• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Leonardo Da Vinci's wacky piano is heard for the first time, after 500 years

TacticalEvilDan

Shankmasta Killa
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
A bizarre instrument combining a piano and cello has finally been played to an audience more than 500 years after it was dreamt up Leonardo da Vinci.

Da Vinci, the Italian Renaissance genius who painted the Mona Lisa, invented the ‘‘viola organista’’ - which looks like a baby grand piano – but never built it, experts say.

The viola organista has now come to life, thanks to a Polish concert pianist with a flair for instrument-making and the patience and passion to interpret da Vinci’s plans.

[...]

‘‘I have no idea what Leonardo da Vinci might think of the instrument I’ve made, but I’d hope he’d be pleased,’’ said Zubrzycki, who spend three years and 5000 hours bringing da Vinci’s creation to life.

Emphasis mine.

Leonardo Da Vinci's wacky piano is heard for the first time, after 500 years

Crazy crazy shiznit, yo.

It's a Renaissance synthesizer! :D

:shock::shock:
Amazing.. This guy was a genius and will be remembered as a genius for many years to come..

The "viola organista’’.....very cool and sounds beautiful. I wonder why Leonardo didn't have it built?

As a side, I was at Hobby Lobby the other day and I saw they have kits to make small versions of some of Leonardo's other inventions....though nothing like the violia organista, of course.....

Aerial screw...
41F0EuolWuL.jpg

Catapult...
IMG_5753.jpg

Orthinopter...
CIMG0500.jpg

I'm thinking they might make good Xmas gifts.

The "viola organista’’.....very cool and sounds beautiful. I wonder why Leonardo didn't have it built?

As a side, I was at Hobby Lobby the other day and I saw they have kits to make small versions of some of Leonardo's other inventions....though nothing like the violia organista, of course.....

Aerial screw...
41F0EuolWuL.jpg

Catapult...
IMG_5753.jpg

Orthinopter...
CIMG0500.jpg

I'm thinking they might make good Xmas gifts.

They tried to do the same with Leonardo's great army bow. They used his sketches but it did not work.

Back
Top Bottom