• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Let's cut to the chase, if trump runs again are you going to vote for him?

That's what I thought when he thought an MBA was a bug. His was a pathetic attempt at a response. Apparently, you don't have one either.

An MBA is the entry requirement for being a "suit".

No way would I ever vote for a lying Billionaire Suit or Lying Military school grad. U no Em&n thinks one day he will be Prez if he just keeps at it.

I certainly hope she doesn't run. I even registered as a Dem so I could vote against her twice.
Your problem is you have these "progressives" who are all Bush leaguers, and have nothing positive to offer to America, except European ideas.

What the hell positive does the GOP have to offer America? lol

What the holy hell are you talking about libertarian?

You just rolled out that you want government handouts for all, federal control of firearms, and environmental mandates and increased intervention.

I, literally, couldn't explain the opposite of "libertarian" better than that.
Likely because that isn't what I said.

Government handouts are already happening, UBI was to be a replacement at a more cost effective point.

Federal control of firearms is also here, I'd like to see a more robust background check with no registration, and a must issue carry permit for the law abiding.

Environmental: I'd like to see us moving towards nuclear as a means to that end. Green sources are not the (anywhere near) future.

Last edited:
You are getting a bit confused on the history and the Civil Rights Act. 82 percent of Republicans in the Senate voted for the bill. 69 percent of Democrats did. It would not have passed without republican support. So it's incorrect to state that the democrats passed it. The majority of opposition to the bill came from democrats.

The Civil Rights Act passed because Democrats decided to pass it. It's true Republicans had not yet become the racist, rural party they are now, and their votes were certainly a given back then. But it was the Democrats who made the heroic decision to go against the racist, southern wing of their own party.

Conservative support for JFK was based on nothing more then the fact that JFK was in fact a conservative by todays standards. LBJ was not. LBJ began the left wing lurch with his so-called Great Society programs. Several decades of extreme poverty in the inner cities is a legacy of those programs. Only decent accomplishment of LBJ was his signing the Civil Rights Act into law.

This is the story you tell yourself to help you sleep at night, and to avoid the pain associated with cognitive dissonance, but I just don't agree. I think many Republicans and Trump supporters love "big government" and liberal programs when it suits themselves or benefits themselves. Conservatives aren't conservatives anymore. They should just call them the Hypocrites.

The difference isn't policy from an ideological perspective. The difference is who is getting the money:

Some Republicans acknowledge there has been a big shift. “It’s not a conservatism rooted in a government philosophy,” said Kevin Madden, a GOP strategist who served as a senior adviser to 2012 GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney. “It is more cultural in the sense of outrage politics, left-versus-right, us-versus-them. It is not about whether government is going to be involved. It is more along the lines of: ‘Government is going to be involved. Who is going to get the spoils of government?’”

--

So, now that we know conservatism these days is a lie, and there is no real ideological difference between the two parties, what best explains the act of someone rejecting Democrats today, but supporting the JFK of the past? Aside from nostalgia, why is JFK tolerable but all other Democrats horrible? We know the policy differences between the Republicans and the Democrats do not matter. So what gives? Well, we know JFK was the last Democratic President before the Democrats passed the Civil Rights Act.

LBJ began the left wing lurch with his so-called Great Society programs. Several decades of extreme poverty in the inner cities is a legacy of those programs.

This is a good example. What you describe as "left-wing lurch" and your highlighting of the extreme poverty of inner cities is really what explains things.

Conservatives and Republicans are not mad about the "left-wing lurch", they are mad about Black people and other minorities getting government goods and services that they're not.

Background:

LBJ's proposals were largely a success. But there's one thing that people can't seem to wrap their heads around. That's right. Using the government to help black people and other minorities. That's the ultimate in.

Last edited:
*sin, not in, in the last word in the above post.

Conservatives and Republicans are not mad about the "left-wing lurch", they are mad about Black people and other minorities getting government goods and services that they're not.
Im not at all mad about them getting services, but I do worry that it causes a reliance on the benevolent hand of the government. It people were getting the goods and then moving on up, I would see no problem. If instead they continue to need these goods for as long as they are able to get the goods, that is reliance and isn't promoting a 'help when needed' (unless you define need as FOREVER)

Im not at all mad about them getting services, but I do worry that it causes a reliance on the benevolent hand of the government. It people were getting the goods and then moving on up, I would see no problem. If instead they continue to need these goods for as long as they are able to get the goods, that is reliance and isn't promoting a 'help when needed' (unless you define need as FOREVER)

Okay, cool, so all this aid we give farmers, are you worried about farmers becoming too reliant on the benevolent hand of the government?

What the hell positive does the GOP have to offer America? lol
NOTHING !!!!!!!!! EVERY THING IS WARMED OVER REAGAN/BUSH AND THE CORPORATE WELFARE
JUST KEEPS COMING...... THEN RECKLESS SPENDING POLITICIANS TELL US THE USA CANNOT
AFFORD SINGLE PAYER HEALTH INSURANCE AS THEY KEEP FORCING TAXPAYERS TO BAIL OUT BIG BANKS AND OTHER RECKLESS MANAGED CORPORATIONS THOUGH THEY HAVE NEVER NEEDED A BAILOUT............ BIG CORPORATE BAILOUTS HAVE NEVER PAID BACK = PROVIDED POLITICIANS WITH A SWEET KICKBACK TO THEIR CAMPAIGN COOKIE JARS.

SINGLE PAYER MEDICAL INSURANCE IS NOT FREE IT IS A WAY TO GIVE TAXPAYERS A 24/7 TAX TAX RETURN = MORE EVIDENCE THAT SINGLE PAYER MEDICAL INSURANCE IS A BEST BANG FOR THE TAX BUCK!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom