• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Let the riots commence in Louisville in the killing of Breonna Taylor

I wouldn't be surprised if those people burn down the courthouse and the police HQ. The city of Louisville in in for a world of sh**.
Do you believe if that happens, that is a just and lawful response to the legal process as it has played out so far?

They indicted one officer of wanton endangerment and the two officers were not indicted for anything in the killing of Breonna Taylor . The wanton endangerment was for shooting into the apartment from outside. None were indicted for the killing Bronne Taylor. The officer charged with wanton endangerment could get as little as one year in jail. I suspect this is not what the community was expecting/hoping for and that there will be protests which could lead to more riots. I have written this before, stop killing unarmed black people and you will stop having riots.

Only idiots support rioting.

Not even a reckless homicide charge?

Come on. That's beyond absurd.

The police officer's discharge of their weapons toward the threat was considered to be justified. The one officer who's rounds penetrated the wall of the adjacent occupied apartment is the only one being charged. He will however NEVER be found guilty of this in court; his defense will be that he acted instantaneoudly under extreme duress with the intention of defending the other officers who were being fired at.

The Castle Doctrine applies to black people, too, you know? Anyone is entitled to defend their home with lethal force.

The justification for their use of lethal force where they are involved in a criminal enterprise is an aggravating factor, not a mitigating one. Duh! Common sense.

And Breonna's boyfriend stated that they heard nothing but loud knocking when the door was busted-in. He returned fire, as was his right. But, regardless.....NONE of the above justifies firing 20+ shots randomly into the apartment, btw.

Some people live in a fantasy world disconnected from reality and reason. I actually feel sorry for many of the protestors; they are operating under the critical thinking skills of two year olds.

Also there were no drugs found in the apartment, or on Taylor or her boyfriend. And the records indicate that she was NOT "still in contact" with Glover, and had not been for quite some time. Even Glover, himself, who was already in custody when raid on Taylor's apartment was executed, said that.

Our prior poor life choices often come back to haunt us later. It is what it is.

:rolleyes:, of course, you and I both know you can't point to a single "lie" from me. But I understand you needed to say that to save face.

They did get a no-knock warrant. That doesn't make it legal, if they lied in order to get it approved. And, more importantly, according to the AG of Ky, they were given explicit orders to conduct and "knock and announce", not a no-knock.

But that's all an aside to the basic question of the legality of the warrant, which is being investigated by the FBI due some questions about the veracity of some of the claims made in the request for the warrant to raid Taylor's apartment.

That said, at least you've stopped lying about the boyfriend "randomly shooting at noises he heard". That's progress.
What did they lie about to get a no knock warrant, it was one of three that day.

More made up b.s.

The question (one of many) that remains completely unaddressed by the LMPD (and the Ky AG) is....what justified the raid on Taylor's apartment in the first place? Remember, you LIED when you asserted that Taylor had "been in contact" with the suspect. That's never been proved...nor even suggested by a credible source. That was just one of the made-up "facts" you've alleged in this thread, so far.

If the suspect is in custody, there is no need to serve a no-knock warrant, at 1 a.m. And the outcome in this case proves that. And again, if Breonna was a young white female, someone would have faced AT LEAST a negligent homicide charge in this case.
I lied? Did you watch the NY times video? Wow dude, it is obvious you do not understand the law. Your suspect in custody makes no sense.

Good rule of thumb, don't associate with criminals, pick better friends and partners. No skin color is immune to poor life choices.
Michael Cohen is that you?

Do you believe if that happens, that is a just and lawful response to the legal process as it has played out so far?
I never said I supported it or condone it. Of course I don't. The point is basically that the police are bringing this stuff upon themselves.

In addition to what MAY happen tonight, those stupid trigger happy redneck cops just cost their city $12 million dollars. They really need to think a little more and shoot a little less.

They indicted one officer of wanton endangerment and the two officers were not indicted for anything in the killing of Breonna Taylor . The wanton endangerment was for shooting into the apartment from outside. None were indicted for the killing Bronne Taylor. The officer charged with wanton endangerment could get as little as one year in jail. I suspect this is not what the community was expecting/hoping for and that there will be protests which could lead to more riots. I have written this before, stop killing unarmed black people and you will stop having riots.
First I hope there are no riots. Secondly, and I said this and router thread it is now apparently legal to murder a black person in their home in Kentucky. There is no justice.

First I hope there are no riots. Secondly, and I said this and router thread it is now apparently legal to murder a black person in their home in Kentucky. There is no justice.

Exactly !!!!

Go ahead and riot just dont be surprised when people shoot back and none of us care.

Justice is subjective? .... or should we conclude that justice is immutable, but outrage is selective?

You lefties crack me up!

1600899886719.jpeg

1*w1IHo_0MN9Hoz-AsJNsTJQ.jpeg

I know not to believe a word from the officers, who lied in their initial police reports for a reason (or reasons).

I know that Taylor's boyfriend stated that he didn't know who was knocking, and that he fired only when the door flew off the hinges and into the apartment.

I know that Taylor's boyfriend, whom the police actually visualized...was not wounded, but Breonna Taylor (who was never visualized by an officer) was shot six times.

I know that it's NEVER ok for an officer to fire, randomly, into a building when he KNOWS there are other occupants in all directions.

And I know that if Breonna was a young white woman, SOMEONE would have already been charged with her murder...about 6 months ago.

And I have common sense.
I guess you believe anything a republican Trump loving, McConnell loving AG tells you. This whole thing was a set up to protect the cops from the get go. No body cams when one of the citizen videos shows a body cam. Lies on the original report that said she was not injured. One witness said he heard them announce, but many others said they didn't.

I wouldn't be surprised if those people burn down the courthouse and the police HQ. The city of Louisville in in for a world of sh**.

Can you support any claim you've made?

You are wrong, boyfriend shot at cops even after they announced who they were.

stuff happens, he caused it.

PS, 9pm curfews will stop illegal riots. I hope they are all locked up.
That’s what the National Guard is for, mass arrests, and it will show northern democrats how it’s done.

I hate the new format.

If they announced themselves or not should not be in dispute. Didnt any of them wear body cams to a raid?

They asked and received a LEGAL NO KNOCK warrant, I don’t agree with the use of such a warrant but nonetheless they legally had it.
you have continuously made up stuff and you question my posts? Get real.

It wasn't a no-knock warrant.

Where the hell are the body cam videos? THAT absence deserves punishment.

It's such a plug stupid simple solution no one can see it, I guess.

No officer should be on duty without an actively recording body camera, any more than they should go out on patrol without their firearm or handcuffs. It should be as natural as breathing.

What's more, they should be actively monitored by command staff back at the station, so their management can monitor and assist remotely in real time. There are probably a million situations where a commander back at base could offer advice or cool someone off remotely and prevent a tragedy, if only they could see and hear what was happening, instead of only having a one-sided trickle of low bandwidth info through a radio after the dust settles.

Simple, genuine force multiplying protection to all parties involved, and not even cost prohibitive.

Obviously completely unacceptable to police unions.

No officer should be on duty without an actively recording body camera, any more than they should go out on patrol without their firearm or handcuffs. It should be as natural as breathing.

What's more, they should be actively monitored by command staff back at the station, so their management can monitor and assist remotely in real time. There are probably a million situations where a commander back at base could offer advice or cool someone off remotely and prevent a tragedy, if only they could see and hear what was happening, instead of only having a one-sided trickle of low bandwidth info through a radio after the dust settles.

Simple, genuine force multiplying protection to all parties involved, and not even cost prohibitive.

They tried that and the cameras were exeonerating more cops and convicting more perps. Even the ACLU has backed off the body cam idea.

FFS yes it was. The received a no knock but then stated they knocked and announced anyway.
This is from the affidavit for the search warrant, which was granted.

15.) Affiant is requesting a No-Knock entry to the premises due to the nature of how these drug traffickers operate.
These drug traffickers have a history of attemptingto destroy evidence, have cameras on the location that compromise
Detectives once an approach to the dwelling is made, and a have history of fleeing from law enforcement.

Read it in it's entirety here (pdf)

(Eta fixed link)

Last edited:
This is from the affidavit for the search warrant, which was granted.

Read it in it's entirety here (pdf)
Thank you, some people just don’t care about facts.

I agree. I don't know of that live monitoring in use anywhere outside the military, like bin Laden's raid.

I never said I supported it or condone it. Of course I don't. The point is basically that the police are bringing this stuff upon themselves.

In addition to what MAY happen tonight, those stupid trigger happy redneck cops just cost their city $12 million dollars. They really need to think a little more and shoot a little less.

Think about where this broke down. They had evidence to get a warrant. Their procedures allowed for no-knock.

Right there, I think you have a problem. Why was no-knock needed? That creates this risk of gunfire from an unknown invader. Why not where they announce themselves? It seems a commander agreed, since he told them to do that.

Body cameras should have been used. It appears at least some officers did not. Problem.

Next up, evidence suggests they did not announce themselves. If not, that's another problem - not following orders and causing the problem.

So, they bang their way into the house. Residents thinking they're invaders defend themselves and shoot at them. Hard to see anything wrong there.

Officers entering, see the residents have a gun and shoot at them. They return fire, and hit one of them. Other than why they hit an unarmed resident and not the shooter - there might be an issue with that - it's hard to see what they'd do differently. By the point they were entering, if they were under fire, they defend themselves.

Then they appear to have falsified information. Definite problem.

So, there's a lot of attention to the shooting, but that's what doesn't seem wrong to me.

The no-knock warrant, the lack of body cameras, the apparent no-knock entry despite orders not to, the falsifying of information after the incident, those look like the problems.

Back
Top Bottom