• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Let's be honest: Most Dems and Some Pub politicos Support Illegal Immigration and Open Borders

Thread: Let's be honest: Most Dems and Some Pub politicos Support Illegal Immigration and Open Borders

^
All this rotted and sun-baked dog turd of a post is worth:

Nope.

Stupid lie.

Most of the overlapping groups of "us" think that the wall and a deportation focus is the worst possible way to address a situation we think is indeed important. We also think, generally, that legal immigration should be far more streamlined.

You know we went over there - say, Afghanistan - telling locals we'd protect them if they helped us against the Taliban. You know too, no doubt, that we then setn them into 3 years of red tape during which a terrible many were horribly killed. You know that right? We are faithless, honorless, and we've burned the city down to the hill.

Last edited:
You posted a polling question of "either a or b" choice, then provide two percentages without bothering to explain which choice they apply too. In other words, what are you tying to communticate?

Fixed it. Of course you could have just went to the supplied link yourself.

Like half of the posters here.

Then point to their posts that show that instead of posting dishonest comments which make you the joke of the forum.

Interesting but how does this fact fit your narrative?

Obama Has Deported More People Than Any Other President

Do you understand what a sanctuary city is and why cities choose to be sanctuary cities?

I hope you watched the video and at least learned something new.

Why should I look at another disingenuous excuse for giving safe harbor to illegals? Do you honestly think there is any nation that is serious about controlling illegal immigration would buy this nonsense? How many sanctuary cities exist in New Zealand, Australia, Hungry, or Canada (or the UK or Ireland, for that matter?). And of the few, how many use the pathetic excuse that it's for crime prevention OR the protection of economic migrants? How about ZERO?

Sanctuary cities do have a purpose, but its not crime prevention. It's to please ethnic voting blocks AND/OR to be "virtuous" of illegals seeking a better life (or better welfare systems ).

The idiocy here is aiming enforcement on the border itself. Crack down on the employers of immigrants, and you solve the proble,m. Nobody is willing to do the real problem solving, it's all posturing so we can have (for the GOP) the perfect "keep the cake and eat it too" situation. They keep the cheap labor, retaining the farmers votes, keep the illegal immigration problem to rally support of the base, and pay some contractor buddies for a largely useless wall, while solving nothing. Typical GOP "solution" (kook-aid)):roll:

Why should I look at another disingenuous excuse for giving safe harbor to illegals? Do you honestly think there is any nation that is serious about controlling illegal immigration would buy this nonsense? How many sanctuary cities exist in New Zealand, Australia, Hungry, or Canada (or the UK or Ireland, for that matter?). And of the few, how many use the pathetic excuse that it's for crime prevention OR the protection of economic migrants? How about ZERO?

Sanctuary cities do have a purpose, but its not crime prevention. It's to please ethnic voting blocks AND/OR to be "virtuous" of illegals seeking a better life (or better welfare systems ).

Illegals can't and don't vote though. When you have a faulty premise to begin with, you bring zero credibility to the discussion.:roll:

Interesting analogy; I have often likened the situation to a game of musical chairs where all the contestants think there will be a seat for them when the music stops.

One of the arguments that I disagree with (re. immigration) is that the growers need to bring the wages up to entice more Americans to perform these jobs. IMO, this is not based in any reality, as Buffy and Jody have been raised to look down on menial jobs.

/rant

Well, I certainly don't think farmers (or any other large scale employer of illegal immigrants) would appreciate the idea of expanding legal immigration, because they benefit from paying people under the table, and because these desperate, underpaid people can't report abuse without risking everything.

If that was changed (replacing the scared illegal immigrant with a proud legally working immigrant) then that throws off the whole dynamic. They couldn't legally pay less than minimum wage, and they'd be on the hook for disability and so on, otherwise legal workers would rightfully go to the authorities.

You left out a large, and therefore important group, which also favors inaction on increased border security and interior immigration law enforcement - those that see immigration (legal or not) as necessary to avoid increased labor costs (typically republicants or conservatives). They often use (squeal?) terms like "jobs that US citizens will not do" or "jobs that require skills not available locally" when the real problem is that the wages/benefits offered are simply insufficient to attract and retain qualified labor or they wish to avoid the costs of training their workforce.

Rich white liberals want the cheapest servants, maids, nannies and lawn crews they can get anyway they can get it.

Fixed it. Of course you could have just went to the supplied link yourself.

I did. However, the reader is not obligated to read several pages of computer printouts to sleuth out your possible meaning. If you chose to post incoherent points, don't expect others to rescue it.

Illegals can't and don't vote though. When you have a faulty premise to begin with, you bring zero credibility to the discussion.:roll:

What stops them?

Stop lying.
Name one liberal member here on DP who is for open borders.
You can't, because there aren't any.

Allowing entry by (or the remaining in of) the "undocumented" is being for some form of open borders. Support for "sanctuary" cities/states is being for some form of open borders.

Rich white liberals want the cheapest servants, maids, nannies and lawn crews they can get anyway they can get it.

So do "job creators" who simply want to import third world labor rather than offer wages/benefits sufficient to attract and retain US citizen labor which does not receive "safety net" assistance - e.g. Trump.

I did. However, the reader is not obligated to read several pages of computer printouts to sleuth out your possible meaning. If you chose to post incoherent points, don't expect others to rescue it.

I'm sorry. I didn't realize I was dealing with a poster with a reading problem. Carry on with your myth thread.

One reason I asked posters to be honest with themselves are to avoid shamefully stupid retorts like yours. Are you that obtuse to the commonly known sympathy of many ethnics to their own kind, illegal or otherwise? Are you so out of it that you don't think that urban communities of immigrants, including those that vote, favor those who are not hostile to their illegal brethren?

Honestly, if are that poorly read, might I suggest you take some time off do some basic reading on the sociology and history of ethnic communities and identity politics, including the machine politics of protecting ones' own tribe (including those of the Irish and Italian heritage).

I'm sorry. I didn't realize I was dealing with a poster with a reading problem. Carry on with your myth thread.

We've already established that you had the writing problem.

No writing problem. It just became apparent that I needed to post more information for you than the average toddle needed to see the point.

Interesting but how does this fact fit your narrative?

Obama Has Deported More People Than Any Other President

Do you understand what a sanctuary city is and why cities choose to be sanctuary cities?

I hope you watched the video and at least learned something new.

The video presents some (classic liberal?) misinformation - note that only (alleged) perps are arrested, fingerprinted, held pending trial and thus subject to detainer requests - not alleged the victims, witnesses or those that give police anonymous tips about criminals - they are not arrested or even asked about their immigration status (whether in a sanctuary city/state or not).

You know what? I apologize. I got a bit snarky here and I shouldn't have. I'll leave your thread if you wish.

You deny saying that money should be used elsewhere besides border control?

Democrats have proposed over 1 Billion.....Might even make it 2.....To increase border security as needed...Hardly "Open Borders"......trump?....5 Billion for a stupid wall that is nothing more than a giant monument to his ego...Now go make it stuff somewhere else

Prove it or is this just another one of your lies?

Have dare talk to me? You and your group say Alan is a pedophile and claim Trump is holding illegal immigrants hostage in his golf resort. you have no room to speak about lies.

Back
Top Bottom