• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Lese Majeste! Clinton Fury With Sanders Grows

I wonder if Hillary loses the nomination again if she's going to blame male misogyny like she did the last time she lost the nomination. That alone showed an entitlement mentality. It also tells me that Bernie would be a better choice than Hillary because he doesn't have that bigotry which could affect his leadership if he's elected. Her bigotry on the other hand most definitely would. We've seen the type of divisiveness that such bigotry promulgates in the Obama administration. I don't see any bigotry in Sanders.

I myself will never vote for Hillary because she is pretty much the most corrupt politician out there. I will also not vote for her because of her stance on guns which appears to be worse than even Bernie Sanders stance which isn't all that good, but still better than Hillary's.

In the end, I will never vote for Hillary and will vote Trump if Hillary gets the nomination. If Bernie gets the nomination I will vote for him over Trump because of Trumps bigotry being far worse than Obama's.

Good morning, Kal'Stang. :2wave:

Underlying everything that's going on with this election appears to be the anger and general disgust of the public with the status quo in DC. It's stunning to me that millions upon millions of people all across the country suddenly decided that they've had enough and are joining up with others they didn't even know felt the same way they do until now. How else can you explain Trump and Sanders remarkable campaign wins?

No matter who is elected POTUS, I don't see a thaw occurring from the party that didn't win - if anything I see the division getting worse. We all have to live with each other, so where is our "uniter" when we need them, and how on earth did we ever get to this point in the first place? Our Constitution sets forth the ground rules on fair treatment for all, and it worked for over two centuries - it hasn't changed. Why do some want to throw it in the trashcan? We don't need the UN to tell us how to run our government! We created them, so since when does the apprentice rule the master? .Are we expected to become part of a one-world government ruled by a small elite group who will tell everyone on earth how they are going to live in the future? Just musing....

No it is not.

The Sanders people are the Tea Party of the progressive side of the American political spectrum.

Fine...every political movement needs its jerks.

If Donald Trump wins this election...it will almost certainly be because the childish Sanders people were unable to accept that they were beaten fairly and squarely during the primary season.

The Tea Party makes me sick. The Tea Party of the progressive side makes me even sicker.

I see you are intolerant of ideas. The tea party folks and the Bernie folks do have common ground. They are both tired of establishment politics. For that I cannot call them jerks.

i hope sanders wins, america will finally have a choice between the reality of the democrat party (communism) and the reality of the republican party (capitalism) instead of these middle road nitwits like clinton, bush, and obama, who talk a good game but do nothing different from their predecessor. besides, if we go communist, the timer starts and in 20-30 years the left will collapse completely and we can start rebuilding.

i hope sanders wins, america will finally have a choice between the reality of the democrat party (communism) and the reality of the republican party (capitalism) instead of these middle road nitwits like clinton, bush, and obama, who talk a good game but do nothing different from their predecessor. besides, if we go communist, the timer starts and in 20-30 years the left will collapse completely and we can start rebuilding.

Greetings QuadpolarNutjob. :2wave:

Well, that's one way of looking at it! :mrgreen: It's going to be the "getting from here to there" that will be problematic - look at the EU and what the common people are currently facing all because a few in government decided for the many. :eek: No wonder some countries in the EU have decided that sovereign borders are important after all and are enforcing them, and the H*** with those in authority who don't agree!

Good morning, Kal'Stang. :2wave:

Underlying everything that's going on with this election appears to be the anger and general disgust of the public with the status quo in DC. It's stunning to me that millions upon millions of people all across the country suddenly decided that they've had enough and are joining up with others they didn't even know felt the same way they do until now. How else can you explain Trump and Sanders remarkable campaign wins?

No matter who is elected POTUS, I don't see a thaw occurring from the party that didn't win - if anything I see the division getting worse. We all have to live with each other, so where is our "uniter" when we need them, and how on earth did we ever get to this point in the first place? Our Constitution sets forth the ground rules on fair treatment for all, and it worked for over two centuries - it hasn't changed. Why do some want to throw it in the trashcan? We don't need the UN to tell us how to run our government! We created them, so since when does the apprentice rule the master? .Are we expected to become part of a one-world government ruled by a small elite group who will tell everyone on earth how they are going to live in the future? Just musing....

Good morning Polgara. :2wave:

We don't have a uniter at the moment. There simply isn't one. Or if there is they have no money or power to do anything with it. That's what it boils down to. Money and power. You will never see Joe/Jane Blow down the street even get the slightest hint of a nod by those with money and power. How can Joe/Jane Blow run for President when it is completely consumed by those with money and power? They can't. Did you know that there were actually several people that attempted to get on the ballot for POTUS this election season? Those people however didn't have money and as such never even got considered by anyone. We Americans seem to consider that those with money are the best and brightest among us and if you don't have it, you don't get any pulpit to stand and voice your stance. Don't get me wrong, they're quite free to voice their stance, no one is technically stopping them. But their voices are being drowned out by those that have money. Because they get the air time. They have the money to spread around and have others speak for them using other air times. Joe and Jane Doe will never be heard while Money and Power reign and people continue to think that those with money and power "know best".

As for the Constitution...it is only referred to when it suits peoples purposes. All other times its simply ignored or "reinterpreted" to mean something which was never even considered when it was made instead of simply using the Amendment Process to fix what people think needs fixing about it. And when people do recognize it, usually because they can't get around it, they advocate for throwing it in the trash can because its simply an obstruction to their "almighty belief that THEY know what's best for everyone and everything else be damned".

*sigh*

I could go on about this but I already know that there will be those that object to it and will rail at me. Railing that I plan to ignore for the simple fact that they won't listen and will make all sorts of excuses as to why I'm wrong and they're right. Besides, it will be derailing the thread and I think there's been enough of a Segway on this.

Be Well Polgara. :2wave:

Good morning Polgara. :2wave:

We don't have a uniter at the moment. There simply isn't one. Or if there is they have no money or power to do anything with it. That's what it boils down to. Money and power. You will never see Joe/Jane Blow down the street even get the slightest hint of a nod by those with money and power. How can Joe/Jane Blow run for President when it is completely consumed by those with money and power? They can't. Did you know that there were actually several people that attempted to get on the ballot for POTUS this election season? Those people however didn't have money and as such never even got considered by anyone. We Americans seem to consider that those with money are the best and brightest among us and if you don't have it, you don't get any pulpit to stand and voice your stance. Don't get me wrong, they're quite free to voice their stance, no one is technically stopping them. But their voices are being drowned out by those that have money. Because they get the air time. They have the money to spread around and have others speak for them using other air times. Joe and Jane Doe will never be heard while Money and Power reign and people continue to think that those with money and power "know best".

As for the Constitution...it is only referred to when it suits peoples purposes. All other times its simply ignored or "reinterpreted" to mean something which was never even considered when it was made instead of simply using the Amendment Process to fix what people think needs fixing about it. And when people do recognize it, usually because they can't get around it, they advocate for throwing it in the trash can because its simply an obstruction to their "almighty belief that THEY know what's best for everyone and everything else be damned".

*sigh*

I could go on about this but I already know that there will be those that object to it and will rail at me. Railing that I plan to ignore for the simple fact that they won't listen and will make all sorts of excuses as to why I'm wrong and they're right. Besides, it will be derailing the thread and I think there's been enough of a Segway on this.

Be Well Polgara. :2wave:

The thing that bothers me is that we are following the same path that caused Rome to fall, when they once ruled the world! The wealthy Senators in Rome who held all the power fled to their estates to escape the trouble they themselves caused, leaving the common people to fend for themselves, even though they had no voice in determining their future. History does tend to repeat itself from time to time, and that's scary, but I believe in Karma, so we'll see....

The thing that bothers me is that we are following the same path that caused Rome to fall, when they once ruled the world! The wealthy Senators in Rome who held all the power fled to their estates to escape the trouble they themselves caused, leaving the common people to fend for themselves, even though they had no voice in determining their future. History does tend to repeat itself from time to time, and that's scary, but I believe in Karma, so we'll see....
910510364208ef247fa77b46cf0bc083.jpg

Greetings, TheGoverness. :2wave:

:mrgreen: :thumbs: I'm leaning towards getting a huge dragon for myself - just as scary but they do fly and they breathe fire, which might come in handy for protection... :lamo

Fine...every political movement needs its jerks.

If Donald Trump wins this election...it will almost certainly be because the childish Sanders people were unable to accept that they were beaten fairly and squarely during the primary season.

The Tea Party makes me sick. The Tea Party of the progressive side makes me even sicker.

Try to actually address my post, Frank:

Firstly, that's the most non-sequitur response you could possibly give. Secondly, it doesn't matter what I think, it matters how the average American likes her, and how much she inspires them to vote. Right now, in the two most recent polls, she's losing to Donald Trump. To Donald f***ing Trump. Democrats somehow managed to find the one Democrat weak enough to lose to Donald "I Use the Best Words" Trump.

They're the ones who are throwing out a sure-thing-victory and are gambling with America's future. You can whine and blame Sanders and his supporters as long as you want to, but the facts are the facts. Amazingly, it's not even enough to you to just say, "Look, she's going to win the primary." You have to go further and make up claims about how Hillary Clinton is "obviously" the one who is needed to beat Trump because she's the only one who can pull in the numbers --from whole clothe, based solely on your feelings, and running totally contrary to the facts and the polling that has been coming out for months now. Sanders has always been the stronger election candidate in polls for months now, and including all of April when they now are officially a historically reliable indicator. But then you have the temerity to turn around and blame Sanders because Hillary Clinton is now losing to Trump, because she can't pull in Sander supporters?

Which is it, Frank, is she the best candidate to beat Trump or isn't she?

Finally, even Nate Silver is starting to wise up and admit some hard truths about Hillary, namely what the almost certain reason for her losing to Trump in recent polls. And he gives her campaign some advice --the same advice I've said on this forums for months-- which is that if she doesn't drastically change course to accommodate left-wing Independents, who're now a huge swatch of voters who are "clearly to the left of her," this election will "come down to the wire." And yet, Hillary is still "triangulating," which in 2016 terms means "is working really hard to lose her national advantages to Trump." The proof is in the pudding. The Democrats have pissed off the left-wing Independent voters they need every election in order to secure victory. And if they were honest --if the DNC-backed pundits on MSNBC, CNN, et al were honest for even a single second-- they would acknowledge that their/DWS/Clinton's slandering of Independents, the incredibly dishonest and scurrilous character assassinations of these voters are exactly why Hillary is tied/losing to Trump.

This is a self-inflicted wound that Hillary and her mouth pieces have performed on themselves, and they have no one to blame but themselves. Apparently this is new information, but calling people who you must have to vote for you a "cult of white males," "violent individuals," "only for Sanders to find boys," "going to hell for not supporting Hillary," "usurpers," "supporters of white dominance," "angry men," "sexists," "low information voters," "shouting lunatics," and a "threat" does not draw them out to vote for you. And I'm not totally certain when this became news, or why Hillary supporters didn't, can't, and won't see this.

Last edited:

Firstly, that's the most non-sequitur response you could possibly give. Secondly, it doesn't matter what I think, it matters how the average American likes her, and how much she inspires them to vote. Right now, in the two most recent polls, she's losing to Donald Trump. To Donald f***ing Trump. Democrats somehow managed to find the one Democrat weak enough to lose to Donald "I Use the Best Words" Trump.

They're the ones who are throwing out a sure-thing-victory and are gambling with America's future. You can whine and blame Sanders and his supporters as long as you want to, but the facts are the facts. Amazingly, it's not even enough to you to just say, "Look, she's going to win the primary." You have to go further and make up claims about how Hillary Clinton is "obviously" the one who is needed to beat Trump because she's the only one who can pull in the numbers --from whole clothe, based solely on your feelings, and running totally contrary to the facts and the polling that has been coming out for months now. Sanders has always been the stronger election candidate in polls for months now, and including all of April when they now are officially a historically reliable indicator. But then you have the temerity to turn around and blame Sanders because Hillary Clinton is now losing to Trump, because she can't pull in Sander supporters?

Which is it, Frank, is she the best candidate to beat Trump or isn't she?

Finally, even Nate Silver is starting to wise up and admit some hard truths about Hillary, namely what the almost certain reason for her losing to Trump in recent polls. And he gives her campaign some advice --the same advice I've said on this forums for months-- which is that if she doesn't drastically change course to accommodate left-wing Independents, who're now a huge swatch of voters who are "clearly to the left of her," this election will "come down to the wire." And yet, Hillary is still "triangulating," which in 2016 terms means "is working really hard to lose her national advantages to Trump." The proof is in the pudding. The Democrats have pissed off the left-wing Independent voters they need every election in order to secure victory. And if they were honest --if the DNC-backed pundits on MSNBC, CNN, et al were honest for even a single second-- they would acknowledge that their/DWS/Clinton's slandering of Independents, the incredibly dishonest and scurrilous character assassinations of these voters are exactly why Hillary is tied/losing to Trump.

This is a self-inflicted wound that Hillary and her mouth pieces have performed on themselves, and they have no one to blame but themselves. Apparently this is new information, but calling people who you must have to vote for you a "cult of white males," "violent individuals," "only for Sanders to find boys," "going to hell for not supporting Hillary," "usurpers," "supporters of white dominance," "angry men," "sexists," "low information voters," "shouting lunatics," and a "threat" does not draw them out to vote for you. And I'm not totally certain when this became news, or why Hillary supporters didn't, can't, and won't see this.

kdk5l.gif

She has the right to of course. But why piss of the Bernie supporters by asking him to get out? She's got it all wrapped up anyway... right? Bernie isn't doing any further damage to Hillary by staying in a few more weeks, she on the other hand...

I leave you with this.

I think she will piss off Bernie supporters no matter what...because Bernie's supporters are acting like 9 year olds right now.

Screw 'em.

I think she will have a very difficult time winning without them...but I am beginning to suspect she will not get most of their votes anyway.

So...Donald Trump may well win.

I guess the Bernie supporters will have taught her a lesson!

Ah, jerks and a sad, sad group just because they don't want to get behind Hillary.

No...not because they will not get behind Hillary.

Because they are acting like 9 year old kids who are disappointed.

I see you are intolerant of ideas. The tea party folks and the Bernie folks do have common ground. They are both tired of establishment politics. For that I cannot call them jerks.

Then don't.

I CAN...and have.

I'll do it again:

Any Bernie supporter who is willing to help the Republicans win the White House because of their petulant, childish snit...is a jerk.

Firstly, that's the most non-sequitur response you could possibly give.

No it isn't.

That addresses the part of your post that I want to respond to.

I think she will piss off Bernie supporters no matter what...because Bernie's supporters are acting like 9 year olds right now.

Screw 'em.

I think she will have a very difficult time winning without them...but I am beginning to suspect she will not get most of their votes anyway.

So...Donald Trump may well win.

I guess the Bernie supporters will have taught her a lesson!

Bernie supporters as a whole never liked her in the first place, hell a goodly portion of them don't even want to be identified with the democratic party. She is a bought and paid for political insider. People want change and they're perceiving that the game is rigged by said insiders. You imply the outrage and anger is juvenile... maybe it's justified. If Hillary doesn't want to lose the Bernie supporters maybe it's time she gave them a reason to give a **** whether she or Trump is in the White House.

Bernie supporters as a whole never liked her in the first place, hell a goodly portion of them don't even want to be identified with the democratic party. She is a bought and paid for political insider. People want change and they're perceiving that the game is rigged by said insiders. You imply the outrage and anger is juvenile... maybe it's justified.

Okay...I'll buy that, Winchester.

But I don't think there is much that Hillary can say to entice Bernie supporters to support her. (More about that below.)

If they are not bright enough to realize NOT SUPPORTING HER...is the same as SUPPORTING DONALD TRUMP AND THE REPUBLICANS...

...she has to accept that.

I personally think many (very likely MOST) are NOT bright enough to make that realization. I think they are jerks who will do to the Democratic Party and the Democratic Party candidates what the Tea Party has done to the Republican Party and the Republican Party candidates.

So...if they continue their childish tantrum...Hillary may well lose.

Like I said: They will have taught her a lesson!

If Hillary doesn't want to lose the Bernie supporters maybe it's time she gave them a reason to give a **** whether she or Trump is in the White House.

If keeping the Republicans from taking control of the White House...and probably all three branches of our government is NOT ENOUGH REASON...

...then no "reason" will do.

They are jerks...willing to cut off their noses to spite their faces.

If their ingenious plan works and Donald Trump is elected...we will live with it...and survive it.

Hell, if we survived eight years of George Dubya and Darth Cheney...we can survive anything.

But I don't think there is much that Hillary can say to entice Bernie supporters to support her. (More about that below.)

If they are not bright enough to realize NOT SUPPORTING HER...is the same as SUPPORTING DONALD TRUMP AND THE REPUBLICANS...

I personally think many (very likely MOST) are NOT bright enough to make that realization. I think they are jerks who will do to the Democratic Party and the Democratic Party candidates what the Tea Party has done to the Republican Party and the Republican Party candidates.

So...if they continue their childish tantrum...Hillary may well lose.

Like I said: They will have taught her a lesson!

If keeping the Republicans from taking control of the White House...and probably all three branches of our government is NOT ENOUGH REASON...

...then no "reason" will do.

They are jerks...willing to cut off their noses to spite their faces.

If their ingenious plan works and Donald Trump is elected...we will live with it...and survive it.

Hell, if we survived eight years of George Dubya and Darth Cheney...we can survive anything.

Oh she'll win more than are willing to admit they'll vote for her right now. Fear is a hell of a motivator and I truly think that is the path the DNC will take against Trump. OTOH, burning down the house does have some appeal. :2razz:

Probably going to be a lot of I hate myself in the morning the day after the elections, no matter which side one comes down on.

Oh she'll win more than are willing to admit they'll vote for her right now. Fear is a hell of a motivator and I truly think that is the path the DNC will take against Trump. OTOH, burning down the house does have some appeal. :2razz:

Probably going to be a lot of I hate myself in the morning the day after the elections, no matter which side one comes down on.

We certainly agree there, Winchester.

The political divide has become a monster. Not sure what can be done about it.

Bernie supporters as a whole never liked her in the first place, hell a goodly portion of them don't even want to be identified with the democratic party. She is a bought and paid for political insider. People want change and they're perceiving that the game is rigged by said insiders. You imply the outrage and anger is juvenile... maybe it's justified. If Hillary doesn't want to lose the Bernie supporters maybe it's time she gave them a reason to give a **** whether she or Trump is in the White House.

This, from Winchester! I have never at any point been in any way, shape or form associated with the Democratic party. Last year when I discovered Bernie I found that his positions matched my views very closely and was beyond impressed with his record and honesty. I voted Democrat the first time ever this election for Bernie, and now I'm being told that if I don't vote for Hillary, someone who doesn't represent my views in the slightest, I'm a childish traitor who is electing Donald Trump. For ****'s sake.

This, from Winchester! I have never at any point been in any way, shape or form associated with the Democratic party. Last year when I discovered Bernie I found that his positions matched my views very closely and was beyond impressed with his record and honesty. I voted Democrat the first time ever this election for Bernie, and now I'm being told that if I don't vote for Hillary, someone who doesn't represent my views in the slightest, I'm a childish traitor who is electing Donald Trump. For ****'s sake.

Grow up. That is not what you have been told at all.

Mind rephrasing that please?

sure

you mentioned several reason why Hillary is a no for you but then said you would vote for Trump in spite of knowing he is a bigot.

he is more than just a bigot, I think we would both agree on that too

A bigot is fairly high on the list of qualities that make a human being despicable in numerous ways so I am curious what trait of Hillary's you think sinks her below what is one of the most loathsome qualities a human being can possess

You go Bernie! Bern baby Bern!

The sense of entitlement of the Clinton people is breathtaking. I hope Sanders runs a third party bid just to teach them a lesson.

But then we end up with Trump, which will teach us ALL a lesson. :cry:

Clinton fury with Sanders grows | TheHill

At what point does it stop being 'entitlement'? She's ahead by 3,000,000+ votes, she has a massive pledged delegate lead, and an even bigger lead when you include super delegates. The Sanders campaign is lashing out relentlessly at the presumptive nominee because they're angry they have been so thoroughly trounced and they're using the 'establishment' as a scapegoat for that fact.

I have never at any point been in any way, shape or form associated with the Democratic party. Last year when I discovered Bernie I found that his positions matched my views very closely and was beyond impressed with his record and honesty. I voted Democrat the first time ever this election for Bernie, and now I'm being told that if I don't vote for Hillary, someone who doesn't represent my views in the slightest, I'm a childish traitor who is electing Donald Trump. For ****'s sake.

Grow up. That is not what you have been told at all.

o_rly_original.jpg

Huh. Because that's exactly what it sounds like you're telling them, Frank.

Back
Top Bottom