• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Let's Blow Away Some Southside Chicago Perceptions!

I guess you guys who are so concerned with individual guns rights aren't so concerned with the rights of those living in the inner city of Chicago. That's good to know.
I'm concerned with the rights of ALL law abiding citizens. Thats why I advocate for mandatory minimum sentences for all who commit a violent criminal act with a weapon. I very much want to see those communities cleaned up for the good of the law abiding residents there. Dont you?

I don't live in a city nearly the size of Chicago but even then we are fairly large, approaching mid-major status and on the incline. With that said I can't do the country, nothing wrong with it and I think it's a slower pace and more relaxed life but I have grown up with the sound of things constantly moving and even emergency services constantly rolling so I can't even sleep unless I hear an ambulance, fire, or police siren. I totally get where you are coming from on that, it would be a system shock to move to a smaller, less urban area. That said, the people I feel bad for are the ones stuck in bad neighborhoods like the young families just starting out, and the elderly who bought in when the neighborhood was nice and who now are on fixed incomes and have no mobility now that the neighborhood has deteriorated.

the sound of bullfrogs is pretty loud, and very relaxing. I wouldn't give up country living for anything

the sound of bullfrogs is pretty loud, and very relaxing. I wouldn't give up country living for anything
It just isn't my thing, I can get out in the country to relax for a bit but I am not wired for it unfortunately.

I'm concerned with the rights of ALL law abiding citizens. Thats why I advocate for mandatory minimum sentences for all who commit a violent criminal act with a weapon. I very much want to see those communities cleaned up for the good of the law abiding residents there. Dont you?
Yes. Of course. My way, actively getting rid of all the guns in an area, has worked in the past and is working in airports, etc. Your way? To introduce more guns into the situation?

Yes. Of course. My way, actively getting rid of all the guns in an area, has worked in the past and is working in airports, etc. Your way? To introduce more guns into the situation?

you seem to confuse an airport which is not owned by people who want to carry guns on such property with our homes.
what are you going to do when millions refuse to give up their guns in their own homes?

Your nonsense suggests you are one of those individuals who really hasn't thought things through-rather you are someone who psychologically NEEDS answers to all problems and you make up answers without actually being able to understand why they don't work. When you are edified why your "solutions" won't work, you have already invested emotion into the solution and refuse to accept that your answer is flawed. sadly, like many people who feel as you do, your proposed poorly thought out solutions will cause more problems then the one you want to solve

Ive given you my way. I believe in mandatory minimums for violent offenders. Your way...you DO plan on leading that door to door purge of firearms, dont you?

We have the largest armed civil population the history of man has ever known.

After San Bernadino when Obama said he would look into taking action there were more background checks in 1 single day than the entire Marine Corps.

The Marines themselves couldnt recruit that many people in 1 day. Yet Americans did it voluntarily.

Let that sink in gun grabbers. Realize your goal is hysterically impossible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its not working in Chicago. Its not working in DC. Its not working in London.

Its not working in Chicago. Its not working in DC. Its not working in London.

Even the stop and frisk laws in New York drove liberals must and this guy wants a door to door purge?

I wonder if he speaks that way around children?
You know, due to his language I initially had a few reservations when posting, but I decided the over-riding message was more important than the vernacular.

I grew-up in an ethnic immigrant neighborhood where English was a second language at best (Polish, Italian, Irish, Chinese, etc.)and lived adjacent to other ethnically different neighborhoods (Polish, Italian, Irish, Chinese, etc.) - so I'm used to different languages, customs, and manners.

For better or worse I chalk-up his delivery to cultural mannerisms, making no further judgement. Irregardless, he comes across as sincere & authentic, and that's good enough for me.

Back
Top Bottom