• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Lese Majeste! Clinton Fury With Sanders Grows

LowDown

Curmudgeon
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
Fury against Bernie Sanders is growing in Clinton World.

In public, Hillary Clinton’s aides and allies have kept their anger checked, decrying the rowdy outbursts at Nevada’s state convention last weekend but saying they believe Sanders will ultimately do the right thing by helping to unite the Democratic Party.

Behind the scenes, however, they are seething that statements by the Vermont senator are just making matters worse by further alienating his supporters from Clinton, the front-runner for the party’s presidential nomination.

The continued combat on the left is also complicating Clinton’s efforts to fully turn her attention to presumptive Republican nominee Donald Trump, who is reveling in the Democratic feuding.

“This is the worst-case scenario and the one people feared the most,” said one Clinton ally and former Clinton aide.

“Unfortunately, he’s choosing the path of burning down the house,”

You go Bernie! Bern baby Bern!

The sense of entitlement of the Clinton people is breathtaking. I hope Sanders runs a third party bid just to teach them a lesson.

But then we end up with Trump, which will teach us ALL a lesson. :cry:

Clinton fury with Sanders grows | TheHill

The sense of entitlement of the Clinton people is breathtaking. I hope Sanders runs a third party bid just to teach them a lesson.

Wow...the Clinton camp is upset by something hurting her chances to be elected.

Who ever heard of a political candidate being upset by something like that?

This must be a first.

Thank you so much for offering it for consideration, LowDown.

Things must be really slow for your side right now, huh?

We are going to be taught a lesson this time, no matter what. I just cannot fathom, how people could have missed the lessen from the last President.

This must be a first.

It makes the election more exciting. Maybe BS will harm the Democrats enough to allow Trump to trump them.

It makes the election more exciting. Maybe BS will harm the Democrats enough to allow Trump to trump them.

There definitely is that possibility, Jo.

I guess they would teach Hillary a lesson if that happens.

Unfortunately, they'd certainly be teaching themselves a lesson, too!

This must be a first.

You really don't like it when right wingers post stuff, do you.

We are going to be taught a lesson this time, no matter what. I just cannot fathom, how people could have missed the lessen from the last President.

We learned that you have to be completely crazy to run for President, and we are now living with the results of that.

You really don't like it when right wingers post stuff, do you.

I do not mind it at all.

But...like with the left wingers...sometimes the effort is a stretch.

This one was a stretch on your part.

What you are essentially saying here is that Clinton want to win the presidency...and is not delighted with anything that harms her chances.

Of what possible use is that information?

Good morning, LowDown. :2wave:

The Clinton camp is furious because Sanders won't drop out? WTH? The man has drawn huge crowds at his rallies - many of them young people who have never taken an interest in politics before - and he should drop out when he's getting millions of votes? He's been fighting a tough battle with the deck stacked against him since the beginning of his campaign, and just because she feels entitled to the nomination for reasons known only to her doesn't make it an automatic win for her! How unfair! :thumbdown: I don't agree with much of his agenda, but he has the right to present it!

I do not mind it at all.

But...like with the left wingers...sometimes the effort is a stretch.

This one was a stretch on your part.

What you are essentially saying here is that Clinton want to win the presidency...and is not delighted with anything that harms her chances.

Of what possible use is that information?

I think the demand that Sanders give up his effort despite his increased success is what sets this apart. After all, he still has a chance to turn the superdelegates.

Sense of entitlement; that's what it is.

I have some friends in the Hare Krishna movement who like to compete with me.

They have a large sense of entitlement.

I saw Hillary Clinton tv yesterday totally taken over by one of these people, her facial expressions etc. and this sense of entitlement. She's been pretty good lately at not doing this but here it was.

I was revolted by this display of puppetry that they seem to like to do sometimes so I rejected Hillary and went to work on Trump.

At least this may even things up a little bit.

I saw on the news that they too were favoring Trump in their presentation for this reason (to keep it even.)

I am finished with the Democratic Party. The Nevada convention and how it was misrepresented by the party leadership afterward was the last straw for me. It's Greens, Libertarians, and Independents only for me now in the future.

I am finished with the Democratic Party. The Nevada convention and how it was misrepresented by the party leadership afterward was the last straw for me. It's Greens, Libertarians, and Independents only for me now in the future.

Sanders' people revolted out of some conspiracy theory when rules and procedures were followed not giving them what they did not win.

I think it's really funny that they think this is true. It speaks volumes about how badly the Clintons' understand what is now half (and possibly soon enough to become a slim majority) of their base. They seem to think that Sanders has "tricked" them into thinking Hillary is corrupt and does not have their interests at heart.

Yeah, they would never have got that idea from anyone but Sanders, and they obviously didn't think that until Sanders "told them to think it." Yeah, I'm sure that's it.

Yeah, this is pretty amazing. Yeah, Hillary, just keep on driving the base away with your sense of entitlement and refusal to concede on any substantial parts of Sanders campaign platform that clearly a majority of your party wants and a minority will refuse to vote for you unless you adopt, and keep on lying about his supporters and the Nevada convention. Just hammer away at that wedge. Then November will turn out great for you.

Last edited:

This is such a brazen example of how the DNC, CNN, MSNBC, and the internet-based, DNC-lead media outlets (e.g. Daily Kos, Vox, The Daily Beast) just couldn't give a f*** less about being anything more than a DNC propaganda machine, right?

I literally don't remember liberal media being this brazen before. This is brazenly giving no s***s about the truth.

Don't get your hopes up. There is some evidence that Bernie is quietly reassuring Democratic Party leaders that he has no intention of helping Trump by irreparably hurting Hillary.

If true, Bernie is playing a dangerous game of Riding the Tiger. Can he maintain his public defiance without stoking the Bernie or Bust wing of his supporters? Probably. Clinton herself did the same thing in 2008 when the PUMA (Party Unity My Ass) wing of her supporters threatened to split the party in the waning days of the primary campaign. She didn't really begin talking unity with Obama until early June. That gave her and her supporters time to tamp down the heat slowly going into the convention where she nominated Obama and Bill gave his outstanding nomination speech. It's a delicate dance with huge implications if Bernie gets it wrong, or Hillary does something to interrupt the process of disengagement for Bernie and is supporters.

But I understand how Trump supporters/Bernie or Busters are loving the spectacle. I would if the roles were reversed.

[url=http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/riding-the-tiger[/url]

Last edited:
Fury against Bernie Sanders is growing in Clinton World.

In public, Hillary Clinton’s aides and allies have kept their anger checked, decrying the rowdy outbursts at Nevada’s state convention last weekend but saying they believe Sanders will ultimately do the right thing by helping to unite the Democratic Party.

Behind the scenes, however, they are seething that statements by the Vermont senator are just making matters worse by further alienating his supporters from Clinton, the front-runner for the party’s presidential nomination.

The continued combat on the left is also complicating Clinton’s efforts to fully turn her attention to presumptive Republican nominee Donald Trump, who is reveling in the Democratic feuding.

“This is the worst-case scenario and the one people feared the most,” said one Clinton ally and former Clinton aide.

“Unfortunately, he’s choosing the path of burning down the house,”

That last sentence, “Unfortunately, he’s choosing the path of burning down the house,” it what I immediately thought as well. The greater the agitation between Bernie and Hillary the less the chances that either of them will win the White House, which is just fine by me.

Tell me again that the Democratic party isn't going through the same sort of establishment rejection and melt down as the GOP is. Yeah. Right.

Don't get your hopes up. There is some evidence that Bernie is quietly reassuring Democratic Party leaders that he has no intention of helping Trump by irreparably hurting Hillary.

Bernie may be reassuring them, but i think his supporters will vote Trump to hurt Hillary.

Good morning, LowDown. :2wave:

The Clinton camp is furious because Sanders won't drop out? WTH? The man has drawn huge crowds at his rallies - many of them young people who have never taken an interest in politics before - and he should drop out when he's getting millions of votes? He's been fighting a tough battle with the deck stacked against him since the beginning of his campaign, and just because she feels entitled to the nomination for reasons known only to her doesn't make it an automatic win for her! How unfair! :thumbdown: I don't agree with much of his agenda, but he has the right to present it!

Oh...how terrible of Hillary Clinton.

To think...an American politician who wants to win.

Gimme a break.

I think the demand that Sanders give up his effort despite his increased success is what sets this apart. After all, he still has a chance to turn the superdelegates.

DEMANDS???

They would like him to give it up.

I would like him to give it up.

Most of the Democrats outside the Sanders camp want him to give it up.

Hillary has 3 million more votes than he has.

THREE MILLION MORE.

She has almost 200 more won delegates.

Yeah...she is beating him solidly...and she would like to turn her attention to Donald Trump.

And if the Sanders people help Donald Trump to win the presidency...so be it.

They will have it on their consciences...not I.

Oh...how terrible of Hillary Clinton.

To think...an American politician who wants to win.

Gimme a break.
Really, you gonna treat my girl Polgara like that? Damn man that's just cold.

God, you are just the worst Hillary shill ever. Seriously, the fact that you willfully ignore every reprehensible thing that Hillary Clinton has done in her political career, just shows how much of a low-information voter you really are.

Really, you gonna treat my girl Polgara like that? Damn man that's just cold.

God, you are just the worst Hillary shill ever. Seriously, the fact that you willfully ignore every reprehensible thing that Hillary Clinton has done in her political career, just shows how much of a low-information voter you really are.

Get off that "low-information" voter nonsense.

I am as informed as you...and I intend to see that the progressive agenda gets the best shot at staying afloat as possible. You on the other hand...want to use the "I am principled" as an excuse to help trash the progressive agenda.

I'm not laughing at you...I am...well...

...hummm...I guess I am laughing at you.

Get off that "low-information" voter nonsense.

I am as informed as you...and I intend to see that the progressive agenda gets the best shot at staying afloat as possible. You on the other hand...want to use the "I am principled" as an excuse to help trash the progressive agenda.

I'm not laughing at you...I am...well...

...hummm...I guess I am laughing at you.
You obviously don't care to be informed at all, seeing as all you ever do is put your hands over your ears and go "La! La! La! La!" every single time me or anyone else brings up a valid criticism of Hillary Clinton.

At the most you are willfully ignorant.

You obviously don't care to be informed at all, seeing as all you ever do is put your hands over your ears and go "La! La! La! La!" every single time me or anyone else brings up a valid criticism of Hillary Clinton.

At the most you are willfully ignorant.

Get off it.

I most assuredly do not think Hillary Clinton is perfect...and I have acknowledged criticism of her.

But she is not the monster some of you people want to make her out to be...and she represents the BEST chance of keeping the Republicans out of the White House....something I want very much to do.

I am an advocate of a progressive agenda...and I want progressive items like our safety net programs protected and expanded. The best chance of that happening...is with the Democrats in the White House. (It would be nice if they had one of the houses of congress also.)

So don't sling your crap at me about hands over hears.

YOU are someone not willing to listen to decent reasons for not doing the damage you are doing.

Back
Top Bottom