• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

"let them eat cake!"

Aunt Spiker

Cheese
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
:lamo

This is what happens when we run out of money - and out of food - days before payday . . . I make cake, cookies and all sorts of ungodly treats because all the real food it gone but we's got plenty o flour, sugar and eggs - and chocolate - and icing.

We're so poor we're eating like royalty.

We're so starving - mmm - another slice of sky high chocolate pie?

Reminds me of Bill Cosby - feeding the kids cake for breakfast when his wife is sick because it has milk and eggs in it.
[video]http://videosift.com/video/Bill-Cosby-Chocolate-Cakefor-Breakfast[/video]

Last edited:
I have had that happen a few times. We tend to eat rice when that happens.

In fact, I just got some catalog from work to get free stuff for working here for 10 years. It has a rice steamer on it, hrm ...

I gathered all my lose change (which adds up quickly since we're on a cash-only budget) and went to the bank, now we're not so broke - bought a few things to last a few days without the tooth decay :)

I have had that happen a few times. We tend to eat rice when that happens.

Been there, done that.:) It's a sensible practice to buy large bags of rice, beans, and dry wheat for occasions such as this. I buy wheat seeds at the local feed and seed for around 7 dollars for a fifty pound bag, divide it up into 5# bags, and vacuum pack it. Store it away for lean times. Same with rice and beans. It's not like eating steak, but it has plenty of nutritional value for the dollar.
When I was young, and money was really tight, we ate lots of mac and cheese etc. Most people don't realize how little you can feed yourself for when need be.

Back
Top Bottom