• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

let obama care fail

plutonium

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
first of all you are not suppose to let the gov not be able to pay its bills because of a law you do not like ... also if this law is so bad let it run and fail until the 2014 elections.. if obamacare is so bad repubs,, let it work for you.....only confederates, tea party and people that want to break away from this country would shut down this government.. we know who you are....oh hhh another thing ,,,,quit telling women what to do with their bodies after all you dont want anyone telling you what to do with your guns,,,,mainly who you sell them too...

first of all you are not suppose to let the gov not be able to pay its bills because of a law you do not like ... also if this law is so bad let it run and fail until the 2014 elections.. if obamacare is so bad repubs,, let it work for you.....only confederates, tea party and people that want to break away from this country would shut down this government.. we know who you are....oh hhh another thing ,,,,quit telling women what to do with their bodies after all you dont want anyone telling you what to do with your guns,,,,mainly who you sell them too...

I've been saying for the last six months that if Obamacare doesn't get repealed, and if it doesn't cause a horrific recession and the disentigration of our health care system, that it will be the end of Republican hopes to keep control of the House, or to take control of the Senate or POTUS for many years to come.

THATS the reason that republicans are fighting to stop Obamacare so bad. They don't actually think that Obamacare is going to ruin anything, and they realize that the American public is going to loose faith in republicans because their "the sky is falling because of Obamacare" rhetoric. If they can stop Obamacare, then they can argue that they "saved the world from disaster", if they can't, they look like idiots.

DISCLAIMER: I do not and never will be an Obamacare supporter and I have not voted for Obama, or any democrat in the past 20 years. I'm just calling 'em the way I see 'em.

Interesting bait.

first of all you are not suppose to let the gov not be able to pay its bills because of a law you do not like
Says who?

let obama care fail
No. You let that happen, they then try and fix it, still keeping people dependent on the government, forcing others to pay for someone else's healthcare and likely would make things worse.

Getting rid of it solves these problems.

And we've all seen the RepubLies replacement plan for ACA, right?

And we've all seen the RepubLies replacement plan for ACA, right?
They do not need a replacement plan.
Going back to the way it was is fine.

very open minded i see some people out there can think without emotions controlling them

excuse me boss....we are already paying for other people not having health care ...why do you think our premiums are so high

It has nothing to do with "letting". It's going to fail, whether we "let" it or not.

excuse me boss....we are already paying for other people not having health care ...why do you think our premiums are so high
That can be fixed by not doing so.

the repubs say obamacare is bad ...so it will not work for the people,,, the people will hate it correct? in that case obamacare failed ....i just looked up what the ins co net in one year ,,it is in the billions i pay 450 a month at kaiser... i am tired of paying for other peoples medical bills... people say they dont want med ins. but at the same time they drive a car and can get in an accident...better yet a motorcycle

the repubs say obamacare is bad ...so it will not work for the people,,, the people will hate it correct? in that case obamacare failed ....i just looked up what the ins co net in one year ,,it is in the billions i pay 450 a month at kaiser...
i am tired of paying for other peoples medical bills
... people say they dont want med ins. but at the same time they drive a car and can get in an accident...better yet a motorcycle

Oh man, you ain't no ways tired yet.
You're gonna be paying for other people's policies - and deductibles - through their subsidies and the Government is going to make you.

the repubs say obamacare is bad ...so it will not work for the people,,, the people will hate it correct? in that case obamacare failed ....i just looked up what the ins co net in one year ,,it is in the billions i pay 450 a month at kaiser... i am tired of paying for other peoples medical bills... people say they dont want med ins. but at the same time they drive a car and can get in an accident...better yet a motorcycle

The bolded above is somewhat confusing. You are 'tired of paying for other peoples medical bills' but the ACA merely takes your tax money to subsidize other's health insurance. In the end you are still paying...? And frankly the premise of insurance is that all pay in to spread the risk when the Ins Co.s cover those who get sick/hurt. Before/after ACA same is same.

I for one would be willing to allow Obamacare to run its course under the condition that all exemptions to the law be eliminated and every American required to participate, including Unions and Congress as well as all government employees_

After all, the only way to get a fair assessment of Obamacare is if we all equally share in what it has to offer_

I would imagine a large portion of the Obamacare support base would soon crumble under the weight of discontent_

And frankly the premise of insurance is that all pay in to spread the risk when the Ins Co.s cover those who get sick/hurt. Before/after ACA same is same.
Not the same thing.
One is a voluntary program of insurance, while the other isn't voluntary or insurance.

do away with mandatory Car insurance!!

Not the same thing.
One is a voluntary program of insurance, while the other isn't voluntary or insurance.

From an individual participation perspective you are correct. Thank you for clarifying my position.

From an individual participation perspective you are correct. Thank you for clarifying my position.
Well not exactly.
Spreading the risk was done by choice, while the other is not insurance at all, all it is is paying for another's care.
Forced is wrong. Period.

Well not exactly.
Spreading the risk was done by choice, while the other is not insurance at all, all it is is paying for another's care.
Forced is wrong. Period.

So you weren't correct...? confused, please elaborate. What is 'the other'? Does 'forced'=mandate?

So you weren't correct...? confused, please elaborate. What is 'the other'? Does 'forced'=mandate?
:doh
Stop with the games.
You know exactly what was said and meant.

They are not the same.

:doh
Stop with the games.
You know exactly what was said and meant.

They are not the same.

This is no game! Perhaps I am just to stupid to see your point.

carry on...

I agree with your title to this thread. Shutting down the government over Obama Care in my opinion is asinine. If I was a Republican I would let the law have its full effect for a year and let the voters decide in November of 2014 whether or not it is good or bad by deciding who will control the senate. In my opinion, Boehner and company has done the Democrats a big favor here and may have ruin their chances of regaining the senate next year.

But again, Americans have a very short memory and attention span. This shut down will be long forgotten by this time next year. It will be overtaken by events we can't yet imagine.

you are right

we are forced to do a lot of things in this country...but what i really would like is a to be forced is criminal and mental background check when you can buy a gun...and yes i am a gun owner......

Back
Top Bottom