• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Let the riots commence in Louisville in the killing of Breonna Taylor

They tried that and the cameras were exeonerating more cops and convicting more perps. Even the ACLU has backed off the body cam idea.
Pretty counter-productive, if true. Protecting good police would be half the point.

I see police unions resistance as the main obstacle, but I'm no expert. In a more sensible world the police would be demanding this for their own protection.

There's virtually no evidence that he knew the police were behind that "knock". Of 12 witnesses interviewed from apartments above, below and adjacent to Taylor's apartment, one (the neighbor directly above, who happened to be awake and watching t.v. at the time of the raid), says they heard ANYTHING from the police before the shooting began.

Clearly, the police didn't identify themselves after breaching the door, because Taylor's boyfriend wouldn't have opened fire on them.

Oh, of course not; and let me say, your faith in the unknown is spectacularly assertive.

I know not to believe a word from the officers, who lied in their initial police reports for a reason (or reasons).

I know that Taylor's boyfriend stated that he didn't know who was knocking, and that he fired only when the door flew off the hinges and into the apartment.

I know that Taylor's boyfriend, whom the police actually visualized...was not wounded, but Breonna Taylor (who was never visualized by an officer) was shot six times.

I know that it's NEVER ok for an officer to fire, randomly, into a building when he KNOWS there are other occupants in all directions.

And I know that if Breonna was a young white woman, SOMEONE would have already been charged with her murder...about 6 months ago.

And I have common sense.
Good to see that racism on full display.

Please do some research, that is not what happened.
Yes you should do some research not that you will that is exactly what happened.

The guy they got the warrant for was already in custody in jail.
That made their warrant invalid. Next the police didn't knock on the door and the home owner saw a bunch of armed men
coming to his front door.

A person has a right to defend themselves that does not trump the police.
That is like a guy that was killed here in florida.

The cops didn't announce themselves showed up at the wrong door with guns he saw them come up and had a shotgun.
they open fired and killed an innocent white guy because they didn't double check.

Guess what? they should have been arrested for murder there as well. Cops like politicians are not above the law.
The warrant was invalid. The guy they were looking for wasn't even there he was already in jail.

So yes do some research next time.

Yes you should do some research not that you will that is exactly what happened.

That made their warrant invalid. Next the police didn't knock on the door and the home owner saw a bunch of armed men

The cops didn't announce themselves showed up at the wrong door with guns he saw them come up and had a shotgun.
they open fired and killed an innocent white guy because they didn't double check.

Guess what? they should have been arrested for murder there as well. Cops like politicians are not above the law.
The warrant was invalid. The guy they were looking for wasn't even there he was already in jail.

You say you do research, bit you're stating things about the warrant as facts that are blatantly untrue. In any of your researching, did you read the actual warrant? Here.

You say you do research, bit you're stating things about the warrant as facts that are blatantly untrue. In any of your researching, did you read the actual warrant? Here.

facts do not care about your feelings.

This Glover guy lied to the police. Who would have thought of that a criminal lying.

Glover was already in jail the day of the raid. There was no need to raid her home.

one of the cops has already been fired for blindly firing into her house 10 times.
you once again prove you don't know what you are talking about.

The racism on display are all the folks demanding KYLE GO FREE while insisting Taylor’s bf had it coming.

I have no idea how you can say something like that with a straight face.

Because an innocent Black woman was murdered and not a single person was charged in any way with the destruction of her body. Like her life didn’t even matter.

This Glover guy lied to the police. Who would have thought of that a criminal lying.

Glover was already in jail the day of the raid. There was no need to raid her home.

one of the cops has already been fired for blindly firing into her house 10 times.
I know he was in jail. The warrant wasn't an arrest warrant, it was a search warrant, and Breonna was named in it. They were looking for evidence of drug trafficking. The actions of the officer who blindly fired into the apartment and has been charged, as he should, were wrong. The basis for the warrant should be investigated, and further discipline taken if they lied to get it. That doesn't change the fact that where her ex was is irrelevant.

hmmm well if you look at the warrant he posted, it looks like it is for 3 people, Including Breonna... it certainly names 3 people. what am I missing as far as that goes?

The racism on display are all the folks demanding KYLE GO FREE while insisting Taylor’s bf had it coming.
Kyle should go free, but I am not demanding it. I am content to let the legal process play out. Taylor's boyfriend committed no crime, although he made the same mistake as the police in failing to identify his target before he opened fire. That is understandable in the circumstances though, because I don't believe he heard them announce themselves (if they did, which is the witness supported Official Story®). He is a victim in this and so was Breonna.

You repeating yourself doesn’t make what you are saying correct

They indicted one officer of wanton endangerment and the two officers were not indicted for anything in the killing of Breonna Taylor . The wanton endangerment was for shooting into the apartment from outside. None were indicted for the killing Bronne Taylor. The officer charged with wanton endangerment could get as little as one year in jail. I suspect this is not what the community was expecting/hoping for and that there will be protests which could lead to more riots. I have written this before, stop killing unarmed black people and you will stop having riots.

The charge was "endangering white people while you murder a black person."

Once again since there was a warrant the whole thing started with a crime. She was unfortunately caught in the cross fire with the police and the boy friend. No one seems to care CHILDREN in Chicago have been killed in cross fire. The were there riots when a little white boy riding by a black guy was shot in the head and killed by the black guy???????????? How about that????

Neither she nor her boyfriend are accused of a crime.

Pretty counter-productive, if true. Protecting good police would be half the point.

I see police unions resistance as the main obstacle, but I'm no expert. In a more sensible world the police would be demanding this for their own protection.

The push for body cams was started by the anti-cop faction to try and bust more cops. They backed off the idea when the opposite effect took place.

The push for body cams was started by the anti-cop faction to try and bust more cops. They backed off the idea when the opposite effect took place.

Why then haven't the police followed through, if they see the benefit?

The police unions have a great deal of clout in a lot of places, there's nothing stopping them from getting just about anything they want in their contracts.

A tool that combines protecting good members from baseless lawsuits and highlighting actual abuse seems like a no-brainer.

Without knowing more, I can only say there are clearly other factors in play.

Why then haven't the police followed through, if they see the benefit?

The police unions have a great deal of clout in a lot of places, there's nothing stopping them from getting just about anything they want in their contracts.

A tool that combines protecting good members from baseless lawsuits and highlighting actual abuse seems like a no-brainer.

Without knowing more, I can only say there are clearly other factors in play.

Most departments can't afford them.

Only as a matter or procedure, only as a matter to mitigate possible civil damages after the conclusion of a police action that goes sideways due to unforeseen circumstances. Does everyone in that area even speak English? Does everyone have good hearing? Is everyone there not cognitively impaired? See my point?
Seems that you really have no point. You're just trying, mightily, to have your baseless personal opinions accepted as "the facts" for this discussion. Sorry, but I'm the wrong guy for that.

The above is more nonsense, from you. Sorry, it's NOT simply a "matter of procedure". It's a standard, one that was by ALL accounts, not met. One of 12 witnesses says they heard the police announce themselves...and that guy says they said it only once. Everyone else, including Taylor's boyfriend, denied hearing anything (which makes since, if they were all asleep at 1 a.m. and the police only announced themselves ONE time before blowing the door off its hinges and storming the apartment). Clearly, the police did not meet the standard for a "knock and announce" entrance. That's what lead to the death of Breonna. Neither she, nor her boyfriend had criminal records.

Announcing is only a matter of form it doesn't really change much when things are happening instantanously in these types of police actions. The only other alternative would be to bring in 50 officers, establish a perimiter, get on the bull horn and announce to the entire city block their intentions to serve a warrant as people to shelter in their homes, and then to demand the subject(s) come out with their hands in the air. But such an operation is expensive and there just aren't enough police to do that 3-4 times every day within an area of operations.
Again, you're jus making up stuff. This is just ridiculous, fact-free Strawman logic, here. I'm not interested in what you THINK makes sense. Save that for someone else.

And the same goes for the "logic" behind the "only other alternative" you proposed.

The FACT is that they already KNEW they had the suspect in custody, and that Taylor was a first-responder with no criminal record at all. They already KNEW (based on cell phone and GPS records) that Taylor had NOT been in contact with her ex-boyfriend. They already KNEW (from the postal inspection police service) ZERO packages had been delivered to/from Taylor's address from/to her ex-boyfriend. So there was ZERO justification to serve a 1 a.m. "no knock" or "knock and announce" warrant on Breonna Taylor.

Doesn't matter. You are missing the point of an announcment in that kind of situation. It is only as I said, to "dot the eye" of the local law or local police policy.
Again, this is just ignorance on your part. You don't know what you're talking about. You can't seem to differentiate between your feelings/opinions, and objective FACTS; and you seem to believe that everyone else is just pulling shit out of their hindparts, like you. I'm not. You're "dot the eye" argument is pure nonsense. I get that you THINK it makes sense...and that's enough for you...and you THINK that makes it a "fact" that others should just accept. But some people know that it's b.s. You're not one of those people, in this instance. Period.

If he was involved in any illegal activities, then his actions teeter between the actions of a reasonable law abiding citizen in their own home, and criminal involved in a criminal enterprise. His potential bad acts may define his use of a gun. Could be reasonable that he felt he was being attacked by other criminals, but he loses part of his justification due to his prior illegal actions.
More b.s. speculation disguised as "logic", I suppose. But the FACT is that Taylor's boyfriend, Kenneth Walker, was NOT "involved in any illegal activities". He was a newly employed postal worker, former football player and had NO criminal history. He was COMPLETELY within his rights to defend himself (and Breonna) from intruders who did not effectively announce themselves before blowing the front door off its hinges and charging into the apartment. That's why the LMPD dropped all charges.

Like the saying goes, "trouble rides a fast horse". Good reason to avoid trouble. Don't sell drugs.
Stupid argument for this case. Just dumb.

Neither Breonna, nor her boyfriend EVER sold drugs. She's dead. He was charged with "1st degree murder" for attempting to defend himself when the police wrongly charged (unnancounced) through the door at 1 am iin the morning.

The FACT that we KNOW that before dropping all charges against Taylor's boyfriend (Ken Walker), the LMPD offered reduce the charge if Walker would LIE and say that his dead girlfriend was secretly a drug dealer.....says ALL we need to know about which side is to be believed in this case.

They indicted one officer of wanton endangerment and the two officers were not indicted for anything in the killing of Breonna Taylor . The wanton endangerment was for shooting into the apartment from outside. None were indicted for the killing Bronne Taylor. The officer charged with wanton endangerment could get as little as one year in jail. I suspect this is not what the community was expecting/hoping for and that there will be protests which could lead to more riots. I have written this before, stop killing unarmed black people and you will stop having riots.

The riots have nothing whatever to do with Taylor or George Floyd or any other black person. They have to do with fundamentally pulling apart the American system and society. These are organized, paid for acts of sedition by people who hate the country and want it destroyed. When vans pull up with pre-made banners and piles of projectiles are stationed at various places, it's clear this is anything but spontaneous. This is the radical left exposing its true face to everyone and the fact that the Democrats have hitched their wagon to these criminals will guarantee their defeat. The vast majority of the country, including minorities, oppose this violence and know that abolishing the police is the height of insanity.

The police officer's discharge of their weapons toward the threat was considered to be justified. The one officer who's rounds penetrated the wall of the adjacent occupied apartment is the only one being charged. He will however NEVER be found guilty of this in court; his defense will be that he acted instantaneoudly under extreme duress with the intention of defending the other officers who were being fired at.
Your opinions aren't worth debating. But your casual dismissal of FACTS is. In this case, the FACT is that the AG says they couldn't determine (through ballistics tests) which gun(s) fired the shots that killed Breonna, but they could determine every bullet that entered the neighbors' apartments on both sides. Sorry, can't have it both ways. No one, ANYWHERE, believes that. That bit of prosecutorial misdirection will be quickly discredited when the FBI conducts it's own ballistics investigation (assuming no Trump presidency and no Bill Barr corruption, of course).

These arguments you're presenting come across as the very poorly thought-through excuses of an ideologue.

The justification for their use of lethal force where they are involved in a criminal enterprise is an aggravating factor, not a mitigating one. Duh! Common sense.

More empty-headed nonsense. In what "criminal entireprise" was Taylor involved? In what "criminal enterprise" was her boyfriend involved? Don't run from the questions.

Some people live in a fantasy world disconnected from reality and reason. I actually feel sorry for many of the protestors; they are operating under the critical thinking skills of two year olds.
Some people aren't used to thinking for themselves. Others are just dishonest ideologues. Neither are capable of supporting their fact-free, opinion-based arguments and opinions, and thus are not deserving of much respect.

Our prior poor life choices often come back to haunt us later. It is what it is.
The words of a man who realizes he lost an argument, and deflects to save face. I think we both understand that. It's clear that your perspective here is not based on the facts. You are an ideologue, and thus immune to objective facts, truth and critical thinking.

Justice is subjective? .... or should we conclude that justice is immutable, but outrage is selective?

You lefties crack me up!

View attachment 67296218

1*w1IHo_0MN9Hoz-AsJNsTJQ.jpeg
:LOL:
He plays the "OJ Card".

Thanks for letting us know who/what you are!

So now we know that your view of the Breonna Taylor case is "what about OJ!".

Got it.

White grievance is ALWAYS so "rich" with hypocrisy and soullessness.

They had a no knock warrant, which IMO are not a good idea.
. One witness said he heard them announce, but many others said they didn't.
When asked about reporters who have talked to a dozen or people in the complex and found only one who said they heard police announce themselves, Cameron said all the evidence was presented to the Grand Jury and it made its decision after weighing all that evidence.

Most certainly ,what the grand jury hears was more reliable than what you've read.

Most departments can't afford them.

That's a pretty poor excuse, considering the ROI.

What's the ramp up costs for a police officer in training, and how many careers are destroyed because they couldn't properly defend their actions for lack of evidence? What's a wrongful death settlement going for these days?

How much equipment are we already handing them, that this is the bridge too far? ****, we're already giving away military hardware. Probably we could just repurpose some obsolete military system to do everything on my wishlist and more. I'd certainly support some federal grants for this.

If police appealed to the public for funding for this, they'd get plenty of support. For all the screen time they get, particularly when they are called upon to explain these tragedies, I don't hear many police saying "If ONLY we could afford body cameras!"

Could be a pretty good campaign topic, if someone wanted to run with it. It appears you believe Biden (or his supporters) would be on the wrong side of the issue.

As always, alt-right/far-rightwing white dudes are quick to demonstrate how ignorant they are about racism.

What did they lie about to get a no knock warrant, it was one of three that day.
That's simple. Haven't you been paying attention??

They lied in several ways. For example:

• -In the warrant, they claimed that the US Postal Inspector had been consulted, and had informed the LMPD that the suspect (an old boyfriend of Taylor) had been "receiving packages" at Taylor's address. We now KNOW, for a FACT, that the US Postal Inspector has stated, on the record, that he was NEVER consulted by the LMPD...and that there was NEVER any package sent to the suspect at Taylor's address.
  • -They claimed, without ANY evidence, that Taylor was a drug dealer and distributor. Taylor had no criminal record, no history of violence and worked as a nurse. Taylor's boyfriend, who lived with her, had no record and was starting a new job at the post office. "No Knock" and "Knock and Announce" warrants must BY LAW be predicated upon evidence that the suspects are violent or are likely to destroy evidence. The LMPD warrant presented no evidence that Taylor or her boyfriend were violent, nor that they were even likely to possess drugs.
The Castle Doctrine is predicated upon two key rulings by the USSC: the 1995 Wilson v. Arkansas case, and the 1997 Richards v. Wisconsin case.

The FACTS of the case are that the LMPD banged on the door for "30-45 seconds"....NOT enough time to meet the legal standards of "enough time for the occupants to answer the door peacefully and avoid the potential violence and destruction of property of a forced entry".

The FACTS of the case also reveal that the cops who busted through the door were PLAIN CLOTHES cops with NO identifying badges or garments...NOT uniformed officers. So when Taylor's boyfriend fired one shot at them, he was ABSOLUTELY within his rights to protect himself. That's why the Attempted 1st Degree Murder of an Officer charges were quickly and quietly dropped.

The FACTS also show that the LMPD tried to get Taylor's boyfriend to LIE and testify that his now-dead girlfriend was secretly a drug dealer.

Sorry, but anyone...ANYONE...still defending (or rationalizing) on behalf of the LMPD or the KY AG in the Breonna Taylor case....is just not very credible. The details are all out there by now, so it's odd to see anyone (even conservatives) still raising some of these bogus issues. There is really no defense for what the LMPD did to Taylor, regardless of anything the KY AG said yesterday. His press conference was just a disgrace.

Back
Top Bottom