should climatic change cause the rise in the seas to regularly food low lying areas (Florida, New Orleans, Venice, much of Bangledesh, then you can have mass human migration causing mass social unrest. Not to mention what could happen to the water supplies

Theres a whole lot of things that 'could' happen and none of the ones you mention appear to be doing so. We'll adapt just like we always have to whatever eventually does happen because we are the most adaptable species ever to have existed . The only thing that might stop us are anti human environmentalists unburdening us of the resources to do so if we allow them free reign

Last edited:
There is nothing whatsoever unprecedented about the current warming or its rate of change as you were already shown in great detail elsewhere. If you had chosen to actually read what has been presented you would have already been unburdened from that bit of alarmist mythology.

1) you're wrong

2) I saw no 'great detail', especially on this subject.

3) virtually everyone who studies this issue disagrees with you.

1) you're wrong

2) I saw no 'great detail', especially on this subject.

3) virtually everyone who studies this issue disagrees with you.

Given you dont actually read whats presented to you you clearly dont have a clue what you are talking about. You are here to wave a flag and flip the bird to anyone disagreeing with you nothing more. Its a pulpit you need not a debating forum sadly :(

Last edited:
Even the proponents of global warming admit there hasn't been significant warming in recent 10 years. That's why they changed their warning to "climate change!"

Now if ANYTHING happens they can say, "Told You So!".

Seems to me warmers are somewhat like the stage magician who invited a member of the audience to hit him in the head with a sledge hammer. After 3 years in a coma, he revives.
His first words are "TA DA !" :)

Even the proponents of global warming admit there hasn't been significant warming in recent 10 years. That's why they changed their warning to "climate change!"

Now if ANYTHING happens they can say, "Told You So!".

Seems to me warmers are somewhat like the stage magician who invited a member of the audience to hit him in the head with a sledge hammer. After 3 years in a coma, he revives.
His first words are "TA DA !" :)

Yup . Hot or cold, Wet or dry they now have all the bases covered. The eco mentalists are making sure we take a big hit whatever happens.

The day I see them campaigning for anything that will remotely benefit the progress of humanity rather than the thinly veiled eugenic programmes and agendas it currently promotes will be a cold day in hell frankly. AGW is their latest big stick but they will have another lined up and waiting to replace it as it rapidly approaches its sell by date so dont ditch the eco hair shirt just yet :(

Lots of people in here feigning ignorance saying they don't get the OP. Let me esplain it to you Lucy. The two cavemen never knew anything but their local lake staying frozen year round and the glacier at a certain spot. When the lake started thawing and the glacier started receding they thought they must be the cause, they must have angered the gods and a sacrifice was needed to quell their rage. Now in this time frame we have people acting just as stupid with their reaction to the ice receding and the climate warming as it has done since the ice age ended. These modern cave men have the same reaction as their ancient ancestors, we must be causing this and we need to make a sacrifice to appease the gods only in this case its not a virgin led to the alter it is our economy and our way of life they want to sacrificially slaughter.

I don't know why you want to act like a prick about this but I don't have a number for you just the fact that artifacts and bones dating back at least 50,000 years have been found. If you want to be technical and a prick it only takes two in order for the OP to make sense. Now do you get my point in the OP or not? You going to keep trying to change the subject?

Ok.

Most primitive peoples worshipped the sun, obvious source of warmth.

So in your example, I suspect they would think their prayers for LESS ice had been answered.

Celebrating as opposed to trying to "fix".

Lots of people in here feigning ignorance saying they don't get the OP. Let me esplain it to you Lucy. The two cavemen never knew anything but their local lake staying frozen year round and the glacier at a certain spot. When the lake started thawing and the glacier started receding they thought they must be the cause, they must have angered the gods and a sacrifice was needed to quell their rage. Now in this time frame we have people acting just as stupid with their reaction to the ice receding and the climate warming as it has done since the ice age ended. These modern cave men have the same reaction as their ancient ancestors, we must be causing this and we need to make a sacrifice to appease the gods only in this case its not a virgin led to the alter it is our economy and our way of life they want to sacrificially slaughter.

That analogy makes complete sense if you intentionally ignore all tge science that has been done to establish the connection.

Kind of like how those caveman have thanks everytime the sun changed direction at the solstice, which we now know is due to the heliocentric model of the solar system. (Although maybe that hasn't been proven to your satisfaction yet, either...)

Back
Top Bottom