• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Let's consolidate invaild pro-gun arguments

No, that's not goid enough because everyone shouldn't have to need guns to protect themselves.

It only takes a split second for a "law-abiding gun owner" to become a "criminal," as we frequently see.
Underline added by me.
And I should have went left instead of right.
I should have left 2 minutes sooner.
I should have left 2 minutes later.
I shouldn't of left at all.
You can second guess it for ever. All it takes is a split second for anything to happen. Like the plane that crashed into your house killing you because you second guessed it and stayed home.:)

Of course. So maybe we should stop making them and start melting them down? A world without guns- the horror. Or a world with guns and with very little violence. "USA- delivering guns to the world."

Did you hear that Remington closed? :( Seriously makes me sad, I love my 1100.

Underline added by me.
And I should have went left instead of right.
I should have left 2 minutes sooner.
I should have left 2 minutes later.
I shouldn't of left at all.
You can second guess it for ever. All it takes is a split second for anything to happen. Like the plane that crashed into your house killing you because you second guessed it and stayed home.:)
Maybe you missed the point, intentionally or not.

A "law-abiding gun owner" is law-abiding ... until they aren't.

A world without guns means the strong have free reign to prey on the weak.

That's probably the dumbest thing I've read all week.
On both parts: How so? Because you say so?

History says so......pick up a book.
How did people protect themselves before guns?

How do people protect themselves when they're outgunned, outsmarted, beaten on the draw, sleeping, ambushed, etc?

How do people protect themselves when they're outgunned, outsmarted, beaten on the draw, sleeping, ambushed, etc?

They generally dont......as I said, read History, the unarmed usually end up at the mercy of the armed.

You dont have to like it, but that does not alter reality; simply putting your fingers in your ears and repeating "nanny nanny boo boo, I cant hear you" does not change facts.

Dont like guns?
Dont own one....none of my concern; but those that do choose to do so will do so, and if that gives you heartburn then thats an issue for you to work through...it does not affect me in the slightest.

A non problem looking for a solution. If all items were used as responsibly as guns this would be a wonderful world. 99.9% of guns are never used in a crime. What other item can you say that about?

If cars had that record. No one would speed. Drunk driving would be unheard of. Accident wouldn't happen.

The problem with shooting has nothing to do with guns. That is proven by the fact that the people with the most guns rarely shoot anyone. Just look at Chicago. In over 90% of Chicago they never have shootings. It is not because they don't have guns, it is because the people have a different attitude.

The problem with shooting has nothing to do with guns.
Alright, we've got another invalid pro-gun argument!

"Guns have nothing to do with gun violence."

They used clubs, knives, spears, rocks and teeth. That is like asking how people traveled before wheels.

That is the reason for the 2nd, you don't have to be outgunned. The real question is how does a 90 lb grandmother in the ghetto protect herself from a 250 lb goon who decides he wants the groceries she is carrying?

Alright, we've got another invalid pro-gun argument!

"Guns have nothing to do with gun violence."
No guns are a tool. Without guns thugs use knives, clubs, hammers.

Are cars the cause of drunk driving?

They generally dont......as I said, read History, the unarmed usually end up at the mercy of the armed.
You're making a good case for disarming everyone. Let's start by disarming the US militarism machine, the cops, and the "criminals." That way you won't need guns to protect yourselves from people with guns. Guns- the self-fulfilling and self-defeating prophecy.

Last edited:
They used clubs, knives, spears, rocks and teeth. That is like asking how people traveled before wheels.
Ban teeth!

That is the reason for the 2nd, you don't have to be outgunned.
The government has always had The People outgunned.

The real question is how does a 90 lb grandmother in the ghetto protect herself from a 250 lb goon who decides he wants the groceries she is carrying?
Finally! We got to a real question.

How do we stop unwanted behavior without being violent?

You're making a good case for disarming everyone. Let's start by disarming the US militarism machine, the cops, the "criminals." That way you won't need guns to protect yourselves from people with guns. Guns- the self-fulfilling and self-defeating prophecy.

Yeah, you get to work on that.......that'll really stop the larger stronger folks with criminal intent from harming the smaller weaker folks.

The same story throughout history long before firearms; but Im sure your idealistic utopia will work out.....everyone can stand around holding hands singing "we shall overcome".

Idealism is always the first fatality of reality.

That is the reason for the 2nd, you don't have to be outgunned. The real question is how does a 90 lb grandmother in the ghetto protect herself from a 250 lb goon who decides he wants the groceries she is carrying?

Oh!

I know the answer to that!!

A 90 lb social intervention worker??

No guns are a tool. Without guns thugs use knives, clubs, hammers.
We can't make better tools for self-defense than guns?

Are cars the cause of drunk driving?
Vehicles are always involved in driving while intoxicated.

Yeah, you get to work on that.......that'll really stop the larger stronger folks with criminal intent from harming the smaller weaker folks.

The same story throughout history long before firearms; but Im sure your idealistic utopia will work out.....everyone can stand around holding hands singing "we shall overcome".

Idealism is always the first fatality of reality.
You prefer the dystopia of violence and the threat of violence. The Gunlightenment will lead to Guntopia. Everyone can stand around pointing guns.

You prefer the dystopia of violence and the threat of violence. The Gunlightenment will lead to Guntopia.

I prefer acknowledging reality rather than wishing on a star.

But you go on ahead with your dreams.....it does not affect the rest of us.

I prefer acknowledging reality rather than wishing on a star.

But you go on ahead with your dreams.....it does not affect the rest of us.
Alright! Will you acknowledge the reality that the government, that's always about to go tyrannical, has "the militia" outgunned?

Are you pro-military?

Alright! Will you acknowledge the reality that the government, that's always about to go tyrannical, has "the militia" outgunned?

Are you pro-military?

Huh.....you really are not a student of history, are you? 🙄

As for being "pro military"....I might have seen one or two people in uniform up close.

Its late....G'night kids.

Back
Top Bottom