• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Let the riots commence in Louisville in the killing of Breonna Taylor

independentusa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
They indicted one officer of wanton endangerment and the two officers were not indicted for anything in the killing of Breonna Taylor . The wanton endangerment was for shooting into the apartment from outside. None were indicted for the killing Bronne Taylor. The officer charged with wanton endangerment could get as little as one year in jail. I suspect this is not what the community was expecting/hoping for and that there will be protests which could lead to more riots. I have written this before, stop killing unarmed black people and you will stop having riots.

They indicted one officer of wanton endangerment and the two officers were not indicted for anything in the killing of Breonna Taylor . The wanton endangerment was for shooting into the apartment from outside. None were indicted for the killing Bronne Taylor. The officer charged with wanton endangerment could get as little as one year in jail. I suspect this is not what the community was expecting/hoping for and that there will be protests which could lead to more riots. I have written this before, stop killing unarmed black people and you will stop having riots.

Ricardo Munoz was armed and on the attack when he was shot by police and there were still riots.

Taylor's death isn't a good hill to make a stand on.

Correction...they indicted one officer for "reckless endangerment" of the family in the apartment next to Breonna Taylor's. NO ONE was charged for the homicide of Breonna Taylor. Her death, literally, means nothing in the eyes of the people of Kentucky.

Just another stunning...but entirely expected, miscarriage of justice.

Correction...they indicted one officer for "reckless endangerment" of the family in the apartment next to Breonna Taylor's. NO ONE was charged for the homicide of Breonna Taylor. Her death, literally, means nothing in the eyes of the people of Kentucky.

That's because Taylor's ol' man was firing at the cops, while Taylor was sitting next to him. There was no no-knock warrant and cops knocked on the door, right before Kenneth Walker opened fire.

There's virtually no evidence that he knew the police were behind that "knock". Of 12 witnesses interviewed from apartments above, below and adjacent to Taylor's apartment, one (the neighbor directly above, who happened to be awake and watching t.v. at the time of the raid), says they heard ANYTHING from the police before the shooting began.

Clearly, the police didn't identify themselves after breaching the door, because Taylor's boyfriend wouldn't have opened fire on them.

the mob always wants to hang someone

he is not getting a year, he is gonna walk, it truly was self defense at that point

Clearly, the police didn't identify themselves after breaching the door, because Taylor's boyfriend wouldn't have opened fire on them.

You simply don't know this.

Something feels off about this OP. And I don't just mean the condoning of riots. 🧐

You simply don't know this.
I know not to believe a word from the officers, who lied in their initial police reports for a reason (or reasons).

I know that Taylor's boyfriend stated that he didn't know who was knocking, and that he fired only when the door flew off the hinges and into the apartment.

I know that Taylor's boyfriend, whom the police actually visualized...was not wounded, but Breonna Taylor (who was never visualized by an officer) was shot six times.

I know that it's NEVER ok for an officer to fire, randomly, into a building when he KNOWS there are other occupants in all directions.

And I know that if Breonna was a young white woman, SOMEONE would have already been charged with her murder...about 6 months ago.

And I have common sense.

Last edited:

The police officer was wounded and shot at first. The idiot cop deserved to be indicted the others did not. The Taylor family received 12 million and the police department agreed to change policies.

The police officer was wounded and shot at first. The idiot cop deserved to be indicted the others did not. The Taylor family received 12 million and the police department agreed to change policies.
I disagree. All 3 officers began firing randomly into the apartment (and even into adjacent apartments). The fact that one officer was wounded certainly justifies returning fire...but not randomly, in an apartment complex filled with occupants. It would be different if they fired at the suspect they actually SAW (i.e. Taylor's boyfriend). But he wasn't wounded. They killed Breonna and never laid a scratch on her boyfriend.

And, remember, this was a wrongful intrusion. Neither Taylor, nor her boyfriend, had anything to do with the purpose of the warrant.

All 3 should be charged with Breonna's death. Instead, the only charges are for endangering the lives of people in OTHER apartments.

This all boils down to the way the evidence was presented by the republican AG of Kentucky. I thought his press conference was a disgrace.

Sorry, but the next time we see a white woman gunned down by a wrongful police intrusion...."by mistake", with NO ONE charged for the death....will be the very first time in our nation's history.

I disagree. All 3 officers began firing randomly into the apartment (and even into adjacent apartments). The fact that one officer was wounded certainly justifies returning fire...but not randomly, in an apartment complex filled with occupants. It would be different if they fired at the suspect they actually SAW (i.e. Taylor's boyfriend). But he wasn't wounded. They killed Breonna and never laid a scratch on her boyfriend.

And, remember, this was a wrongful intrusion. Neither Taylor, nor her boyfriend, had anything to do with the purpose of the warrant.

All 3 should be charged with Breonna's death. Instead, the only charges are for endangering the lives of people in OTHER apartments.

This all boils down to the way the evidence was presented by the republican AG of Kentucky. I thought his press conference was a disgrace.

Sorry, but the next time we see a white woman gunned down by a wrongful police intrusion...."by mistake", with NO ONE charged for the death....will be the very first time in our nation's history.
Wait, it is a fact the boyfriend fired first and struck the Louisville officer.
it was a lawful search warrant, Taylor was still kn contact with her ex-boyfriend and had taken drugs and money into the apt.
Those are the facts.

Ricardo Munoz was armed and on the attack when he was shot by police and there were still riots.

Taylor's death isn't a good hill to make a stand on.
Are you kidding. the police broke into a house without warning late at night and the occupant shot at them thinking it was intruders. He did so wit a licensed gun. He was not in the room where taylor was in bed, but they went into that room and shot 20 times hitting her 8 times. Now the police said they announced themselves, but it is only their word and what do you expect when they went into the house where they found nothing illegal and killed a woman lying in her bed. And one of them actually stood outside and just shot into the house without aiming

Something feels off about this OP. And I don't just mean the condoning of riots. 🧐
I am certainly not condoning riots, just the opposite. I am saying that if the damn cops would stop shooting unarmed black men, there would be no riots. And cops shooting unarmed black people just keeps happening time and time again and very few cops ever pay a penalty. When they do pay everyone moans that they were scapegoats. I remember one incident where the man was running away from the cop unarmed and the cop shot him in the back fro 25 feet away and it was found to be justified. It is like this has become a legal way of lynching them.

Wait, it is a fact the boyfriend fired first and struck the Louisville officer.
it was a lawful search warrant, Taylor was still kn contact with her ex-boyfriend and had taken drugs and money into the apt.
Those are the facts.
So as long as you break down their door by mistake, and do not identify yourself it gives the okay to kill someone sleeping in her bed?

That's because Taylor's ol' man was firing at the cops, while Taylor was sitting next to him. There was no no-knock warrant and cops knocked on the door, right before Kenneth Walker opened fire.
sorry it doesn't fly in this case. the warrant was bad. the guy was already in custody and the owner just sees a bunch of armed guys coming up to his house. he has a right to defend himself and the police did not announce themselves.

So as long as you break down their door by mistake, and do not identify yourself it gives the okay to kill someone sleeping in her bed?
Why are you making stuff up? It was a valid search warrant for the apt. Taylor was using her apt to store money and/or drugs for her ex-boyfriend.

The police did knock on the door and announce who they were, but the boyfriend of Breonna fired upon the police first injuring one officer, thus the return fire and Breonna in the crossfire. Sad story, but if the boyfriend never fired first, this would not even be news, for Breonna would still be alive.

In my day we would call the Ag aan Uncle Tom, but I was actually the foreman of a federal grand jury and the way you present the evidence and the way it is presented can get a jury to do most of what you want.

sorry it doesn't fly in this case. the warrant was bad. the guy was already in custody and the owner just sees a bunch of armed guys coming up to his house. he has a right to defend himself and the police did not announce themselves.
Please do some research, that is not what happened.

Why are you making stuff up? It was a valid search warrant for the apt. Taylor was using her apt to store money and/or drugs for her ex-boyfriend.
Funny, they did not find any of that in the apartment, DID THEY. They got a local yocal to give them a warrant on hearsay and guess work and now someone is dead.

Are you kidding. the police broke into a house without warning late at night and the occupant shot at them thinking it was intruders. He did so wit a licensed gun. He was not in the room where taylor was in bed, but they went into that room and shot 20 times hitting her 8 times. Now the police said they announced themselves, but it is only their word and what do you expect when they went into the house where they found nothing illegal and killed a woman lying in her bed. And one of them actually stood outside and just shot into the house without aiming

You do have facts wrong here.

First, they claim they did knock and identify themselves despite the no-knock warrant. This is contested and likely not able to be verified though.

Second, she was not killed in her bed. She was in the hall. Her and her boyfriend were awake when the knocking started and she left her bed for apparently the hall and he grabbed his gun.

She was shot 6 times, not 8.

As for whether it was a good shooting, there are certainly some reasonable doubts from both sides.

One of the things that may have hurt this case actually was the multiple internet rumors filled with false information.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Funny, they did not find any of that in the apartment, DID THEY. They got a local yocal to give them a warrant on hearsay and guess work and now someone is dead.
Huh? It was a legal warrant.

Back
Top Bottom