• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Let's Define Our Terms

Advocacy groups use the umbrella because it's a good resource to help people understand that the old concept of transsexualism - typically middle aged MTF who had families and medically/surgically transitioned later in life, is not what is being discussed anymore. The umbrella shows a new understanding of the fact that transgender refers to anyone who defies sex/gender stereotypes.
Without the common understanding and agreement that there has been an enormous shift it's difficult to have a productive discussion.

maybe read the exchange slower so you can understand how my answer still stands and further grasp the factual mistake you are making and the confusion you are having
because again NOTHING you posted matters to the question i was asked and the answer i gave

here try again

-Question
Would you agree that the umbrella picture shared earlier in the thread is a good visual to help people understand?

-My ANswer:
no
i would suggest that if a person wants to "understand" they use medical science and or professional LGBT services sites like or similar to those I provided but there are others

-this answer confused you and i again stated
correct its not a good source to help people "understand" what transgender is

are you still confused?

maybe read the exchange slower so you can understand how my answer still stands and further grasp the factual mistake you are making and the confusion you are having
because again NOTHING you posted matters to the question i was asked and the answer i gave

here try again

-Question
Would you agree that the umbrella picture shared earlier in the thread is a good visual to help people understand?

-My ANswer:
no
i would suggest that if a person wants to "understand" they use medical science and or professional LGBT services sites like or similar to those I provided but there are others

-this answer confused you and i again stated
correct its not a good source to help people "understand" what transgender is

are you still confused?

And people say chivalry is dead.

And people say chivalry is dead.

not with me its not ;)
Ill gladly talk anything through and explain anything and or discuss anything with anybody as long as I believe they are being genuine 🤷‍♂️
if not then they get what they get

and as for the picture, i also think its horrible in general for many reasons, the picture alone gives no real info.

First many people dont know what those terms even are so the picture alone would do nothing for them

Second its way to general inclusive and inaccurate
- For example, there are plenty of people who have cross-dressed or would identify as such as well as would call themselves drag queens/kings that would NEVER identify themselves as transgender nor are they per medical science standards

Third how many people that are transgender would be ok with being called a transvestite, drag queen/king etc many certainly would not be

Umbrella as a term is used for sure but there are many versions of an umbrella "picture" and as shown above by themselves would not help to understand and could actually confuse a person even more

Back
Top Bottom