• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Let the riots commence in Louisville in the killing of Breonna Taylor

Not even a reckless homicide charge?

Come on. That's beyond absurd.
Wait, it is a fact the boyfriend fired first and struck the Louisville officer.
it was a lawful search warrant, Taylor was still kn contact with her ex-boyfriend and had taken drugs and money into the apt.
Those are the facts.
Once again, those are some very selective fact...the facts you want to address.

The Castle Doctrine applies to black people, too, you know? Anyone is entitled to defend their home with lethal force. And Breonna's boyfriend stated that they heard nothing but loud knocking when the door was busted-in. He returned fire, as was his right. But, regardless.....NONE of the above justifies firing 20+ shots randomly into the apartment, btw.

And this announcement today did not address the legality (or lack thereof) of the search warrant. In fact, that's being investigated by the feds, as part of their investigation.

Also there were no drugs found in the apartment, or on Taylor or her boyfriend. And the records indicate that she was NOT "still in contact" with Glover, and had not been for quite some time. Even Glover, himself, who was already in custody when raid on Taylor's apartment was executed, said that.

Last edited:
They indicted one officer of wanton endangerment and the two officers were not indicted for anything in the killing of Breonna Taylor . The wanton endangerment was for shooting into the apartment from outside. None were indicted for the killing Bronne Taylor. The officer charged with wanton endangerment could get as little as one year in jail. I suspect this is not what the community was expecting/hoping for and that there will be protests which could lead to more riots. I have written this before, stop killing unarmed black people and you will stop having riots.

A terrible miscarriage of justice. The wanton endangerment charge is a gross overcharge based on the available facts. The subject they were seeking to arrest had a warrant for dealing drugs; the house they came to was indicated as being part of the drug operation; the officers knocked and announced themselves before entering; upon entering they encountered gunfire directed at them and returned fire in self defense. Breyona Taylor was killed in the ensuing exchange of gunfire. She made choices in her life to associate with known felons---and indications are she may have been complicit in the criminal operations as well.

Play stupid games win stupid prizes. Blame Darwin.

NONE of the above justifies firing 20+ shots randomly into the apartment, btw.

And this announcement today did not address the legality (or lack thereof) of the search warrant. In fact, that's being investigated by the feds, as part of their investigation.

Also there were no drugs found in the apartment, or on Taylor or her boyfriend. And the records indicate that she was NOT "still in contact" with Glover, and had not been for quite some time. Even Glover, himself, who was already in custody when raid on Taylor's apartment was executed, said that.

oh so the main target is now honest and his information should be trusted? The warrant was legal and the Sgt was struck first, I agree the officer who was fired for his actions should be charged and was.

A terrible miscarriage of justice. The wanton endangerment charge is a gross overcharge based on the available facts. The subject they were seeking to arrest had a warrant for dealing drugs; the house they came to was indicated as being part of the drug operation; the officers knocked and announced themselves before entering; upon entering they encountered gunfire directed at them and returned fire in self defense. Breyona Taylor was killed in the ensuing exchange of gunfire. She made choices in her life to associate with known felons---and indications are she may have been complicit in the criminal operations as well.

Play stupid games win stupid prizes. Blame Darwin.
They had a no knock warrant, which IMO are not a good idea. There are conflicting stories about announcing but they did not need to do.
The boyfriend should have been charged, but they dropped the charges later. He randomly shot in the direction he heard noises.

oh so the main target is now honest and his information should be trusted? The warrant was legal and the Sgt was struck first, I agree the officer who was fired for his actions should be charged and was.
Oh, so the police who LIED on their initial police report are now honest and should be trusted?

Why would the main target lie about something like that? And cell phone records are rather easy to obtain, you know? There is ZERO evidence that Taylor was "still in contact" with her ex. You just made that up, and you know it. There's a very good reason why the LMPD isn't promoting the argument you are defending.

We do not know if the warrant was legal, or not. That issue was NOT addressed by the Ky AG today. So stop with that lie, ok?

Once again since there was a warrant the whole thing started with a crime. She was unfortunately caught in the cross fire with the police and the boy friend. No one seems to care CHILDREN in Chicago have been killed in cross fire. The were there riots when a little white boy riding by a black guy was shot in the head and killed by the black guy???????????? How about that????

Oh, so the police who LIED on their initial police report are now honest and should be trusted?

Why would the main target lie about something like that? And cell phone records are rather easy to obtain, you know? There is ZERO evidence that Taylor was "still in contact" with her ex. You just made that up, and you know it. There's a very good reason why the LMPD isn't promoting the argument you are defending.

We do not know if the warrant was legal, or not. That issue was NOT addressed by the Ky AG today. So stop with that lie, ok?
When you knock on a persons door it is now ok for the resident to fire a shot at the door? If they lied on the search warrant then they deserve to be charged. The warrant was legal it was signed.

They had a no knock warrant, which IMO are not a good idea. There are conflicting stories about announcing but they did not need to do.
The boyfriend should have been charged, but they dropped the charges later. He randomly shot in the direction he heard noises.
This, too, is all b.s. You're just throwing poo at the wall, hoping that some of it sticks (or, at least, goes unchallenged so you can declare it a "fact" later), right?

Ask ANY trained police officer about a "knock and announce" in multi-family residence scenario, and you'll be told that it is the officers obligation to identify themselves so loudly that EVERYONE in the vicinity hears them. That clearly didn't happen. Again, of 12 witnesses identified from adjacent apartments, and above/below apartments....only ONE person claims to have heard anything. And that guy was a truck driver who had just got home and was awake watching tv in the apartment directly above Taylor's.

There was ZERO reason to charge the boyfriend. He fired ONE shot, and it was NOT "random". It was directly at the first person that busted through his door. He hit the cop in his thigh, before the 3 cops opened fired and RANDOMLY fired 20+ shots in 3 directions...killing Breonna. Breonna's boyfriend (who that actually laid eyes on) wasn't even wounded. And he was entirely within his rights to fire upon anyone intruding into the apartment. Even the LMPD acknowledges that.

When you knock on a persons door it is now ok for the resident to fire a shot at the door? If they lied on the search warrant then they deserve to be charged. The warrant was legal it was signed.
Why must you keep making up lies and resorting to Strawman logic in order to justify yours arguments?

Taylor's boyfriend didn't fire a shot until the door flew off and the first man busted into the apartment.

And a signed warrant is NOT necessarily a legal warrant. Also, they already had the suspect in custody at the time they busted into Taylor's apartment. They raided and arrested the suspect 40 minutes before the raid on Taylor's apt.

Geez, man...enough with the dumb stuff, already.

That's my #1 (but not only, e.g., police falsifying times is a serious problem) concern in this incident. What do they expect with a 'no knock warrant' but that innocent armed people might shoot at presumed intruders? Those should be much more limited in their use IMO.

That's ridiculous. Firing a shot *as the residence is being broken into by unidentified intruders* is not 'randomly in the direction he heard noises'. There's a difference between hearing and seeing the front door being knocked in and hearing someone drop a bottle outside. It might not be ideal to shoot, but it's understandable and legal IMO.

This, too, is all b.s. You're just throwing poo at the wall, hoping that some of it sticks (or, at least, goes unchallenged so you can declare it a "fact" later), right?

Ask ANY trained police officer about a "knock and announce" in multi-family residence scenario, and you'll be told that it is the officers obligation to identify themselves so loudly that EVERYONE in the vicinity hears them. That clearly didn't happen. Again, of 12 witnesses identified from adjacent apartments, and above/below apartments....only ONE person claims to have heard anything. And that guy was a truck driver who had just got home and was awake watching tv in the apartment directly above Taylor's.

There was ZERO reason to charge the boyfriend. He fired ONE shot, and it was NOT "random". It was directly at the first person that busted through his door. He hit the cop in his thigh, before the 3 cops opened fired and RANDOMLY fired 20+ shots in 3 directions...killing Breonna. Breonna's boyfriend (who that actually laid eyes on) wasn't even wounded. And he was entirely within his rights to fire upon anyone intruding into the apartment. Even the LMPD acknowledges that.
They asked and received a LEGAL NO KNOCK warrant, I don’t agree with the use of such a warrant but nonetheless they legally had it.
you have continuously made up stuff and you question my posts? Get real.

Where the hell are the body cam videos? THAT absence deserves punishment.

Why must you keep making up lies and resorting to Strawman logic in order to justify yours arguments?

Taylor's boyfriend didn't fire a shot until the door flew off and the first man busted into the apartment.

And a signed warrant is NOT necessarily a legal warrant. Also, they already had the suspect in custody at the time they busted into Taylor's apartment. They raided and arrested the suspect 40 minutes before the raid on Taylor's apt.

Geez, man...enough with the dumb stuff, already.
You keep bringing up the suspect. There were more than one person arrested the main target ran a drug business out of multiple properties. Drug dealers are able to utilize multiple residences for their illegal activities, therefore him being in custody has zero to do with your lame argument.

Where the hell are the body cam videos? THAT absence deserves punishment.
Majority of narcotics officers do not wear cameras. They have changed that in Louisville from what i have read.

They asked and received a LEGAL NO KNOCK warrant, I don’t agree with the use of such a warrant but nonetheless they legally had it.
you have continuously made up stuff and you question my posts? Get real.
:rolleyes:, of course, you and I both know you can't point to a single "lie" from me. But I understand you needed to say that to save face.

They did get a no-knock warrant. That doesn't make it legal, if they lied in order to get it approved. And, more importantly, according to the AG of Ky, they were given explicit orders to conduct and "knock and announce", not a no-knock.

But that's all an aside to the basic question of the legality of the warrant, which is being investigated by the FBI due some questions about the veracity of some of the claims made in the request for the warrant to raid Taylor's apartment.

That said, at least you've stopped lying about the boyfriend "randomly shooting at noises he heard". That's progress.

They indicted one officer of wanton endangerment and the two officers were not indicted for anything in the killing of Breonna Taylor . The wanton endangerment was for shooting into the apartment from outside. None were indicted for the killing Bronne Taylor. The officer charged with wanton endangerment could get as little as one year in jail. I suspect this is not what the community was expecting/hoping for and that there will be protests which could lead to more riots. I have written this before, stop killing unarmed black people and you will stop having riots.
First, it's not "community" but the rioting and looting thugs.
Second, they riot no matter the facts. Even if the thug is shown on tape trying to kill the cop, they will riot and go shopping for free phones, anyway.
Third, you have no clue how many "unarmed black people" cops kill a year. You are just bs-ing, hoping that this noodle will stick.

If you know, share that info with us. An approximate number will do fine so skip slogans and essays.

They had a no knock warrant, which IMO are not a good idea.

I am always leery of the power of government agents to possibly abuse our 4th Amendment right protections. People might be surprised to know I am not blindly 100% apologetic of law enforcement. My position is they are as similar to a 'force of nature' and as such should be looked at that way----both the good and the bad. Nature is to be respected, you can be right--- or wrong, and still affected by "forces of nature"-- so best to be constantly on guard.

I am also a stanch believer in our fundamental rights to self protection. I could imagine a situation of someone barging into my home and how I would react. Therefore, I am sympathetic to the idea of how a "no knock warrant" could go awry. But that being said, I am not a criminal. I do not commit crimes, I do not do drugs, nobody in family does drugs, and I wouldn't have any friends in that lifestyle either. So, when someone INVITES police (government agent) attention, then they do so at their own risk. I'm not saying the police are always right, what I am saying is you want to keep the police attention away from looking at you the same way you respect nature; you don't feed bears, you don't chase tornadoes.

There are conflicting stories about announcing but they did not need to do.

The police had not only reasonable suspicion to be there, but also probable cause, they had a warrant. If the debate is about a procedure on announcing before entering, that also would include the possible risk officers out doing their jobs. And think about it this way: if someone is a drug dealer, a person who deals daily with other dealers trying to rip them off, cartels acting to collect their "tax" (or punishment); dope head customers looking to steal from them; many people targeting them to be killed-----so if somoeone outside a locked door is "claiming to be the police"----- how are we sure the drug dealer would believe that? Then we begin to see why police procedure is what it may be. They are in a dangerous position when dealing with dangerous people.

As happens often the DA may offer immunity to a suspect in order to obtain facts important to a larger matter. In this case whether this was a murder or manslaughter? Therefore any drug charges on that guy go away in exchange for his necessary cooperation. It will be up to a future jury (trier of fact) to give weight to that guy's testimony; to accept his statement or to reject it.

You keep bringing up the suspect. There were more than one person arrested the main target ran a drug business out of multiple properties. Drug dealers are able to utilize multiple residences for their illegal activities, therefore him being in custody has zero to do with your lame argument.
More made up b.s.

The question (one of many) that remains completely unaddressed by the LMPD (and the Ky AG) is....what justified the raid on Taylor's apartment in the first place? Remember, you LIED when you asserted that Taylor had "been in contact" with the suspect. That's never been proved...nor even suggested by a credible source. That was just one of the made-up "facts" you've alleged in this thread, so far.

If the suspect is in custody, there is no need to serve a no-knock warrant, at 1 a.m. And the outcome in this case proves that. And again, if Breonna was a young white female, someone would have faced AT LEAST a negligent homicide charge in this case.

The Castle Doctrine applies to black people, too, you know? Anyone is entitled to defend their home with lethal force. And Breonna's boyfriend stated that they heard nothing but loud knocking when the door was busted-in. He returned fire, as was his right. But, regardless.....NONE of the above justifies firing 20+ shots randomly into the apartment, btw.

You could not get me to live in Louisville KY. You would have to shackle me and take me there under guard to imprison me AND I AM WHITE! Any state sending Mitch McConnell and Rand Paul to the Senate is simply alien or worse. Our country is currently a zoo and Kentucky is the Monkey House.

Ask ANY trained police officer about a "knock and announce" in multi-family residence scenario, and you'll be told that it is the officers obligation to identify themselves so loudly that EVERYONE in the vicinity hears them.

Only as a matter or procedure, only as a matter to mitigate possible civil damages after the conclusion of a police action that goes sideways due to unforeseen circumstances. Does everyone in that area even speak English? Does everyone have good hearing? Is everyone there not cognitively impaired? See my point?

Announcing is only a matter of form, it doesn't really change much when things are happening instantanously in these types of police actions. The only other alternative would be to bring in 50 officers, establish a perimiter, get on the bull horn and announce to the entire city block their intentions to serve a warrant as people to shelter in their homes, and then to demand the subject(s) come out with their hands in the air. But such an operation is expensive and there just aren't enough police to do that 3-4 times every day within an area of operations.

That clearly didn't happen. Again, of 12 witnesses identified from adjacent apartments, and above/below apartments....only ONE person claims to have heard anything. And that guy was a truck driver who had just got home and was awake watching tv in the apartment directly above Taylor's.

Doesn't matter. You are missing the point of an announcment in that kind of situation. It is only as I said, to "dot the eye" of the local law or local police policy.

There was ZERO reason to charge the boyfriend.

If he was involved in any illegal activities, then his actions teeter between the actions of a reasonable law abiding citizen in their own home, and criminal involved in a criminal enterprise. His potential bad acts may define his use of a gun. Could be reasonable that he felt he was being attacked by other criminals, but he loses part of his justification due to his prior illegal actions.

He fired ONE shot, and it was NOT "random". It was directly at the first person that busted through his door. He hit the cop in his thigh, before the 3 cops opened fired and RANDOMLY fired 20+ shots in 3 directions...killing Breonna. Breonna's boyfriend (who that actually laid eyes on) wasn't even wounded. And he was entirely within his rights to fire upon anyone intruding into the apartment. Even the LMPD acknowledges that.

Like the saying goes, "trouble rides a fast horse". Good reason to avoid trouble. Don't sell drugs.

That's because Taylor's ol' man was firing at the cops, while Taylor was sitting next to him. There was no no-knock warrant and cops knocked on the door, right before Kenneth Walker opened fire.

I guess you believe anything a republican Trump loving, McConnell loving AG tells you. This whole thing was a set up to protect the cops from the get go. No body cams when one of the citizen videos shows a body cam. Lies on the original report that said she was not injured. One witness said he heard them announce, but many others said they didn't.

I wouldn't be surprised if those people burn down the courthouse and the police HQ. The city of Louisville in in for a world of sh**.

I guess you believe anything a republican Trump loving, McConnell loving AG tells you. This whole thing was a set up to protect the cops from the get go. No body cams when one of the citizen videos shows a body cam. Lies on the original report that said she was not injured. One witness said he heard them announce, but many others said they didn't.

I wouldn't be surprised if those people burn down the courthouse and the police HQ. The city of Louisville in in for a world of sh**.

Good rule of thumb, don't associate with criminals, pick better friends and partners. No skin color is immune to poor life choices.

Good rule of thumb, don't associate with criminals, pick better friends and partners. No skin color is immune to poor life choices.
It sounds like you're giving some good advice to Donald Trump.😉

Back
Top Bottom