• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Let's discuss the Resurrection of Jesus

Resurrection

• The Resurrection IS the most likely theory on why Christianity is the biggest religion

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • The Resurrection IS NOT the most likely theory on why Christianity is the biggest religion

Votes: 15 75.0%

• Total voters
"Evidence," you are the last person to ask for that.

But since you were asinine enough to suggest this, what did you think happened under the Romans? You really think Emperor Constantine making Christianity legal throughout the Roman empire in 313 or eventually Rome outlawing every other religion by 391 had nothing to do with the success of Christianity?
why did it succeed after 300 years?

yes they do
Qur'an 4:157 "And [for] their saying, "Indeed, we have killed the Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, the messenger of Allah." And they did not kill him, nor did they crucify him; but [another] was made to resemble him to them. And indeed, those who differ over it are in doubt about it. They have no knowledge of it except the following of assumption. And they did not kill him, for certain." 158 "Rather, Allah raised him to Himself. And ever is Allah Exalted in Might and Wise."

"Al-Bukhaari (2222) and Muslim (155) narrated that Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “By the One in Whose hand is my soul, soon the son of Maryam will descend among you [according to another report: the Hour will not begin until the son of Maryam descends among you] as a just judge. He will break the cross, kill the pigs and abolish the jizyah, and money will become abundant until no one will accept it"'

Do explain your thoughts further.

Islam doesn't teach that, of course. Rather, we don't regard the Bible as holy. You also don't find Jesus (alaihi as-salam) ever claiming to be God or a special son of God in the Bible.

Let's stick to the issue, Val. Islam teaches that Jesus was a prophet, right? Does Islam teach Him to be a false prophet?

His story in Islam, yes. "His story" in the Bible, not.

Where did Islam get the story about Jesus. THE BIBLE!

Of course, the story of Jesus got tweaked to suit Islam.
Just like how Islam tweaked the story of Abraham (with Ishmael being the "promised heir," rather than Isaac).

i already did
you have not. you will not play this silly game where I challenge you, and you will claim you already have, but never provide the post number where you have.

It is interesting to note that, of the scholars interviewed for the documentary, all but James Tabor
(who believes it is the family tomb of Jesus) have since objected to the way their statements were
used and misrepresented.6
This, in and of itself, should give people pause in accepting the conclusions of the filmmakers.

Tosca1:

This a recent paper on the James Ossuary and its chemical links to the 9 remaining Ossuaries of the 10 taken into custody of the IAA in 1980. The tenth one disappeared under mysterious circumstances. The preamble and the conclusions are illuminating even if a reader can't follow the chemistry. The conclusions offer all sorts of possible confounding factors to explain why the surface chemistry of the James Ossuary is so similar to the Talpiot Tomb ossuaries and so different from all the other tombs found in and around Jerusalem. But using Ocham's razor the most likely reason is the James Ossuary was either in the Talpiot tomb when it was flooded and was removed before or during the discovery and examination of the tomb or it is the tenth and mysteriously missing ossuary which disappeared while in IAA custody. Science does not deal in certainties but rather probabilities. The probabilities of this being the Joseph of Nazareth tomb climb greatly if the James Ossuary is included in the Talpiot tomb's contents.

If the James Ossuary was part of the Talpiot Tomb contents, then the statistical probability that this tomb is some other family's tomb is astronomically low and therefore conversely the probability is very, very high that these are the ossuaries of the biblical Joseph of Nazareth family and this is their tomb. The existence of an ossuary with Jesus son of Joseph calls into question the story of the ressurrection from a corporeal perspective, because if Jesus's remains disappeared then why make and put an ossuary with his name in the tomb. Perhaps the resurrection simply involved leaving the remains behind, who can say? But there was very likely a body of a Jesus son of Joseph in that tomb and later after decomposition just bones in that ossuary. All the probabilities point to some fundamental errors in the telling of the resurrection of Jesus son of Joseph in First Century Jerusalem as told by the Gospels.

Of course the Gospel of Thomas "Didimus" tells us that Jesus was born a twin, so maybe there's some wiggle room! ;)

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.

We dealt with that.

Dealt with what? Islam teaches that Jesus was a FALSE prophet?
Can you explain please.

No, but from God.
:rolleyes:

How did it come from God?

Lol Val. Getting info is like pulling teeth from you.

Most scholars believe the gospel was composed between AD 80 and 90, with a range of possibility between AD 70 to 110; a pre-70 date remains a minority view. The work does not identify its author, and the early tradition attributing it to the apostle Matthew is rejected by modern scholars.

Nobody knows who wrote Mathew

Could that be any clearer.
No idea what point you were attempting to make here?

A plausible alternative is all I need offer. Something you or others have failed to do so far unless you consider fantastic claims such as rising from the dead to be plausible.
I have made good claims

you have not. you will not play this silly game where I challenge you, and you will claim you already have, but never provide the post number where you have.
i have proved everything

I have made good claims
Your claims require the use of magic and things that do not happen outside of what is written in the bible. It requires special pleading that something normally impossible has happened.

My alternative requires none of that. It relies on mundane events that we know can happen.

Your claim may be good, but mine is better.

Back
Top Bottom